PDA

View Full Version : Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

stevemawmv
10-09-2014, 08:36 PM
This is part two....Just couldn't get the colors to match the hands.

D Akey
10-10-2014, 04:34 AM
And 1000 replies too! This one will be 1001. . . kind of like the Arabian Nights. Go man go!

Alexandra
10-11-2014, 03:31 AM
Awowah!:cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
10-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Hi Steve, so nice to see so many new great additions and process snaps. I really like the pianist's hands as I love piano music a lot :)Hello Pai...So good to hear from you, hope all's well? I am happy you had some energy and some good days to experiment with the psychedelic paintings, very trippy and enjoyable.
Wishing you well,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-13-2014, 02:54 PM
And 1000 replies too! This one will be 1001. . . kind of like the Arabian Nights. Go man go!Thanks DA....I'm thinking you probably left a quarter of them yourself friend! So if you got another quarter on ya'...I'll throw another hundred up for ya!
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Awowah!:cool::cool::cool:Hi Sandy...Don't know what it means..but thanks!

D Akey
10-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Hi Sandy...Don't know what it means..but thanks!

I think it's onomatopoeia. From the ancient Sumerian Kowabungawowa meaning "Surf's up, Gilgamesh!"

. . . all this Rachael Replicant Replication -- the three 'R's they never taught in school, but you wish they had. Yeowza. . . Get your copy today. I think Ridley Scott really missed the boat on cashing in on the collateral movie stuff like Lucas. I mean what could be more natural than Electric Sheep action figures. . . not to mention a Priss or Rachael. Awowza!

Caesar
10-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Score! Goal! You have a style which is both absolutely credible, from a realistic standpoint, and very personal as well, like Vettriano, should I give an idea. As for Sandra's expression I guess that's some sort of native American slang to exult and dance in front of the kaleidoscopic views of Your last artpieces.

Enug
10-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi Steve, lovely stuff as always.

Wanted to say 'thanks' for you blending preset - I use it quite often and extensively in the mother and foal painting I did recently.:cool:

gxhpainter2
10-15-2014, 04:11 AM
very interesting works and the comments from everyone are a trip for sure... always fun to get comments huh?.... :cool::cool::cool::):)

stevemawmv
10-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Hello D Akey....

. . . all this Rachael Replicant Replication -- the three 'R's they never taught in school, but you wish they had. Yeowza. . . Get your copy today. I think Ridley Scott really missed the boat on cashing in on the collateral movie stuff like Lucas. I mean what could be more natural than Electric Sheep action figures. . . not to mention a Priss or Rachael. Awowza!Well, I' am making the most of it.....As for Pris Stratton, I really think it's her time...I mean a painting, not her life span! Yeah yeah...I even know her last name....Wouldn't be much of a 'Fan' if I didn't..now would I.
Take care friend,
Steve

copespeak
10-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Really lovely work Steve!

D Akey
10-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Pris Stratton. I had to do a little digging. I hadn't recalled the movie ever mentioning her last name, and it wasn't. Her last name is mentioned when she's introduced in Philip K Dick's "Do Androids. . ." It predates the movie. I had been beginning to wonder if her character had been "fleshed out" in fan fiction. The male Replicants got last names in the movie though. Well thanks for that detail.

There's expected deviations from the book to the script, of course, but surprisingly big changes from the shooting script to what actually was on the screen. Must have been quite a dynamic project. Interesting side note, in the script when they're listing the replicants that were flashed on the screen in Bryant's office, the script mentions a Mary. But the name doesn't appear anywhere else. Because later the script picks up with Roy Batty. I'm wondering if that was a type-o in the actual script or a goof in transcribing it for the internet.

Very fun. You've done a man's job.

stevemawmv
10-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Score! Goal! You have a style which is both absolutely credible, from a realistic standpoint, and very personal as well, like Vettriano, should I give an idea. As for Sandra's expression I guess that's some sort of native American slang to exult and dance in front of the kaleidoscopic views of Your last artpieces.Thank you Caesar....Love hearing that! Just checked out Vettriano....I like his work!
Hi Steve, lovely stuff as always. Wanted to say 'thanks' for you blending preset - I use it quite often and extensively in the mother and foal painting I did recently.:cool:Hi June.....Thanks alot, I really appreaciate it.... Glad you have found the blends useful!
very interesting works and the comments from everyone are a trip for sure... always fun to get comments huh?.... :cool::cool::cool::):)Hey Gary...Yeah, one idea two paintings...kinda worked I think. thanks friend, good hearing from ya'....

MJSparks
10-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Lovely work. Definitely master quality here.

Alexandra
10-17-2014, 03:28 AM
Gorgeous work, Steve!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
10-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Really lovely work Steve!Thank you dear friend....hoping your well...
Best wishes,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Pris Stratton. I had to do a little digging. I hadn't recalled the movie ever mentioning her last name, and it wasn't. Her last name is mentioned when she's introduced in Philip K Dick's "Do Androids. . Hello D Akey...
Rachael Rosen, Pris Stratton, Irmgard Baty and the mysterious Mary...Your right!, not even a mention of female last names in the film, but then again not many personal introductions were being made... and omissions of some characters all together, I guess in keeping it flowing and not wanting to confuse the audience too much cuts and script changes had to be made...Actually went back and read the actual book last week, which I hadn't ever done since the movie release...very interesting comparing them....So thanks DA for stirring my interest as well! Oh!...Mary may have been the one that got away....But 'Hodge' got fried going through the security field...Maybe, who knows? And leaving Mary out there was just another loose end to deal with....already had one......Huh, maybe two got away....but three, no way!
Take care,
Steve

sabena
10-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Great work fantastic

stevemawmv
10-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Lovely work. Definitely master quality here.Hi Magen....Thank you very much and thanks for visiting!
Take care...
Gorgeous work, Steve!:cool::cool::cool::cool:Thanks Sandy....Very happy you like these, I've got another two more to complete...
Take care....

stevemawmv
10-19-2014, 06:32 AM
Great work fantasticHello Sabena....Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a kind comment!

And 'Thanks' go out to everyone who has viewed these pages....
Now....this first set is complete, so on to the next set.
For those who are interested in set one go back to the previous pages...
Set Two....Image one...There will be more so check back if you want to see the new ones...

Enug
10-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Hi Steve, I have enjoyed these - wondering what you have in store for us with the next set.:)

stevemawmv
10-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi Steve, I have enjoyed these - wondering what you have in store for us with the next set.:)Hello June....Glad you enjoyed the first set, here's the start of the second set. Two strangers, a piano and memories...Sitting alone at first...Check back there be about four more of this set!
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
10-20-2014, 01:25 AM
Canvas Noir. Love it. Has the look of an old classical painting.

stevemawmv
10-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Canvas Noir. Love it. Has the look of an old classical painting.Hello DA...I was going for the IIL style of painting..'Incredibly inadequate lighting' effect for this next set.
I think it may have worked.....I tried this a few paintings back and liked the effect then as well!
Thanks friend.....

gxhpainter2
10-20-2014, 08:13 AM
OOOOHHHHHH!... love the mystery, her concentration and contemplative look, I like the thinner application of paint and more canvas texture... does have the old masters quality. quite a bit different than some previous work that showed lots of fine brush marks... I like them both... but these last couple have a deeper quality I find very moving... well done my friend...:):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:: cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
10-20-2014, 07:33 PM
OOOOHHHHHH!... love the mystery, her concentration and contemplative look, I like the thinner application of paint and more canvas texture... does have the old masters quality. quite a bit different than some previous work that showed lots of fine brush marks... I like them both... but these last couple have a deeper quality I find very moving... well done my friend...Thanks Gary....Wanted this one to be dark, my usual brush stokes just didn't work on this one....And I' am now adding more to this painting, trying to match the colors and lighting....which I'll post later.
Take care friend.....

stevemawmv
10-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Sometimes I may skip a note or two, 'not talking about playing the piano here'...even though that's my current theme...So, sorry if I've offended anyone...

