PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Lights

gxhpainter2
02-12-2014, 07:47 AM
ok I know this is a little over the top, a cross between a comic book and a cartoon, maybe one too many Starbucks this morning but it was fun ! hope you get a smile from it atleast.:rolleyes: :cool:

copespeak
02-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Great colours, and the outline and shadowing gives it a 3D effect. Very interesting! :cool:

AndreaMG
02-12-2014, 09:42 AM
It looks something from the maya era ;)

D Akey
02-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Why do I think 'pinball machine' in Toon Town? Very amusing indeed. Now get back to watching Simpsons or whatever you have been feasting on. . .

Caesar
02-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Maybe a landing field for Dragonball ... I'm kidding. This is a sort of neo-Lichtenstein-Haring derived cartoon style and I like it very much, better than manga or today's often most confused and dark looking comics style.

gxhpainter2
02-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Great colours, and the outline and shadowing gives it a 3D effect. Very interesting! :cool: thanks Robyn, I can't say exactly what drove me in this direction but I think as Caesar points out I have been looking at and trying some things like Lichtenstein and Keith Haring..

It looks something from the maya era ;) funny I have done other works in the past and other mentioned that they looked Mayan also... hmmm maybe a past life..

Maybe a landing field for Dragonball ... I'm kidding. This is a sort of neo-Lichtenstein-Haring derived cartoon style and I like it very much, better than manga or today's often most confused and dark looking comics style. Caesar you really do pick up on influences... I am going to show you something I did recently that was a direct take on Lichtenstein..and Andy Warhol. They have since influenced my sense of color and form and given me a greater appreciation for comic style. BTW these were done from photographs as I have little ability to draw the human face.:o

stevemawmv
02-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Great stuff Gary!
'Comtoonic'?, Boy that didn't get past spellchecker!
Don't let the buzz wear off, really enjoy looking at all the new one's.....
Keep them coming,
fingers and keyboard
can take it.....
Steve

gxhpainter2
02-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Steve, I tried 3 time to reply to this and for some reason after I enter my reply and click on Submit Reply IE seems to hang and the reply does get posted so I am switching to Chrome... anyway thanks for your comment and I like ComToonic ...