PDA

View Full Version : Have a coffee

Caesar
01-05-2014, 07:29 AM
This is a funny image I drew quickly enough with AR upon request of my wife, that is going to hang on the kitchen wall (and avoid buying a 10 € smaller one she saw on a street market ;)). I printed it and I'm going to stick it on a wooden plate.

stevemawmv
01-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Caesar,
Hope you had a wonderful christmas and new years celebration!

Make mine a Caffè Doppio,
I usually need a extra boost....
I'm familiar with this artwork, my mom use to collect these
and would be all over the kitchen, then she replaced them with
her own paintings..
Thanks for the memory!
Best wishes to you
and your family for
the New Year,
Steve

Marilyn Anne
01-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Cute picture . Good idea! Save money!

AndreaMG
01-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Caesar,
Make mine a Caffè Doppio,

Ciao Cesare, per me uno macchiato con latte grazie!:p
Hello Cesar, one coffee with milk for me please!:p

copespeak
01-05-2014, 09:43 AM
A wonderful creation Caesar. It's very satisfying having your own unique version up on the wall to enjoy! :cool:

pat1940
01-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Caesar, what a great idea, love the painting, your wife is very smart lol

Alexandra
01-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Haha Cesare! I am sure she will love it.
Happy New Year!

limey-g
01-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Nice one Caesar, has that old feel to it.
Regards Geoff

Caesar
01-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Dear Steve, by aging,I went the opposite way than Your mom, from avant-garde to vintage souvenirs ... LOL;):o Anyway did You see where George Clooney took my coffee machine with his idea to advertise that idea of the snobbish Nespresso spots? Thank you!

Thank You, dear Marilyn Ann! For saving money I risk to be engaged also in floreal painting I'm afraid ...:eek:;)LOL

As you wish, dear Andrea! Macchiato caldo or freddo, schiumato, ristretto o lungo, al vetro, with panna or chocolate powder, corretto with sambuca ... anyone still looking for a standard one? ;):o Thank You!

It really is, dear Robyn. At least You may still get some admiration and praise from Your partner after You passed half century, although of a different type.:D Thanl You!

Dear Pat, she really is, although she made little mistake too, by choosing a crazy boy like me me as husband LOLa:o;) ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra! Have a magical 2014!

Dear Geoff, the problem is that I start getting too that old feel ... LOL:o:D Thank You!

D Akey
01-06-2014, 10:17 AM
I love it Caesar. So campy. So kitch. I love this kind of thing. Very pleasant and whimsical associations around such a style wherein some of the cultural images of our life take on a familiarity beyond selling whatever they are advertising. This has the feel of a children's book. Maurice Sendak did a children's book, In The Night Kitchen about what happens after the kid is sent to bed. The boy imagines that all the fun stuff in the world happens once he is locked away. And his fantasy and imaginings are the stuff of the story. Bakers play a large role in the story.

At any rate, this reminds me of that owing to the jolly good nature of the character you depicted. All one has to do is look at it and feel comforted like in a charming street corner cafe somewhere in small town Europe (Italy no doubt in your case).

You would be surprised what makes up children's books. And you're backing into that arena now too from what I can see even though it was for your wife. Yeah, do not let other artists into your home. You're the king of whimsy and art there. Let there be no mistake. Pretenders to the throne must remain outside the castle walls and ply their trades on the streets. Well done Caesar!

https://www.google.com/search?q=in+the+night+kitchen&sa=X&hl=en&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDgw4HsxCnfq6-gWFBuWWZEpiZZlyRZaAl4FhakpFfFJLvlJ-f7Z-XU-nAwHtzcdbRC8mPeoUjX9XlmZvpmwqpAQDz-VL6SQAAAA&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=b8vJUpq2HuOQ2QXRpoGQCA&ved=0CJ8BELAE&biw=1067&bih=483

justjean
01-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Caesar, love it , bet it makes your kitchen a warm and happy place :D

silvy
01-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Proprio una bella idea e credo che tua moglie ne sarà soddisfatta. Non c'è paragone tra un dipinto tuo originale e uno di quegli oggettini che si acquistano nei mercatini.
Approfitto dell'occasione per augurarti uno splendodo 2014:)

Just a nice idea and I think that your wife will be satisfied. There is no comparison between an original painting by you and one of those trinkets that can be bought in the markets.
I take this opportunity to wish you a splendid 2014:)

Caesar
01-07-2014, 03:42 AM
Thank You, dear D Akey! Your comment is, as usual, a source of interests, fun and wisdom, apart from a flattering encouragement.

That's probably so, dear Jean, and most of the merit is my wife's and of her cuisine ... LOL;) Thank You!

Grazie, cara Silvia! Mia moglie è abbastanza soddisfatta da avermi proposto di farne in serie e venderli al mercato ...:o
Thank You, dear Silvy! My wife is satisfied enough to have proposed me to make a series production and sell them on the market ...:o

Btw, the cost eventually was of 40€cents plus a homemade copy print and some glue, far less than 10€ even if I don't take into account the time to draw it and get the wooden plate cut. It was a good deal then if I consider that the model could be copied as many times as I wish and the plate cut repeatedly with only one bricolage shop visit.

Rom__
01-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Oh, it's fun and it's great! Best wishes!: D

MKROOT
01-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Very nice :)

Caesar
01-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Thank you, dear Rom and MKROOT!

sabena
01-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Hi Caesar COOL image and great work

Caesar
01-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Thank You, dear Sabena! I printed it and glued it on a wooden plate. Now it's stuck on the wall tiles in my kitchen and looks funny and cool, as kitsch as it may be. After all I can hardly think to hang a Caravaggio in the kitchen (maybe apart from his famous fruit basket)... LOL;)

coops
01-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Great painting Cesare and would love brilliant printed off, well done:)

Weeks
01-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Haha so cool Caesar. A lot of sensibility in your paintings. It make me feel a little bit nostalgic of something lost from that time.

Best,

Weeks

Caesar
01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Thank you dear Katie! If You like to have it too in Your kitchen, pls, help Yourself ... You print it, stick it on a purposely cut wooden base with a normal glue then on the wall or on the tiles with a special glue you may also remove in case and ... voilà. That's wjhat i did.

Sometimes a little kitsch pleasantly takes you back in Your childhood, dear Weeks, and some defined, unchanging, simple characters help improve Your mood. Thank You!