Alexandra
10-21-2014, 08:25 AM
There is so much meaning with Rachel and this movie, and you've captured her emotion here, Steve.
Wonderful work dear man. I also wanted to send a hug as well and well wishes.
I am sorry you are going through so much. Please keep us all posted when you can.

Caesar
10-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Dear Steve, Your memories never fail! I love the style, the mood ... and the protagonist as well, of course! I like to listen to the music Your brush plays.

stevemawmv
10-22-2014, 10:31 AM
There is so much meaning with Rachel and this movie, and you've captured her emotion here, Steve.
Wonderful work dear man.Thank you dear Sandy...does appear that she and BR has become quite the hobby with me....I know you understand and I appreciate it....Thank you as well for the hug and well wishes!
Take care friend....

eighty+
10-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes Steve I like it I Might Give it a go but think its to high Tec for this Old Codger but will have a go as the

Pratice we help Me ok CIAO KIA ORA POZDRAWSKI

stevemawmv
10-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Dear Steve, Your memories never fail! I love the style, the mood ... and the protagonist as well, of course! I like to listen to the music Your brush plays.Thank you Caesar....Very nice reply! And you know me, I want to get a story in the painting if I can......
Thank you again dear friend,
Steve

There is a sneak peek in this one....

Caesar
10-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Thank you Caesar....Very nice reply! And you know me, I want to get a story in the painting if I can......
Thank you again dear friend,
Steve

There is a sneak peek in this one....

Right, dear Steve. Me too, but I end up only with silly ones! :o Maybe a darker background would help me to be less a comedian and more a serious artist, but it takes a great capability and art to deal with a style like Yours, so I take only colorful side dishes to the AR Forum artmeal.:p:D

Enug
10-23-2014, 01:09 AM
I spotted it Steve! Will have to wait for more until I get back from my little hol.:)

coops
10-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Wonderful work Steve a joy to look at:)

YoannLori
10-23-2014, 04:41 AM
Great work once again ! Makes me want to watch Blade Runner again ... I have to buy this BluRay ! :)

stevemawmv
10-23-2014, 09:16 AM
Yes Steve I like it I Might Give it a go but think its to high Tec for this Old Codger but will have a go as the Pratice we help Me ok CIAO KIA ORA POZDRAWSKIGo for it...dear friend, you've got a good start already! Wish I gave you a little more light on it.....But that's what makes it kinda cool! Have fun with it....
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Right, dear Steve. Me too, but I end up only with silly ones! :o Maybe a darker background would help me to be less a comedian and more a serious artist, but it takes a great capability and art to deal with a style like Yours, so I take only colorful side dishes to the AR Forum artmeal.:p:DCaesar.....I throughly enjoy the humorous ones, makes my day friend! Never stop doing them, they are priceless this forum wouldn't be the same without them! As for dark/darker backgrounds...I like dark paintings, plus if I have nothing to put in them...I just paint them black, never like crowded backgrounds anyway....
So keep them coming....and take care friend!

stevemawmv
10-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Missed me by that much.....

stevemawmv
10-25-2014, 09:50 AM
I spotted it Steve! Will have to wait for more until I get back from my little hol.:)
Hello June....I knew you would see it.... Enjoy your holiday!
Wonderful work Steve a joy to look at:)Hello Katie...So could to hear from you..... Thank you ever so much!

stevemawmv
10-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Lovely work. Definitely master quality here.
Thanks MJ....Really appreciate it, thanks for visiting....

stevemawmv
10-26-2014, 06:00 AM
Great work once again ! Makes me want to watch Blade Runner again ... I have to buy this BluRay ! :)Hello Yoann...Thanks for compliment and visiting....and yes watch it again!
Take care.....
Yeah, I know...longest piano piece ever!

AndreaMG
10-26-2014, 06:07 AM
Ok, I've watched this film hundred times but whenever I look at your thread I feel the urge to watch it again and again and again :) it's a classic movie and your portraiture skills certainly makes it justice.

D Akey
10-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi Steve,

Yeah, but what do the Electric Sheep dream of? Does anybody ever ask about them? Do artists ever consider that they're Replicants too, ya know. . . even if they're not Nexus 6.

Have you ever gotten into Philip Glass' music, where he really exploits and repeats iterative notes and passages. It's conceptual.
Naqoyqatsi is one of the movies, where his music is fast, but he did some slower pieces as well.

http://www.koyaanisqatsi.com/films/naqoyqatsi.php

Sounds like the film sorta gets into the swing of the Replication concept, and becoming a paradigm unto itself. And the repetitive nature is both the form and the message. The following is just flat out cool. Not trying to compare it with your paintings. It's all about the idea and the world that might be likely to spawn such things. Enjoy the ride. I particularly like the bit starting at around 30:10 and going on from there for a spell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVD67pMdv9k

I mean this is a far cry from Andrew Loomis, but conceptually it is a form that can be connected to Philip K Dick's ideas, cyber punk and variations thereof. . . not to mention screensavers. The danger lies in it getting like eating too much candy, and it's a little mind numbing. But it's cool. I used to putter with fractals and had some fascinating evenings late at night in the early 90s in front of my computer creating some incredible designs effortlessly, waiting and waiting for the renderings to finish and then zooming in and zooming in to seeming worlds within worlds.

sabena
10-26-2014, 12:11 PM
wow Fantastic painting

stevemawmv
10-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi Steve, Yeah, but what do the Electric Sheep dream of? Does anybody ever ask about them? Do artists ever consider that they're Replicants too, ya know. . . even if they're not Nexus 6
Hello DA,
Never thought about that...I guess sleep isn't in their programming, merely algorithms keeping Them happily grazing upon synthetic pastures, chomping away in their "simulated contentment"...
Philip Glass, been awhile...remembering some very trippy music though, some of his work makes me think of and imagine what 'Machines building machines' would sound like...or the processes of the birth of worlds and life on those worlds slowly evolving over time.....reoccurring dreams of unknown entities surrounding you, multiplying and getting larger as they do, larger and larger, more and more entities suffocating you until you are forced to consciousness by the triggering of primordial instincts watching over you and protecting you...I don't know, maybe it was just the sheep?
Speaking of trippy....thanks for the 'Electric Sheep' link, saved it and will add my own music to it....like 'Simon Says'.

Like dreams, you try to remember them by writing them done or painting them....unless they're recurring.

stevemawmv
10-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Ok, I've watched this film hundred times but whenever I look at your thread I feel the urge to watch it again and again and again :) it's a classic movie and your portraiture skills certainly makes it justice.Andrea dear friend....how's your painting doing, looking forward to seeing what you've been up to....Yeah, I'll watch it on a lazy rainy day or at least once a year...
Take care friend,
Steve

AndreaMG
10-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Andrea dear friend....how's your painting doing, looking forward to seeing what you've been up to....Yeah, I'll watch it on a lazy rainy day or at least once a year...
Take care friend,
Steve
Well I went to ER after falling from the longboard (nothing broken thanks to God), I tried some pastels but in order to achieve some level of details you have to go really big, they are not sharp as painting is and they are very messy (I had dust and powder even in my ears :p) so it was a big no-no. Maybe I will try the acrylics in the future but right now I'm a little tired and I will go back to artrage as soon as my wrist get better. Hope you will sort out your health issues soon. This time I'm sure everything will go as it is supposed to. Take care friend. Say hello to Rachael

copespeak
10-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Very beautiful close up Steve. The detail is amazing. :)

stevemawmv
10-27-2014, 06:14 PM
wow Fantastic paintingThanks Sabena....Much appreciated!

