PDA

View Full Version : The Thief

DreamSourceStudio
01-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Here's a new piece I recently finished using ArtRage 4 and Wacom Cintiq Companion. I just love these two things combined. Please full-view. The image has been downsized to 65%, but some details are still visible. I'm always amazed at how much fine detail I can put into a piece in ArtRage 4. I don't feel I can do the same in Painter 12 unless I work on a really big piece and then downsize it to make the detail look more "detailed" if you know what I mean. The oils in this program are just amazing. :)

AndreaMG
01-30-2014, 08:12 AM
I'm against hunting but this one is terrific.

copespeak
01-30-2014, 08:19 AM
This painting is so well done, even though I am saddened by hunting as well.

Excellent work! :)

DreamSourceStudio
01-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Lol, I'm not a fan of hunting either (unless it is for survival), but things like this did happen hundreds of years ago when people hunted to survive. In this case the "thief" stole the owl's eggs (note the bag full of eggs), so the owl scratched up our thief (note the bloody arms). Being attacked by the owl, he decides to put an end to it... though.... whether he does or not is up to your imagination. ;) :)

Gms9810
01-30-2014, 09:03 AM
The title 'the thief' implies that the target isn't necessarily an animal.

DreamSourceStudio
01-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Yes. Good observation. :)

stevemawmv
01-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Nicely done!
Very well balanced, your choice of colors are offering the viewer the sense
of the cold, and the desperation within it, reminds me of old Currier and Ives
prints ... Yeah, I know...Bla Bla Bla...
I liked it as well over at DA, really good job!
OH!... I'm rooting for the owl....
My compliments on
your painting, take
care.
Steve

Recent:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45586-Stevemawmv-Just-my-Paintings-(Slight-update-JAN-29-PERSISTENCE-)/page19

D Akey
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Personally, I don't much cotton to horseback-riding, bow-stringing owl-hunting thieves. Not my class of people at all, are these fur collar workers. I'm of a different color collar.

Anyway, It's a dandy painting, and I didn't at all get that he was hunting owl. In fact, I kind of got that they were pals and were both escaping from the posse that's chasing them. And the arrow is meant for the pursuers out of the picture frame. But I didn't write the story, so I could be completely off.

Adventure abounds and the painting is very satisfying in its loving detail. Well done.

Caesar
01-30-2014, 08:45 PM
A very nice young Gengis Khan, I presume. Fine illustration.

Henry Stahle
01-31-2014, 02:59 AM
You are a good artist, I must say! The style and the colours look like oil painting, and very detailed as you said. Good Digital Art! I like it.

DreamSourceStudio
02-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments. As for interpretations, I'm just the artist. :) It's up to you to form your own story. Sometimes I feel like I get a quick look at a scene in my head and start painting. Who knows where it comes from or what the intentions are. I think all those stories about Mongols had a slight impact on me as a kid. Horses and riders and anything pre-20th century appeals to me for some reason.

coops
02-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Looks like a pages from a history book, great work well done:)

DreamSourceStudio
02-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks! :)