PDA

View Full Version : A birthday card bavarian bear

Davisafel
11-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi!

i was longer member here and I was last here about 5 years ago?
This picture is a birthday card for my father in law. Sorry, the text is in german :o

Greeting Davisa

D Akey
11-01-2013, 07:49 PM
How quaint. Very cheery. I love the spirit of it. . . even though I don't know German. The picture says it all. :cool::):cool::):cool:

Davisafel
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Thank you D.Akey!

I love the cartoons. I had stopped to paint a few years because my graphic tablet was broken and I did'nt have much money for a new grafik tablet :-(. And I had no time too because I had a new job. Now I'm pregnant and I'm so happy because my boyfriend has buyed a new graphic tablet for me and finally I have to draw more time and fun. The artrage is so awesome and I love it ^^

stevemawmv
11-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Davisa,
Willkommen zurück, schön Geburtstagskarte und Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Ihrer bevorstehenden Neuzugang...

Well, I hope I didn't just order sushi and a coke, in German?
Very nice!
Look forward to more,
Steve

Davisafel
11-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Thank you D.Akey!

I love the cartoons. I had stopped to paint a few years because my graphic tablet was broken and I did'nt have much money for a new grafik tablet :-(. And I had no time too because I had a new job. Now I'm pregnant and I'm so happy because my boyfriend has buyed a new graphic tablet for me and finally I have to draw more time and fun. The artrage is so awesome and I love it ^^

stevemawmv
11-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Are you quite sure about your last reply?
I'm between your last Two, Identical ones...Twins, maybe?
Steve

coops
11-03-2013, 11:27 PM
This is such a jolly card and so well painted. Looking forward to seeing more from you now that you are up and running. Well done:)

D Akey
11-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Are you quite sure about your last reply?
I'm between the two twin replies...
Steve

I think your German needs work, Steve. I think you said (rough translation), "Welcome, and forget the sushi and coke -- instead please repeat to D Akey what you just said to him. He's been pretty distracted unwrapping Halloween candy."

Granted, my German is weak. But I think that's what you said. I thought your comment was funny. ;)

The most likely scenario is that she is doing what we often do -- going to a computer translator and copying and pasting. I think she grabbed the wrong translation. But, I enjoyed it a second time. Really hammered the message home.

stevemawmv
11-04-2013, 04:36 AM
I thought of that as well, thought of trying another language too!
Instead, did a edit on my reply, maybe alittle distraction is happening?

Caesar
11-04-2013, 09:22 PM
There's possibly some few German "familiar" orthographic variations, but I believe I could enjoy the card with what is left of my German language memory I unfortunately didn't take up to become really fluent and "thick" enough as vocabulary. I like very much both the figure and the "rhyming and rythmic" sound of the verses.