PDA

View Full Version : "Philip"

Lenchantin
11-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Hey all-

New to the ArtRage community. I picked up the demo and I am nudging the powers that be for an early Christmas Present. (ArtRage AND a replacement stylus for my old Intuos3. Styluses DON'T like accidental swims in coffee.) So, sorry for the demo water mark. My background is in film and computer animation. Digital painting is a favorite past-time of mine, but I haven't had time the last two or three years to do much in the way of art.

This is a WIP called Philip -- Watercolor and pencil on fine paper. Total time so far is 1 hour.

I wanted to test out the watercolor features of the program, so I did a quick painting of my nephew from a picture of him I had sitting on my desk. I admit that I rushed the shirt, and the hair may need a little work. It's mostly done aside some touch-ups I want to do when I upgrade to the full version.

I'll update this at some point. :)

Dustin

D Akey
11-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Great! Love the casual look of it. And it shows a great attitude in his look with not a lot of fuss. Feels very sketch pad and spontaneous, whether it is or it was in the photo you used as a model.

Lenchantin
11-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Great! Love the casual look of it. And it shows a great attitude in his look with not a lot of fuss. Feels very sketch pad and spontaneous, whether it is or it was in the photo you used as a model.

Thank you!

He was being silly and standing in a kung-fu pose of some sort or another, and his expression in the photo almost reminds me of the National Geographic cover of the girl from Afghanistan. I have always placed a lot of emphasis on eyes, because they are so important for telling the story of your character.

Caesar
11-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Well, it looks like You eventually got trapped by Artrage charme too, but looking at Your talent you really deserved to get this software. Congrats!

coops
12-02-2013, 12:39 AM
I really like this one, love the way you have captured that look in his eyes. Looking forward to seeing many more:)

D Akey
12-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Yes, now that you mention the National Geographic cover, it's exactly the look in the eyes.

Niloc
12-02-2013, 12:38 PM
I too like the intense look through the eyes.

stevemawmv
12-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Welcome, Lenchantin!
I like it!
Glad your finding the time, for your digital painting and exploring AR's possibilities!
Looking forward to seeing more, and definitely!...'The Eyes Have it'
OH!
Grab a spoon next time!
Take Care,
Stevemawmv

Visit My Gallery:
http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45586-Stevemawmv