Well I went to ER after falling from the longboard (nothing broken thanks to God), I tried some pastels but in order to achieve some level of details you have to go really big, they are not sharp as painting is and they are very messy (I had dust and powder even in my ears :p) so it was a big no-no. Maybe I will try the acrylics in the future but right now I'm a little tired and I will go back to artrage as soon as my wrist get better. Hope you will sort out your health issues soon. This time I'm sure everything will go as it is supposed to. Take care friend. Say hello to Rachael
Andrea,
Sorry to hear about your injury, and hoping your wrist heals quickly friend! Sorry about the pastels! I remember those in school, messy...yes! I can imagine you looking like you just participated in the 'Holi Festival of Colours in India', well that image may be a bit extreme, but I know what you mean. Well heal up friend and start pushing that stylus around again! As for me, thanks for the concern...I think they're going back to look for that missing scalpel! Hehehe....
Take care,
Steve

Back to some dark paintings....May lighten it some!

stevemawmv
10-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Very beautiful close up Steve. The detail is amazing. :)I screwed up Robyn, posted a new one before I replied back to you....Anyway this is a new one...back to dark moody stuff again. Well, they're all looking moody these days!
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
10-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Darkness became less obscure and more subtly colored in Your evolving style, from warmer murkiness to colder bluish dim lights .... from Caravaggio to Guercino .... You don't miss a hit and all Your paintings raise my enthusiastic admiration, including the muses You select to tell us Your stories.;)

stevemawmv
10-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Darkness became less obscure and more subtly colored in Your evolving style, from warmer murkiness to colder bluish dim lights .... from Caravaggio to Guercino .... You don't miss a hit and all Your paintings raise my enthusiastic admiration, including the muses You select to tell us Your stories.;)Thanks Caesar.....These dark ones are getting harder to do and very time consuming, plus It's time for an eye exam again...getting a little blurry....And the more I look at this one the more ' to do's ' I find....
Take care friend,
Steve

gxhpainter2
10-28-2014, 09:27 AM
fine work here Steve, there are such subtle variations in the darks. and the modeling of the face in light is stunning.... wish I had your patience for details... I have always been very quick while painting, maybe because I learned most at first from painting watercolors, and only later moved into oils and acrylics. Sounds like AndreaMG took a spill! and is not have fun with pastels.. they can be amazing but they are such a mess to deal with... I preferred egg tempera and gouaches..hope this time they get everything fixed they need to for you!.... can't been much fun going through multiple surgeries. take care looking forward to your "light" phase which I sense is approaching..

AndreaMG
10-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Thank you Dear Steve, love the candle light effect, she appears even more beautiful if it's possible :cool: Ciao and best wishes

stevemawmv
10-28-2014, 07:44 PM
fine work here Steve, there are such subtle variations in the darks. and the modeling of the face in light is stunning.... wish I had your patience for details... I have always been very quick while painting, maybe because I learned most at first from painting watercolors, and only later moved into oils and acrylics. Hope this time they get everything fixed they need to for you!.... can't been much fun going through multiple surgeries. take care looking forward to your "light" phase which I sense is approaching..Hi Gary.....I love doing them but I' am beginning to loose my patience on these never-ending, always tweaking, finding things should have done differently, and probably will, long drawn out paintings! And Gary...I thoroughly enjoy seeing your 'Patiently Quick' paintings....Thanks for the concern, really hoping this is the last surgery for me, I' am starting to look like a 'Tic Tac Toe' board game, at least they didn't leave initials and numbers...looking like a Ouija board would be freaky!
Thanks friend,
Steve

D Akey
10-28-2014, 11:07 PM
She LIVES I TELL YA!!!!!!! Very cool. Of course the lighting it fantastic. Mood good. I find myself mentally comparing it to the movie. . . which is a natural thing, but because it's so nicely done I like looking at it as having its own story, maybe a reality show in which you and Rachael are "living"(?) under the same roof in a slice of life sort of thing. . . And the cool part is YOU get to program her in paint, and it would play out most convincingly.

New soundtrack, same composer different girl, which I hope you will be okay with. Not sure about your level of monogamy when it comes to Replicants -- But I think you might be able to relate to the compositions based on your past cropped paintings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4ApIOEdZGI

Very nice job, Steve. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool:

Enug
10-29-2014, 02:33 AM
More lovely paintings - the lighting on the face/s is so good. Dear Steve - it appears from reading the posts that your health is not too good - sorry to hear that - hope all is resolved soon.

D Akey
10-29-2014, 08:54 AM
More lovely paintings - the lighting on the face/s is so good. Dear Steve - it appears from reading the posts that your health is not too good - sorry to hear that - hope all is resolved soon.

@ Steve: I was reluctant to bring it up because it sounded like a process. Yes, how are you doing health-wise? I certainly hope you're managing whatever is going on. Sending prayers and/or good thoughts your way.

For what it's worth, your paintings are getting quite good. Be well, my friend.

stevemawmv
10-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Thank you Dear Steve, love the candle light effect, she appears even more beautiful if it's possible :cool: Ciao and best wishesThank you Andrea.... Yeah, looks like candle light....hard to belief the lighting is so bad over
at the Tyrell Corporation, no more painting in the reception hall for me....Thanks friend!

stevemawmv
10-29-2014, 02:38 PM
She LIVES I TELL YA!!!!!!! Very cool. Of course the lighting it fantastic. Mood good. I find myself mentally comparing it to the movie. . . which is a natural thing, but because it's so nicely done I like looking at it as having its own story, maybe a reality show in which you and Rachael are "living"(?) under the same roof in a slice of life sort of thing. . . And the cool part is YOU get to program her in paint, and it would play out most convincingly. New soundtrack, same composer different girl, which I hope you will be okay with. Not sure about your level of monogamy when it comes to Replicants -- But I think you might be able to relate to the compositions based on your past cropped paintings. Very nice job,Steve. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool:Hi D Akey...Jordan Cronenweth was brilliant lighting his shots but trying to pull color out of a single frame to paint this was, let me just say it was challenging....I still see things I could have done differently. Rachael , a roommate...every time I start a painting... her character shows up and nine times out of ten she wins out, might as well be living under the same roof anyway! Well that sounded kind of creepy, didn't mean to sound like a 'Fanboy', but I guess its fitting...I'am such a nerd!
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
10-29-2014, 03:58 PM
What would be creepy is if you're taking to darkening the room, smoking, dressing in a black skirted business suit with hella sharp shoulder pads and playing the piano. . . at the Bates Motel. That would be creepy. . . and yet. . . 'Tis the season to not be normal, fa la la la la. . .

Listen, I think artists would be thrilled to have a muse of any generation of Nexus. But a Nexus 6+. . . come on Leonardo. You're in the Renaissance Zone. Go Man Go! :):):):):)

stevemawmv
10-29-2014, 04:40 PM
More lovely paintings - the lighting on the face/s is so good. Dear Steve - it appears from reading the posts that your health is not too good - sorry to hear that - hope all is resolved soon.Hi June....I see that your back and sounds like you two had a great time....Thanks for sharing the photo, you two are a good looking couple.....and I can't believe its your 50th.....you sure it wasn't a mix up with the numbers?
Thanks for showing your concern, I'll be alright....
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Hello D Akey.....
Round two on attemping to repair one of three abdominal aortic aneurysms, not looking forward to it...but I'll be ok!
Thank you friend for your concern and best wishes...

