PDA

View Full Version : Conclusion IR-14.

Vladislav
11-08-2013, 05:47 PM
ArtRage+Photoshop(RAW-import+post)

Caesar
11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
A quite androgynous portrait painting in my view. The lips remind me one of the three Russian "pussy riot" jailed, the one sent to Siberia, according to what I read. The light and color scheme here are somehow different from Your usual ones ... I like it very much. Always a unique, tasty style what You display!

stevemawmv
11-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Very impressive likeness.....
You've achieved another 'thought-provoking image of harsh realities!
I applaud you my friend,
Steve

Vladislav
11-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Caesar
so it is: one of the women prisoners.

D Akey
11-10-2013, 05:13 AM
I don't know nothing about no pussy riots. . . but if Caesar knows about it and it's as far away as Russia, it's likely to have a healthy dose of sexual intrigue, and that's good enough to keep me glued to my seat.

Be that as it may, this is an intriguing portrait. The style is rigid and solid, almost sculpted out of color. And to paint a lovely lady who is probably very fluid moving in this manner, it sets up a contrast between subject and style. I find the combination most intriguing. Her look is mesmerizing, because it is almost possessing an inner life that is radiating out. And I half expect her to interact with me in some way. Very alluring.

mentalaustrian
11-10-2013, 06:02 AM
great portrait !!!!
is there any news what happened to her? a few days ago i heard that she disapeared.

Vladislav
11-11-2013, 03:31 AM
mentalaustrian
While the silence in the air.

Caesar
11-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Not really, dear D Akey. It's a Russian protest movement like the Ukrainian born Femen (not with naked breasts like them though as strange as it may be for me LOL:o). Three young women were arrested for fiercely protesting in a church several months ago and are still under arrest. The "leader" of the three, who became popular enough also abroad was sent in Siberia lately, a quite sinister message reminding past times gulags.
I would be a little surprised, but not so much, that in US there's little or no information at all on news like this, or maybe that of Greenpeace activists arrested by Russian forces for piracy and quite a lot of other news all over the world places in the world where people in many correct or disputable ways fight for some right or human and environment defence issue.
I presume there's still little interest of Americans for what happens beyond their borders, unless it directly impacts US politics, policies and politicians, with worrisome reactions and answers in cases such as that of Assange, Snowden, espionage on allies etc. which deals with issues which are of paramount importance also for American people. Such "selective" removal is an attitude which may be progressively damaging US influence and reference for freedom and human rights in these days when worldwide power is more and more shared among a few big and often bullish nations.

Niloc
11-14-2013, 10:13 AM
I love the flames in the eyes

D Akey
11-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks Caesar,

I was hoping I could get an explanation. I still don't know who they were based on "3 women in a church". And unless you know the story, I had nothing to use as a search string other than the title of this thread and I got nothing.

Don't go by me whether the story was a big one in the USA or not. Stories come and go at an alarmingly fast rate here. I don't follow the news because I don't have a TV and I can't bear listening to the radio except in the car, and I don't drive a lot, but I can't stand radio because of the incessant harangue by advertisers. It's too much and the music is the same stuff they've played since the 1960s. . . nonstop. It's not because the music is so appealing after all that time, it's because it's paid for already and it can be aired cheaply.

Anyway, to say Americans don't have a care for anything outside their borders is a particularly strange comment. It's usually the opposite comment, about how we're too much in everyone else's business. People love cliche's, don't they. And they love to point fingers.

But news is controlled in the USA and Russia and China and anywhere political regimes and business interests want to control people's opinion. I can't recall when we ever were encouraged to make a fuss over Russian or Chinese internal affairs, because then they could make a fuss over ours and we're right back in the Cold War, and I suppose that's bad for business. And business is frequently behind abusing the planet's resources. So since business is really in control, the powers that be use their control to minimize anything that would slow business.

Sadly our news is very controlled and manipulated, as is the case everywhere on the planet, but there are independent news sources, and the world can be heard over here too via the internet.

If the news is accessible in Italy for example, it is because the business interests there feel that news is serving their interests, whether it is because they are being kept out of the big game and want to "rub their nose in it", or because so long as you in Italy are concerning yourself with Russian and American problems, you are looking less at the problems that might curtail Italian business.

But that's all being too simplistic because there is a lot of individual dimensions to it, but there it is, broad as you please. :rolleyes:;):D:o:(:cool::eek::o:p:mad::rolleyes::)

Not really, dear D Akey. It's a Russian protest movement like the Ukrainian born Femen (not with naked breasts like them though as strange as it may be for me LOL:o). Three young women were arrested for fiercely protesting in a church several months ago and are still under arrest. The "leader" of the three, who became popular enough also abroad was sent in Siberia lately, a quite sinister message reminding past times gulags.
I would be a little surprised, but not so much, that in US there's little or no information at all on news like this, or maybe that of Greenpeace activists arrested by Russian forces for piracy and quite a lot of other news all over the world places in the world where people in many correct or disputable ways fight for some right or human and environment defence issue.
I presume there's still little interest of Americans for what happens beyond their borders, unless it directly impacts US politics, policies and politicians, with worrisome reactions and answers in cases such as that of Assange, Snowden, espionage on allies etc. which deals with issues which are of paramount importance also for American people. Such "selective" removal is an attitude which may be progressively damaging US influence and reference for freedom and human rights in these days when worldwide power is more and more shared among a few big and often bullish nations.

