PDA

View Full Version : Small autumn landscape

chinapete
11-03-2013, 08:30 AM
... in mixed media ... the base is water-soluble pencil on paper imported to the iPhone with a digital overlay applied ...

stevemawmv
11-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I throughly enjoyed visiting your Gallery, Admire your style of "spontaneous expression" something I'm incapable of doing or havn't explored, would like too!
Enjoyed them all,
Steve

justjean
11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Looks good , Pete. Autumn is a lovely time of year

chinapete
11-03-2013, 11:55 AM
hi steve m, the paintings in the gallery mostly are small format because it's hard to be spontaneous for very long, hehe ... when I'm able to write longer I want to say something about the dynamic tilt in your Waiting ...

hi jean, has the season peaked where you are? tomorrow we lengthen the day at one end and shorten it at the other ... this is in line with my painting calendar: winter is dark light, spring is light light, summer is long light, autumn is lost light ...

justjean
11-03-2013, 02:37 PM
hi jean, has the season peaked where you are? tomorrow we lengthen the day at one end and shorten it at the other ... this is in line with my painting calendar: winter is dark light, spring is light light, summer is long light, autumn is lost light ...

This is the end of my driveway about the 9th of Oct, now the leaves are all on the ground time change tomorrow at 2am
:D

chinapete
11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
wow, jean, no wonder you paint as you do :) ...

... more modestly, the garden at mid-October ... this is where I spend time watching the light turn, you may recognize some of the motifs in my paintings ... the mums are off to the right, out of the picture space ...

justjean
11-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Pete, how lovely . I can image sitting reading in that garden it looks so peaceful :)

eighty+
11-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Hi Pete now you've started chucking Grenades at me. yah. Boo. Missed. :eek::D. Jainkang
Yes I agree what U said about Jean. What it must be to see such colour at your door Fantastic
If I could paint I would like to paint it but I'm. Still an old Carpet Bagger. :D:D:D

chinapete
11-04-2013, 03:24 AM
hey A.T.P, are you still talking about the mums? :) ... I'm catching up with your recent drawings, they seem to be growing looser and larger as time goes by, what an appetite for life ... and art ...

D Akey
11-04-2013, 05:05 AM
If anybody failed to visualize Mr Pete's work in context on a wall, I can really easily see them printed or painted large 5-6 feet tall, in a series of vertical rectangular images, all the same size and framed with a very simple silver metal strip of a frame, in a very modern, Asian (in my mind Japanese design sensibilities more than Chinese) influenced room, with lots of blond wood and tall vertical non-paned glass windows, with a floor maybe even reminiscent of or actually mats -- all very muted earth toned hues in the room. And out the windows would be a garden having trees that would change with the seasons.

Context is very important. I think the pics would be brilliant -- borderline abstract, super simple, very evocative in a serene way. The compositions of the pictures would then become bold design elements in the room. And they would be inextricable from the experience of the room environment itself.

Go Mr Pete, Go (architectural).

D Akey
11-04-2013, 05:08 AM
As to the photos of your respective environs: WOW!!!! How can somebody not paint in places like those.

copespeak
11-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Simple and so elegant. Beautiful photos of the environs you two. Very inspiring! :cool:

chinapete
11-04-2013, 09:25 AM
... all very muted earth toned hues in the room ...

Hey, D Akey, I could live in a room like the one you describe ... :)

chinapete
11-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Simple and so elegant. Beautiful photos of the environs you two. Very inspiring! :cool:

Hi copespeak, the brilliant Australian critic Robert Hughes wrote a book on the history of art in America ... At one point, as he is finding reasons why American painting had to turn away from the European tradition, he focuses on landscapes real and painted: "...the landscapes Americans were discovering in their own immense spaces ... were new, and already being raised into myth by painters" ...

copespeak
11-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I used to love Robert Hughes with his wonderful voice, and he was so erudite and passionate.

He did some great docos. You've prompted me to look him up on You Tube and he is there. In my quieter moments I will have a bit of a revisit.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=robert+hughes+you+tube&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=Htt2Ur-vC5DOlAXCrYGIDw

eighty+
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Blimey Cap'n Mac. What with Pete chucking grenades at me. Now you've gone bonker's. Go to [email protected]

They do a nice line in Wallpaper's. Think it's time U cut out those moon River's;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

".........SLAINTE

D Akey
11-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Blimey Cap'n Mac. What with Pete chucking grenades at me. Now you've gone bonker's. Go to [email protected]

They do a nice line in Wallpaper's. Think it's time U cut out those moon River's;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

".........SLAINTE

What? Mr Pete would never. . . he's a fookin genteel lad, 'e's a right wholly macro artist.

Grenadine maybe, but no grenades. . . 'Es too busy disectin' piccies and floral arrangements and sooch like ta care aboot a the Brighton Beach Boosman. Besides, 'is throwin' arm is too weak ta even make it much past Cor de Alene, Idaho from 'is pitcher's mound in Washington State. So it's their problem.

Caesar
11-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I like very much Your most evocative textures and patterns. Welcome back!