What would be creepy is if you're taking to darkening the room, smoking, dressing in a black skirted business suit with hella sharp shoulder pads and playing the piano. . . at the Bates Motel. That would be creepy. . . and yet. . . 'Tis the season to not be normal, fa la la la la. . .Listen, I think artists would be thrilled to have a muse of any generation of Nexus. But a Nexus 6+. . . come on Leonardo. You're in the Renaissance Zone. Go Man Go! :):):):):)True true....just call me Norman in the mournin'....these shoulder pads are starting to chafe! Ok, now this image is getting even more creepier......Well, halloween is afew days away!
Take care friend and thanks again....

coops
10-30-2014, 03:40 AM
Wonderful lighting Steve, great work:)

D Akey
10-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Round two on attemping to repair one of three abdominal aortic aneurysms, not looking forward to it...but I'll be ok!

Good on ye lad, having it tended to. Get it fixed up and you're in business.

Bertrude
10-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Beautiful painting once again Steve and lovely lighting.

And all the best with your health related issues. Maybe it will stop you stalking Sean Young for a while ;)

stevemawmv
10-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Wonderful lighting Steve, great work:)Thanks Katie...see your playing with the light as well!
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Good on ye lad, having it tended to. Get it fixed up and you're in business.Thanks D Akey....Next Wednesday!

waheednasir
10-31-2014, 06:53 AM
Hi Steve, thats a cool thread to follow..:). All are good, but some are a real treat to watch, striking pieces...:).

stevemawmv
10-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Beautiful painting once again Steve and lovely lighting. And all the best with your health related issues. Maybe it will stop you stalking Sean Young for a while ;)Hello Bertrude....Thank you kindly for the reply and your best wishes.....Fortunately for her and me I' am just interested in the one character she portrayed in the one movie only....
Take care....
Hi Steve, thats a cool thread to follow..:). All are good, but some are a real treat to watch, striking pieces...:).Thank you Waheed for your kind comments...They are very much appreciated and I am happy you visited the thread.
Take care.....

stevemawmv
10-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Four simple ones....

D Akey
10-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Are you an assassin? Well looks like you went deep and hooked a marlin. Great stuff. But why the blood splatter above the lip? Has he been fighting again? Did Rachael kick his butt? Nice paintings. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
11-01-2014, 04:52 AM
Are you an assassin? Well looks like you went deep and hooked a marlin. Great stuff. But why the blood splatter above the lip? Has he been fighting again? Did Rachael kick his butt? Nice paintings. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:Good one D Akey....M.B. it is, he's just caught up in the moment of his portrayal.... Just stage blood, like paint on a mask.
Thanks friend,
Steve

gxhpainter2
11-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Steve, really four "simple" ones, you forget just how talented you are :cool::):) and your ability with the human face to portray emotion and render it so convincingly is not a common ability, nor it is simple... so now that I have reminded you of that, :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool: these are very cool, very expressive.. good Halloween material for sure. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):)

Enug
11-01-2014, 06:38 PM
As already said - you excel at painting faces. I love how you depict the light falling on the faces and enjoy seeing the brushstrokes and how you mixed colour. Good stuff!

Caesar
11-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Definitely you found your own style and you're impressively good with the subjects you paint, master Steve. My warmest congrats!

vandra
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I can only say that I agree with everything that's already been said. Your work is amazing!

stevemawmv
11-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Steve, really four "simple" ones, you forget just how talented you are :cool::):) and your ability with the human face to portray emotion and render it so convincingly is not a common ability, nor it is simple... so now that I have reminded you of that, :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool: these are very cool, very expressive.. good Halloween material for sure. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):)Thank you Gary....This was my way of putting a little fright out there for Halloween.
As already said - you excel at painting faces. I love how you depict the light falling on the faces and enjoy seeing the brushstrokes and how you mixed colour. Good stuff!Hi June....Thank you very much, dark, light and shadows...love playing with them.

stevemawmv
11-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Definitely you found your own style and you're impressively good with the subjects you paint, master Steve. My warmest congrats!Thank you Caesar for your kind words.....Hope you don't mind but there's an image that is upset that she wasn't included with the other mask.......Totally forgot about what could be perceived as my halloween witch....Maybe D Akey was right?

gxhpainter2
11-03-2014, 09:06 AM
LOL... or maybe a chuckle and a big smile, Steve . You certainly transformed her into a menacing creature...:cool::cool::cool::):):)

copespeak
11-03-2014, 09:11 AM
She's a bit glassy-eyed, but one of your lovelys nevertheless. I'm sure the boys around here would rather meet her than one of the green warty ladies floating on the forum this last week. :) :)

Now, the others? Yep, scary!!!

Marlon Brando in the mix??

D Akey
11-03-2014, 09:29 AM
She's a bit glassy-eyed, but one of your lovelys nevertheless. I'm sure the boys around here would rather meet her than one of the green warty ladies floating on the forum this last week. :) :)

Now is that any way to talk about other artists. The green eyed monster, complete with warts, rears its ugly head. Better lay off the absinthe, Ms Speak. ;);):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And, well, yeah. . . but let's pretend to be tactful, shall we? :p

copespeak
11-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Huh? No offense intended.....

D Akey
11-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Huh? No offense intended.....

No, being silly, playing innocent, making it sound like you were actually talking about the other members, not their painted characters. Double meaning twisted the wrong direction for the fun of how far it was from what you actually were saying. Of course you weren't being offensive. And therein was the intended surprise turn.

Sorry if the humorous intent wasn't clear. Works in real life with facial expressions and tones of voice and body noises and such. That's why I put in the laughy face. Thought that was the same as writing '(j/k)'. It often translates. Guess it didn't this time. :(:rolleyes::o <-----Meaning 'oops! missed. . .' :rolleyes:

Sorry Ms Copespeak. You've always been the model of the perfect supportive presence.

copespeak
11-03-2014, 03:04 PM
I was a smidgeon worried there, but couldn't see what I had said that was a problem.

Glad I'm still in the good books! :) :) :)

stevemawmv
11-03-2014, 03:19 PM
I understood both of your replies....No controversy here, I seem to be able to achieve that on my own without help from others..And wasn't the best week for looking for someone to ask out, thats for sure.....However Caesar had a bewitchingly good looking one in his Halloween thread...http://forums.artrage.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83880&d=1414429075 Hey...I' am just happy to get any replies, especially when I post my odd ones!

stevemawmv
11-03-2014, 03:22 PM
I can only say that I agree with everything that's already been said. Your work is amazing!Thank you very much Vandra...Very happy you visited and most appreciative of your kind comments.

D Akey
11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
I understood both of your replies....No controversy here, I seem to be able to achieve that on my own without help from others..And wasn't the best week for looking for someone to ask out, thats for sure.....However Caesar had a bewitchingly good looking one in his Halloween thread...http://forums.artrage.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83880&d=1414429075 Hey...I' am just happy to get any replies, especially when I post my odd ones!

Giants are a force to be reckoned with that's for sure. Very winning team. Congrats to the Giants and the folks of San Francisco, and yourself lad. The Royals should have spread their runs out over several games. They sure blew SF out of the water in that one 10-0 game. Gave Kansas City a rush no doubt.

