PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance

pat1940
01-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Searched for the artist but could not find, so I am sure that DAkey or Caesar can tell me, seen on the internet, done in oil

sabena
01-29-2014, 07:41 AM
WOW wonderfull painting fantastic pat1940

DreamSourceStudio
01-29-2014, 08:05 AM
It looks like a traditional work. Very nice.

copespeak
01-29-2014, 08:53 AM
I did a search and there is a whole group of famous paintings done with a modern celebrity inserted as the subject. Some of them are so well done! This one looks to be with Angelina Jolie.

The original is 'Portrait of a Young Woman' by Louise Elisabeth Vigee Le Brun. See: http://www.royal-painting.com/htmllarge/large-29190.html

pat1940
01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Thank you Sabena, really appreciate your comments
DSS thanks for taking a peek, so glad you like it
Robyn, thanks for taking the time to find it for me, I painted her on traditional canvas many years ago and forgot who the artist was

stevemawmv
01-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Hello Pat,
I really like this....
You have quite of an impressive collection in your gallery, I've enjoyed viewing
your work. Wonderful work it is Pat! The diversity is amazing , something I must
learn....looking at your paintings will hopefully get me started.
Nicely done,
Steve

D Akey
01-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah, Copespeak beat us to it. Good search skills.

Again, this looks rather like a tapestry. Love the warm colors. She does look pretty sultry as well. You create some lovely tones in your paintings both from the colors and the subjects. Well done, Pat! I find the difference in hair quality between the top part of the head and the trailing part as being very intriguing.

limey-g
01-29-2014, 05:58 PM
A really nice painting Pat, very good choice of background colours.
Geoff

Caesar
01-30-2014, 03:54 AM
A delightful lady portrait!
It looks more than a couple of centuries later than Renaissance (in Italy at least), dear Pat. Looking at the attire, it's likely dated at Napoleon time or so (some decades across XVIII and XIX centuries) and it's possibly an English painting. I'll try to find it if I can.

AndreaMG
01-30-2014, 04:15 AM
Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_%C3%89lisabeth_Vig%C3%A9e_Le_Brun

Cheers :p

Marilyn Anne
01-30-2014, 07:08 AM
It reminds me of the March sisters in Little Women.

pat1940
01-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Steve, thank you so much for your kind comments, appreciate you checking out all my paintings and taking the time to comment
DAkey, again always a pleasure to hear from you, thanks again for your kind comments
Geoff, nice to hear from you again, thanks for taking a peek
Caesar, thanks again for the info, it is always nice to get input, so appreciate it always and glad you like it
Andrea, thanks for taking the time to find this info on the artist I was looking for, really appreciate it, this forum is so helpful in many ways and very eager to help

AndreaMG
01-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Andrea, thanks for taking the time to find this info on the artist I was looking for, really appreciate it, this forum is so helpful in many ways and very eager to help

You're quite welcome, actually I didn't know her, she was good and you did a pretty good job too ;)

Caesar
01-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Well done, dear Andrea! Bravo! Napoleon period, as for my guess, was therefore substantially right (a 1797 painting) and the attire too (but not an English painting, rather a French one more in line with that time French looking attire). Here's the original.

coops
02-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Very artistic work, well done:)