Caesar
11-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Quite true, dear D Akey, and in Italy neither we enjoy enough real worldwide information either because they prefer to keep us informed only to keep us silly and stupid (some sloppy propaganda and a few lies) , but, apart for our business interest, we apparently have so scarce at government level, we're in the middle of an area having Europe and Eastern Europe and Russia all around as well as Middle East, and North Africa, so we end up knowing quite a lot. As a matter of fact we knew and possibly know more about Lybia or Lebanon or eritrea, Somalia etc. or, to some extent Syria than other do, even with much more resources and technologies just because our services, or military forces or oil company etc. excel with what is called humint, also because of an empathetic attidude and capability to really get into and familiar with different people. And still countries like France and US in Lybia (or UK in Iraq) make big mistakes and mess on big lies or bad information and almost did in Syria too.
US (still the world nr. 1 and a leading country, no doubt) does try to keep, at political and business level, control on events all over the world, but I think it informs quite selectively and deceptively their citizen who probably, in a considerable number as and more than anywhere else, for quite understandable reasons, may prefer to listen to their "backyard" stories and legends as far as they can.
As a matter of fact US is often enough not in line with the majority of other countries (not differently from what some other big actor occasionally do) on big issues such as the International Court, the Climate Conferences and counter measures, the law and jurisdiction respect, the UN death punishment moratory and all countries, not excluding at all mine, don't mind of tragedies in so many unimportant areas often close to us.
Since my youth I'm used to see US as a dream place one of the lighthouse for freedom, democracy and human rights and I'm very disappointed when I see Your government fight people like Assange or Snowden You once would have made a movie on to show an individual fighting "the system" for his fundamental beliefs (and You would have used it as an oppoerunity to improve Your confodential info treatment) or spy on allies (I'm not that candid) and then not have a serious explanation and correction for readjusting relationships.
The privacy issue is another big one for US citizens too and Your government has little right on them to violate it and even less anywhere else in the friendly countries.
I'm not pointing a finger therefore against anyone specifically, just on some mechanism, since I wish to contribute to a change of attitude on too many problems which seem to be leading us all to disaster, in quite a shorter than expected time I'm afraid ...

D Akey
11-15-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm not thrilled with the way things have been going in this country either. . . nor in the rest of the world for that matter. The world's going into a period of expansion and contraction in different ways and places and that usually spells change if not trouble. Hopefully everyone will be able to embrace what is real and healthy and not fall prey to the endless illusions that have been created. There's a huge amount of frustration and they have to get the system working better if they expect it to have what has been built endure. Let's hope things get righted. Greed is a really insidious disease.

Quite true, dear D Akey, and in Italy neither we enjoy enough real worldwide information either because they prefer to keep us informed only to keep us silly and stupid (some sloppy propaganda and a few lies) , but, apart for our business interest, we apparently have so scarce at government level, we're in the middle of an area having Europe and Eastern Europe and Russia all around as well as Middle East, and North Africa, so we end up knowing quite a lot. As a matter of fact we knew and possibly know more about Lybia or Lebanon or eritrea, Somalia etc. or, to some extent Syria than other do, even with much more resources and technologies just because our services, or military forces or oil company etc. excel with what is called humint, also because of an empathetic attidude and capability to really get into and familiar with different people. And still countries like France and US in Lybia (or UK in Iraq) make big mistakes and mess on big lies or bad information and almost did in Syria too.
US (still the world nr. 1 and a leading country, no doubt) does try to keep, at political and business level, control on events all over the world, but I think it informs quite selectively and deceptively their citizen who probably, in a considerable number as and more than anywhere else, for quite understandable reasons, may prefer to listen to their "backyard" stories and legends as far as they can.
As a matter of fact US is often enough not in line with the majority of other countries (not differently from what some other big actor occasionally do) on big issues such as the International Court, the Climate Conferences and counter measures, the law and jurisdiction respect, the UN death punishment moratory and all countries, not excluding at all mine, don't mind of tragedies in so many unimportant areas often close to us.
Since my youth I'm used to see US as a dream place one of the lighthouse for freedom, democracy and human rights and I'm very disappointed when I see Your government fight people like Assange or Snowden You once would have made a movie on to show an individual fighting "the system" for his fundamental beliefs (and You would have used it as an oppoerunity to improve Your confodential info treatment) or spy on allies (I'm not that candid) and then not have a serious explanation and correction for readjusting relationships.
The privacy issue is another big one for US citizens too and Your government has little right on them to violate it and even less anywhere else in the friendly countries.
I'm not pointing a finger therefore against anyone specifically, just on some mechanism, since I wish to contribute to a change of attitude on too many problems which seem to be leading us all to disaster, in quite a shorter than expected time I'm afraid ...

Caesar
11-16-2013, 12:33 AM
I would subscribe, dear D Akey.
I hope You would forgive me if sometimes I feel the same combination of love and hate for US institutions that I feel for ours any time I perceive some deed as wrong or worse, stupid. Maybe it's because, beyond my deeply being Italian and European as a sentiment, I probably feel (unduly) a little bit an American citizen too because of the passion I have since ever for so many aspects of your attitude, culture, business and way of life. In both cases it's like feeling cheated by someone You like or love and I never succeeded, in such cases, to shut my mouth, even when it was the best choice for my interests.