PDA

View Full Version : Daenerys Targaryen

Martin Lomas
11-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Here is a work in prog from the TV series Game of Thrones:

stevemawmv
11-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Fantastic beginnings,
If I ever could achieve half of these skills, 'mine would be cropped, backgrounded and called done!, for fear of screwing it up!
Really looking forward following your process!
Steve
+Great Show!

Martin Lomas
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks Steve!

Mirithiar
11-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Holy crap, this is good. I like it very much and you do her justice (one of my fav characters!). I can't get that level of depth and detail in my attempts, well done. Face is well moulded, eyes great, hair soft. Aaaaa... Do a tutorial? Wish I could see more step by step creation :rolleyes:

Now I'm waiting for another one with her and a dragon ;)

stevemawmv
11-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Fantastic Job Martin!
I would like to see a Beginning, middle and end on one of your painting someday as well!
Again, great job!
Steve

Martin Lomas
11-07-2013, 05:43 AM
Thanks! Yeah She is a awesome character, one of my fav's also, I am looking forward to the new series.

I tend to have many, many..... Layers which I change opacity and then blend in using a mixture of the Soft and Blur Palette Knife. I kind of dab area's I need blending in also to mix the shades together.

What I tend to do is roughly slap all the eyedropped colours for the skin tone from the image I am copying and then try blend them in, then add layers ontop.

Here was one of the early layers I merged down:

I may open the picture up and add a body and dragons at a later date as She is great to paint.

Thanks for comments

stevemawmv
11-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Thanks, Martin...
I'm only using two layers at the moment, tried more, but kept tripping over them...I know 'name them and manage properly!
Probably why I get dark hard blended images....Will start adding afew layers, and see how my management skills are.
Again, this is great image!
Thanks for the tips, hope to see more,
Steve