PDA

View Full Version : In The City

gxhpainter2
02-12-2014, 06:20 AM
calmed down the bright colors a bit, but was inspired by the scenes from a movie with a helicopter flying over Portland ( movie was GONE )... did a lot of post painting Photoshop work to add a more gritty texture.. Originally it started with simple geometric shapes with global light turned off in AR to get flat color. I am finding that working in AR with flat color and a lower resolution makes things run faster on my computer and then I use Perfect Resize to upsize the image to a printable resolution and size..hope you enjoy this one.:)

D Akey
02-12-2014, 07:09 AM
It feels like the vision is consistent throughout. I'm seeing some really good things in it.

You're certainly doing artistic work with it. It's a very good image. You're definitely coming back with a vision. Go Man Go!

copespeak
02-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Your titles always give an insight to the subject, and I look down and imagine what's happening beneath those roofs.

Lovely colour pallet and textures. You're back with renewed enthusiasm! :cool:

Marilyn Anne
02-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Very solid looking. Interesting colors.

AndreaMG
02-12-2014, 09:39 AM
I like it! If I may: I'd have also added a water container (we don't have those in Italy but in u.s movies are always on top of some buildings :p) rendered like a circle among all those blocks.

Caesar
02-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Mondrian was artfully rivisited and elaborated here by You, dear Gary. I love this one!

jmac
02-13-2014, 03:57 AM
You have a nice eye for abstract work. I don't see things that way and I have a good deal of respect for those who can produce work that goes beyond an explosion in a paint factory. It is much harder to do than most people realize. I saw a movie about Jackson Pollack, don't remember the name of it, starring Ed Harris, that I thought was very well done and changed my thinking about abstract work. Though I must admit seeing a large white canvas with a single orange stripe down one side, hanging in the National Gallery in Washington DC, left me wondering how that deserved to be there.

gxhpainter2
02-13-2014, 06:32 AM
It feels like the vision is consistent throughout. I'm seeing some really good things in it.

You're certainly doing artistic work with it. It's a very good image. You're definitely coming back with a vision. Go Man Go! D Akey, thanks I owe you , your advice and eye for quality work, and ability to identify where it falls short has been a great help to me these past couple of years..

Your titles always give an insight to the subject, and I look down and imagine what's happening beneath those roofs.

Lovely colour pallet and textures. You're back with renewed enthusiasm! :cool: Robyn, thanks so much, I love the abstract because it allows/makes the viewer come up with something of their own when looking at a work but in my case atleast I like to try to give a context or starting point with the title..

Very solid looking. Interesting colors. thanks Marilyn :)

I like it! If I may: I'd have also added a water container (we don't have those in Italy but in u.s movies are always on top of some buildings :p) rendered like a circle among all those blocks. good idea , and thanks I love your work and it is a pleasure to have you stop by and comment

Mondrian was artfully rivisited and elaborated here by You, dear Gary. I love this one! Ah your acute eye for artistic source, this is an evolution of sorts from my foray into the works of Mondrian...

You have a nice eye for abstract work. I don't see things that way and I have a good deal of respect for those who can produce work that goes beyond an explosion in a paint factory. It is much harder to do than most people realize. I saw a movie about Jackson Pollack, don't remember the name of it, starring Ed Harris, that I thought was very well done and changed my thinking about abstract work. Though I must admit seeing a large white canvas with a single orange stripe down one side, hanging in the National Gallery in Washington DC, left me wondering how that deserved to be there. Jmac thanks, I really appreciate when someone like yourself gives an honest appraisal and comes from a more realistic painting style. As that was my root and I only much later came into a more abstract style. there are artists that I really question and whose work I really wonder about also.