So were you trying to ask someone out during the series? And not to a game related thing? Sounds like you're the Diogenes of the dating scene looking for the one soul in the Bay Area who was not watching the game. Just when Rachael would have been most useful too -- but with that one, you have to play your key punch cards right, and when you do, you'll have her eating peanuts and crackerjack right out of the palm of your hand . . .

D Akey
11-03-2014, 07:02 PM
I was a smidgeon worried there, but couldn't see what I had said that was a problem.

Glad I'm still in the good books! :) :) :)

Me too. I was worried as well that you'd be upset with me. :):):)

stevemawmv
11-03-2014, 08:07 PM
LOL... or maybe a chuckle and a big smile, Steve . You certainly transformed her into a menacing creature...:cool::cool::cool::):):)Hello Gary....I was looking at that painting and thinking she looked as if she would fit right in with the death masks....Kind of my own Maleficent...Thanks Gary!

She's a bit glassy-eyed, but one of your lovelys nevertheless. Now, the others? Yep, scary!!!Marlon Brando in the mix??
Hi Robyn....Just my little Halloween contribution with some of my tortured souls.....wanted it scary with a bit guess work required! Thanks friend.....

Caesar
11-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Your ghostly witch bewitched me with her mysterious beauty and spell, dear Steve. What a mastery You've set up in a quite short time!

AndreaMG
11-04-2014, 11:05 AM
.Totally forgot about what could be perceived as my halloween witch...

If she's a witch I witch, hem... I wish it could be Halloween everyday :o

stevemawmv
11-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Giants are a force to be reckoned with that's for sure. Very winning team. Congrats to the Giants and the folks of San Francisco, and yourself lad...Thanks D Akey.....Three World Series in the last five seasons, were proud of them!
Your ghostly witch bewitched me with her mysterious beauty and spell, dear Steve. What a mastery You've set up in a quite short time!Thank you dear Caesar....Let that spell linger with you a bit longer....I've got another bewitching lady on her way!
If she's a witch, hem... I wish it could be Halloween everyday :o Thanks Andrea....She fit in so nicely with the halloween mood I couldn't resist, just reminded me of Maleficent looking in the mirror....

waheednasir
11-05-2014, 06:52 AM
nice dramatic pieces u got there Steve !

D Akey
11-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Blessings and good thoughts to you for tomorrow, Steve! Please pop back as soon as you can. You're a big presence here and any time away, ie. your being AWOL, will diminish the fun and interest of the forums. Best take Rachael with you to keep you from getting too frisky with the nurses. Bet she'd look great in a nurse's uniform herself though the sharp shoulder pads risk cutting a patient when she's turning them. Hot-cha! Be well, my friend. Get healthy! :):):):):):):):):):)

stevemawmv
11-05-2014, 06:30 PM
nice dramatic pieces u got there Steve !Thanks Waheed.....Yeah, they are a bit out there! Just my darkside showing, will find something a little lighter and hopefully more attractive to paint when I get back...
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
11-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Blessings and good thoughts to you for tomorrow, Steve! Please pop back as soon as you can. You're a big presence here and any time away, ie. your being AWOL, will diminish the fun and interest of the forums. Best take Rachael with you to keep you from getting too frisky with the nurses. Bet she'd look great in a nurse's uniform herself though the sharp shoulder pads risk cutting a patient when she's turning them. Hot-cha! Be well, my friend. Get healthy! :):):):):):):):):):)Thanks Friend.....Certainly not looking forward to it, but I'll be OK and posting soon! Will try to take my ipad with me, so I'll have something to do, and hopefully the wifi is working!
Again, thank you so much for your words!
Take care friend......

Enug
11-05-2014, 07:19 PM
A prayer heading your way Steve. Hurry back!

stevemawmv
11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Blessings and good thoughts to you for tomorrow, Steve! Please pop back as soon as you can. You're a big presence here and any time away, ie. your being AWOL, will diminish the fun and interest of the forums. Best take Rachael with you to keep you from getting too frisky with the nurses. Bet she'd look great in a nurse's uniform herself though the sharp shoulder pads risk cutting a patient when she's turning them. Hot-cha! Be well, my friend. Get healthy! :):):):):):):):):):)Thanks Friend.....Certainly not looking forward to it, but I'll be OK and posting soon! Will try to take my ipad with me, so I'll have something to do, and hopefully the wifi is working!....Really hoping the same nurses are on staff as last time, they were the best!
'Rachael', she staying home to see if her memory serves her right!.....Maybe she'll have a new song to play on her piano when I get home?
Again, thank you so much for your words!
Take care friend......

A prayer heading your way Steve. Hurry back!Thank you June, your very kind and thoughtful, and I appreciate your prayer .....See you soon!
Take care friend.....

stevemawmv
11-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Didn't have any new ones finished, but wanted to post something this week while I' am gone....Sorry, I know you've seen these!
Promise I'll finish any started ones when I get back...

Caesar
11-05-2014, 09:47 PM
I didn't quite understand what You're going to do in a hospital(?), dear friend, and, apart from pinching nice nurses, :o for what kind of surgery (little one hopefully). Anyway my best wishes and prayers. See You soon back! In the meanwhile You wouldn't mind if I date the lady You painted more and more realistically and concretely than ever ;). The final front portrait shows an eye which is unbelievable in its perfect reproduction and I can also see reflections of what is in front of her (that sort of light hatching, a sticker?). I also woder which canva size You paint on to get such absolutely rich and precise details!:eek::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

kenmo
11-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Outstanding paintings.....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
11-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Fantastic work, Steve! Better and better and better all the time. I can see your forays into different aspects of painting showing up in different things being employed painting to painting. Very efficient way to hit a plateau and try stuff out from that higher place. And it works great. In this one I thing the hairline is working for you. The lighting and color and all that is really nice as well, considering the cinematic palette you were starting from. You seem to give it an extra kick of vitality. I also really like the focusing both blurry and sharp. Nice work!

I look forward to your next paintings both for enjoyment and to see where you go next with what you're exploring. :cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
11-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Thinking of you Steve. xx

gxhpainter2
11-06-2014, 10:24 AM
wow nice to see these all in a group, you really nailed so many details, like the moistness of the eyes and lips, hairline, composition... wonderful stuff, we will all be pulling for you this week and know your surgery will be most successful and you will be back among us soon..:):):):):):)

eighty+
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi Steve Sorry I'm behind the times ok wishing you all the brest while your in the opitel see yuh in a

few days time and I see you got your IPad with you so you'll be able to paint :eek::eek::eek:

and watch out for those Nurse's as you must rest ;) ;) ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO POZDRAWSKI

AndreaMG
11-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Best wishes for round two. Come back soon... more Rachaels still to be done ;)

Alexandra
11-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Beautiful work, Steve. I am so sorry to read to need to go back to the hospital again. You are in our thoughts, please come back to us soon.

D Akey
11-07-2014, 10:22 PM
So you can see we're all wanting to hear if you've met the girl of your dreams during a particularly clever sponge bath. Stories! Give us stories with a happy ending, if you please, my dear artisan. Hope you're well.

Caesar
11-08-2014, 04:34 AM
As all of us, dearest Steve, I really look forward for hearing joyful bells from You. I like very much dating Rachael in Your absence and on Your behalf, but I would prefer You were back soon ... also because my credit card is getting dry with all those dinners, gifts and entertainments :eek: ... May God bless You (and us) with Your prompt and healthy comeback! ;):)

stevemawmv
11-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Thank you ever so much Caesar, Ken, D Akey, Robyn, Gary, Eighty, Andrea and Sandy for thinking of me and expressing your well wishes and support.....
And I only hope you all let me get away again with posting these same paintings again....I promise I'll post a new one soon!
Take care all of you... and thank you again!

AndreaMG
11-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Welcome back! Always a pleasure to look at your paintings Dear Steve :cool:

D Akey
11-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Ain't nothin' to get approval about showing reruns. They do it on television all the time. I can't count the times I've seen BladeRunner (yes, I have that many fingers and toes, I just haven't a clue since it's been so long and I used to run it in the background when I was painting late at night and needed some interest for when my mind would drift off the painting).

Besides, these are good paintings and I look at it like the announcer saying: "When we last left our hero. . . (Little Nell was being tied to the railroad tracks or whatever. Just put that into existential psychobabble SF Noir and we're up to present time. . .)"

[and. . . ACTION!] Let the replication begin!

copespeak
11-10-2014, 11:32 AM
I hope you're feeling better Steve.

Enug
11-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Welcome back Steve - not rushing you but looking forward to seeing what you're gonna paint next.;)

stevemawmv
11-10-2014, 07:37 PM
So you can see we're all wanting to hear if you've met the girl of your dreams during a particularly clever sponge bath. Stories! Give us stories with a happy ending, if you please, my dear artisan. Hope you're well.Nothing to tell dear friend, kept me in ICU for three days...my nurses were Greg and Edgar...go figure! Anyway, the only happy ending was that they didn't keep seven days like last time.....Did have a dream that someone was in the room with me....Huh! Trying to remember that dream and who it was?
Thanks for checking on me....

Caesar
11-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Dear Steve, thanks God Your unique personality and artpieces are already back and we certainly are never tired of any revival or to admire Rachael and the atmospheres in her paintings. Now just take care and enjoy (I hope no painful consequences are left by this unpleasant vacation). Regards to Greg and Edgar, but they sound more like drag queens than ordinary nurses and I'm sure their presence would accelerate my recovery and departure from hospital too ....;):o

stevemawmv
11-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Welcome back! Always a pleasure to look at your paintings Dear Steve :cool:Thank you friend....Happy to be back and its always a pleasure to recieve a visit from you.
Ain't nothin' to get approval about showing reruns. They do it on television all the time. I can't count the times I've seen BladeRunner (yes, I have that many fingers and toes, I just haven't a clue since it's been so long and I used to run it in the background when I was painting late at night and needed some interest for when my mind would drift off the painting).Besides, these are good paintings and I look at it like the announcer saying: "When we last left our hero. . . (Little Nell was being tied to the railroad tracks or whatever. Just put that into existential psychobabble SF Noir and we're up to present time. . .)" [and. . . ACTION!] Let the replication begin!Thank you dear friend...

I hope you're feeling better Steve.Thank you dear Robyn....More importantly, how are you feeling...haven't asked for awhile, best wishes good friend.
Welcome back Steve - not rushing you but looking forward to seeing what you're gonna paint next.;)Thanks June...Yeah, these may be getting a bit stale....give me a day or two till I can sit up....

stevemawmv
11-11-2014, 07:54 PM
So you can see we're all wanting to hear if you've met the girl of your dreams during a particularly clever sponge bath. Stories! Give us stories with a happy ending, if you please, my dear artisan. Hope you're well.

Nothing to tell dear friend, kept me in ICU for three days...my nurses were Greg and Edgar...go figure! Anyway, the only happy ending was that they didn't keep me seven days like last time.....Did have a dream that someone was in the room with me....Huh! Trying to remember that dream and who it was?
Thanks for checking on me....
Dear Steve, thanks God Your unique personality and artpieces are already back and we certainly are never tired of any revival or to admire Rachael and the atmospheres in her paintings. Now just take care and enjoy (I hope no painful consequences are left by this unpleasant vacation). Regards to Greg and Edgar, but they sound more like drag queens than ordinary nurses and I'm sure their presence would accelerate my recovery and departure from hospital too ....;):oVery nice of you dear Caesar, I really appreciate your words...Hopefully I won't be going back anytime soon, not pleasant at all! I'm happy Rachael didn't bore to many people while I was away....she only knows that one song to play on the piano....she can't remember the rest!...As for my nurses this time...wasn't so lucky like last time friend......But they did do a great job though!
Dark Illusion...Or maybe Wishful thinking....

Caesar
11-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Megan Fox, isn't she? What a couple of masterpieces to celebrate Your comeback home, dear friend!:eek::cool: I'm always in awe and deep admiration in front of such glamorous portraits of Yours!

stevemawmv
11-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Megan Fox, isn't she? What a couple of masterpieces to celebrate Your comeback home, dear friend!Yes she is!....Started her sometime ago, wasn't much to finish so after being a bit disappointed in the nurses (Greg and Edgar) I had this time...thought I'd treat myself with some wishful thinking...Or should I say wishful dreaming!
Take care friend,
Steve

Bertrude
11-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Yet another awesome portrait. Nice work Steve.

I hope your recovery is a speedy one.

AndreaMG
11-12-2014, 10:07 AM
She's stunning Dear Steve, red lips and killer eyes...I'm sold :cool::cool: Take care ;)

Uncle Goose
11-12-2014, 04:27 PM
The eyes followed me around my room. Scary good job!

stevemawmv
11-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Piecing it together, just another way of remembering the image....

copespeak
11-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Absolutely brilliant Steve! You've certainly come back refreshed and ready to go! :)

Caesar
11-12-2014, 10:53 PM
I like this actress features so much, notwithstanding some little plastic surgery, that I'm ready to collect any bit and pieces of her You so masterfully paint and propose, dear Steve, even other parts beyond the portrait domain ....;):o

kenmo
11-13-2014, 02:13 AM
Exquisite images Steve...truly amazing....:cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
11-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Yet another awesome portrait. Nice work Steve.I hope your recovery is a speedy one.Thank you very much....this recovery should be a breeze....not like the first one that I'am still getting over....
She's stunning Dear Steve, red lips and killer eyes...I'm sold :cool::cool: Take care ;)Thanks Andrea...."red lips and killer eyes", sounds like a song and it's definitely has worked for her..to me, she's beautifully intriguing...

stevemawmv
11-13-2014, 04:33 PM
The eyes followed me around my room. Scary good job!Thanks Goose...Stop moving around the room....she may come over and ask you how your day was?
Absolutely brilliant Steve! You've certainly come back refreshed and ready to go! :)Thank you dear friend....Feeling better then the first one...that's for sure, but taking it slowly! Thanks again Robyn...
I like this actress features so much...Me too friend, mysteriously captivating in every sense of the term....Thank you Caesar.
Exquisite images Steve...truly amazing....:cool::cool::cool:Thanks Ken, her eyes made me do this one.....

stevemawmv
11-13-2014, 04:41 PM
D Akey...... Wondering what your up to???? Haven't heard or seen you in here for a few days...Hope your well? Sending this one out to look in every room and around every corner....maybe she will find you friend!

Alexandra
11-14-2014, 03:43 AM
Dear Steve, I wanted to pop back in and post on your wonderful additions.
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

vvioletx
11-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Didn't have any new ones finished, but wanted to post something this week while I' am gone....Sorry, I know you've seen these!
Promise I'll finish any started ones when I get back...

Dear steve,
It's fantastic! Really gorgeous and realistic as well as fascinate..
Love your paintings and they are way too good:o;) keep working!
Violet

vvioletx
11-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Btw the woman's eyes are really really gorgeous and enchanting:D very outstanding!

Caesar
11-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Your "vacation" seems to have further improved Your outstanding artistic capabilities and safeguarded Your taste for intriguing beauties (notwithstanding Edgar and his mate:D). :cool:
Now I hope You've got also the other pieces of the Megan Fox puzzle, hopefully a little scantily dressed :o ... to better appreciate her anatomy from an artistic standpoint of course!:eek:;)LOL

D Akey
11-15-2014, 07:22 AM
Sorry Steve!, Really. . . she kissed ME. And she. . . (what's that?) she wants, I don't quite know how to say this, she wants "to have my movies". I'm afraid I don't quite know what to say. Sorry about that. But it just sort of happened. . .

Fantastic in every way. Intimate. Nothing like an extreme close-up, if you catch my drift. Well just try to forget Greg and Edgar now. . . just put them out of your sponge bath. . . I MEAN your mind. . . Oh bother. . .

This is one dynamic lady. A very good painting. I believe you are emphatically on the road to recovery with her luring and enticing you into bed. . . no wait! OUT of bed. . . to the disco or whatever.

stevemawmv
11-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Hello D Akey....Was beggining to wonder where you had gotten off to....

Sorry Steve!, Really. . . she kissed ME. And she. . . (what's that?) she wants, I don't quite know how to say this, she wants "to have my movies". I'm afraid I don't quite know what to say. Sorry about that. But it just sort of happened. . .Now I understand where you've been these last two days....No apologies necessary friend...... and yeah think I'd be temped as well! Good to see you back, take care.....

stevemawmv
11-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Dear Steve, I wanted to pop back in and post on your wonderful additions.
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.Thanks Sandy...Glad you did, your welcome anytime my dear....
Your "vacation" seems to have further improved Your outstanding artistic capabilities and safeguarded Your taste for intriguing beautiesWell, thank you Caesar..... At least something is improving, as for my eye towards beauty, intriguing or not....that will always be safe.
Dear steve, It's fantastic! Really gorgeous and realistic as well as fascinate..Love your paintings and they are way too good:o;) keep working!VioletThanks Violet....glad to hear from you again and thanks for your kind comments.....

gxhpainter2
11-16-2014, 06:51 AM
Hi Steve, I have been busy the past week and barely had time to keep track of all the activity in the forum, but since we got 15" of snow and its 7 degrees F outside I am just sitting here with a cuppa and thoroughly enjoying your latest works.. your ability with facial features is moving to a whole new level. I was just wondering if you work zoomed in and the move out to 100% to get all those great details in the eyes etc.. I do that to get more detail that still reads at 100% of normal but that I can still paint with my clumsy hand... wonderful stuff here :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
11-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi Steve, fantastic work as usual.

stevemawmv
11-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Hi Steve, I have been busy the past week and barely had time to keep track of all the activity in the forum, but since we got 15" of snow and its 7 degrees F outside I am just sitting here with a cuppa and thoroughly enjoying your latest works...I was just wondering if you work zoomed in and the move out to 100% to get all those great details in the eyes etc.. I do that to get more detail that still reads at 100% of normal but that I can still paint with my clumsy hand... wonderful stuff here :cool::cool::cool::cool:Gary...Much to cold for me, I'd be sitting in front of the fireplace with my laptop and thinking what music I'am playing next......As to your question...for detail I usually zoom to 200% to 300% and check back in forth...but I've actually tried to paint individual pixels before....holy cow, that was fun!....Don't think it work though.....
Take care friend and stay warm,
Steve

stevemawmv
11-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi Steve, fantastic work as usual.Hi June.....Thanks for checking in on me and leaving such a kind comment!

D Akey
11-17-2014, 12:10 PM
In my best Peppy le Pew seduction voice speaking to the model, "You're eyes are like limpid pools. . ." and it really seems most apropos. Her eyes are dazzling. One could fall in and fall and fall. . .

justjean
11-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Steve your gals all get lovelier and lovelier :)

stevemawmv
11-17-2014, 09:20 PM
In my best Peppy le Pew seduction voice speaking to the model, "You're eyes are like limpid pools. . ." and it really seems most apropos. Her eyes are dazzling. One could fall in and fall and fall. . .Hello DA....I tried these from Monsieur le Pew's writtings in 'Le Livre de l'Amour' when she didn't want to sit for me anymore..and I quote in my best Le Pew voice....."But madame! You are ze corned beef to me, and I am ze cabbage to you. Madame...wait! Come back! Ze corned beef does not run away from ze cabbage!" Plez sit but a few minutes more Ma chère....Seemed to work, she sat back down and just stared at me for the rest of the painting...didn't move hers eyes once, not even a blink!
Take care friend.....

Caesar
11-17-2014, 10:37 PM
As far as I can see You paint also with an electronic microscope to have each pigment dot fitting down to a molecular size!:eek::cool:

stevemawmv
11-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Steve your gals all get lovelier and lovelier :)Thank you Jean....So glad to see you out and about! Was beginning to worry about you.....Take care!

stevemawmv
11-19-2014, 07:19 PM
As far as I can see You paint also with an electronic microscope to have each pigment dot fitting down to a molecular size!:eek::cool:Thanks dear friend....It's like painting a pixel with the tip of a needle.....The microscope helps though! May have gone overboard on this one....next one may be on the rough side.
Take care,
Steve

Rachelle
11-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Beautiful, beautiful gallery thread Steve :)

stevemawmv
11-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Beautiful, beautiful gallery thread Steve :)Thank you for the kind comment....and for visiting.
Take care.....
Finishing up a new soon...This is the last of this one for awhile!

D Akey
11-21-2014, 09:05 AM
I never tire of her.

copespeak
11-21-2014, 09:22 AM
That tight cropping is so successful Steve, and she is absolutely flawless! :)

pat1940
11-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi Steve, what a pleasure to see your beautiful ladies again, the most beautiful eyes, how on earth do you do it.......perfection always

Caesar
11-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Fantastic vision once again, dear Steve? Any idea of the woodland where I could possibly find her? :o;)

gxhpainter2
11-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Steve it amazes me how you get such flawless and smooth transitions of light and shadow which so perfectly define her beautiful face. I am with Robyn I love the close crop at a angle. I think she is leaning in to kiss me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool: I could be mistaken but not from the look in her eyes..:cool::cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
11-22-2014, 06:39 AM
She's got a kissing booth thing going on apparently, raising money for the old Replicant Builders' Home. I've donated a couple pages back. By now I think they're up to six figures. . . Nexus Six that is. . .

justjean
11-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Another beautiful lady with stunning eyes, Steve. Hope your feeing well :)

stevemawmv
11-22-2014, 08:26 PM
I never tire of her.Thanks D Akey, I appreciate....I know I've gotten the mileage out of this one, will paint another one of her soon.

stevemawmv
11-22-2014, 08:29 PM
That tight cropping is so successful Steve, and she is absolutely flawless! :)Thank you Robyn...I like checking out every angle, starting to like this 'Glamour shot' one!
Hi Steve, what a pleasure to see your beautiful ladies again, the most beautiful eyes, how on earth do you do it.......perfection alwaysThank you Pat....Glad to see you back home!....Love your latest painting!....And yes, still painting the ladies!

I'm starting a new series...This is the first of three companion paintings....

stevemawmv
11-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Fantastic vision once again, dear Steve? Any idea of the woodland where I could possibly find her? :o;)Thanks Caesar....I'll do some research on that while thinking about doing another painting of her.

stevemawmv
11-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Steve it amazes me how you get such flawless and smooth transitions of light and shadow which so perfectly define her beautiful face. I am with Robyn I love the close crop at a angle. I think she is leaning in to kiss me I could be mistaken but not from the look in her eyes..Thanks Gary...I think I 'am becoming a 'Crop Addict'....I just really like exploring how many personalities I can find in these paintings. And yes, she is leaning in to see if you'll kiss her!
Another beautiful lady with stunning eyes, Steve. Hope your feeing well :)Feeling much better Jean, thank you....and thank you for your kind comment.

AndreaMG
11-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Hope you're getting better Dear Steve :D

stevemawmv
11-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Hope you're getting better Dear Steve :DHey thanks Andrea.....Going in for the first Cat Scan tomorrow to see if everything went as planned.

Enug
11-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Hi Steve, liking these new paintings - trying to guess who he is. I was thinking Harrison Ford at first look but this chap has quite a distinctive upper lip.:confused::confused:

Caesar
11-25-2014, 01:13 AM
I'm always intrigued and admired in front of Your faces playing with shadows, even when they're masculine ones, as in this case. Excellent outcome.

justjean
11-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Great beginnings, Steve

stevemawmv
11-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Thank you very much June, Caesar and Jean....H. Ford is right, may have to stick a mustache on him....Again playing with shadows and light....Two more to go! Thanks again all of you!

byroncallas
11-25-2014, 06:38 AM
Hi Steve. I've been away for a while. It was wonderful spending time today catching up on your remarkable work in this remarkable thread. Inspired. All best to you.

stevemawmv
11-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Hi Steve. I've been away for a while. It was wonderful spending time today catching up on your remarkable work in this remarkable thread. Inspired. All best to you.Hello Byron...Hope all's well...Thank you very much for visiting and leaving your kind comments....Take care!

Caesar
11-25-2014, 10:46 PM
He's looking too intensely to her! I'm getting jealous!:mad::o;)LOL

stevemawmv
11-26-2014, 05:48 AM
He's looking too intensely to her! I'm getting jealous!:mad::o;)LOLNow don't get jealous friend....he's just asking her some question....."Twenty, thirty, cross-referenced" I believe! Check back later, there may be more!

D Akey
11-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Gull durn it, if she don't look smokin' hot. . . I think he must have her circuits overloading, internally. . . kinda hard for her to play it cool when she's broadcasting her interest in him via smoke signals. Sexy image. The pursed lips, the escaping smoke. . . phew! Go Deckard! (and I'm not using 'Deckard' as a verb). I mean love is in the air, if not fascination and infatuation. WooHooooo!!!!!! My ice cream bon bons that I just got at the concession stand in the theater lobby just liquified.

Very good Rachelling (and I do mean that as a verb). . . Super.

Harrison Ford looks sculpted in clay a little. Nice form. Way to paint, Steve!

AndreaMG
11-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Wow, cool Dear Steve I do love Deckard gaze and she's smoking hot as D says :cool: don't know if the picture of her is cropped or this is the actual painting, if it's not cropped I would drop the thing along her mouth winch is not very identifiable and looks kinda wired (maybe is her hand out of focus?). Anyways great stuff :o Take care ;)

stevemawmv
11-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Hello D Akey.....Playing in the big room for awhile, we'll get back to the apartment later...Just a few more questions, you've got some time to head back the snack bar and get some more "ice cream bon bons".....Take care friend....

AndreaMG
11-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Ahhh now it looks ok Mr Crop Master :o

copespeak
11-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Two really excellent paintings Steve. Love the woman and the wisp of smoke coming from her mouth. So well done. :)

justjean
11-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Steve, lovely lady and wonderful texture on the handsome dude :)

stevemawmv
11-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Ahhh now it looks ok Mr Crop Master :oYeah you were right...does look better with her hand showing, makes visual sense now!

kenmo
11-28-2014, 02:43 AM
Awesome, love the textures in these paintings and use of light....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
11-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Two really excellent paintings Steve. Love the woman and the wisp of smoke coming from her mouth. So well done. :)Hi Robyn....Thank you so much, I worried about the smoke though! So I purposely didn't paint a cig' in her hand.....Hehe! Take care....
Steve, lovely lady and wonderful texture on the handsome dude :)Hello Jean....Thank you! Two contrasting styles to fit the characters, softness and roughness.....seems to be working in these two! Take care....

D Akey
11-28-2014, 08:48 AM
. . .I purposely didn't paint a cig' in her hand.....
If smoke is coming out of her mouth yet there's no cigarette to be seen, you wonder if it's one of those tricks where they quickly slip the butt onto their tongue and pull the cigarette into their mouth and close it so as to not get busted for smoking in school. We all had to have known at least one joker in high school who did this to entertain and impress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5E7NrQSIk

I wonder if she's going to trade in that power business suit with the world class shoulder pads in favor of a black leather jacket. This is a clip from from the class Replicant Skills 101.

stevemawmv
11-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Awesome, love the textures in these paintings and use of light....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:Hello Ken....Thank you very much for the comments, I like going between the rough and the smooth textures and the lighting is always a challege...love it though!

Caesar
11-29-2014, 02:57 AM
Everything's just superb in these paintings. Jack Vettriano couldn't do any better in this somehow shared painting style!

stevemawmv
11-29-2014, 08:48 PM
If smoke is coming out of her mouth yet there's no cigarette to be seen......Well she's is a Nexus 6 so ambidexterity is one of the features in this product line ....and the cigarette... well...it's in her left hand, and she's resting it on the table. I brought back someone who can answer any more questions that might arise...Thanks DA....Had a friend that tried the 'hide the cig trick'....burned the crap out of his tongue, never did it again!
Everything's just superb in these paintings. Jack Vettriano couldn't do any better in this somehow shared painting style!Thanks Caesar....I really enjoy Vettriano's paintings, thanks for letting me know about Jack a couple of months ago, glad you did friend....If only I had one tenth of his skill....a happy man I'd be!

AndreaMG
11-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Wonderful art pieces Dear Steve, Dr. Tyrell is spooky as ever :cool:

Enug
11-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Very lifelike Steve and you were very clever with the glasses - they are so good.

justjean
11-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Great faces and atmosphere (sp? ), Steve

D Akey
12-01-2014, 04:14 AM
Well she's is a Nexus 6 so ambidexterity is one of the features in this product line ....and the cigarette... well...it's in her left hand, and she's resting it on the table. I brought back someone who can answer any more questions that might arise...Thanks DA....Had a friend that tried the 'hide the cig trick'....burned the crap out of his tongue, never did it again!

Ouch! I never tried it myself. Back in my youth, when I smoked, like Clinton, "I never inhaled", let alone took the whole of a cigarette into my mouth from the lit end, certainly not without my hand involved. I think my most overt trick with smoking was doing particularly excellent smoke rings. . . for which I can thank J.R.R. Tolkien. I even took up a pipe because of that book. . . pipe smoking being something for which I never really found the fun of it. I think I gassed up my room with thick billows of cherry tobacco. Did wonders for my athletics. Cut down on my wind considerably. But I didn't care at the time it was so much fun. :rolleyes:

Back then, when perusing the bins at a used record store, I happened upon a new vinyl reading of The Hobbit by the genius reader Nicole Williamson (very at the level of Jim Dale who read the Harry Potter books with all the voices, maybe better? Hard call they're both so brilliant).

The Hobbit and Tolkien was only just starting to get known by the baby boomers, and I had to read it for a school assignment -- my all time favorite book report book. I remember being so captivated by it, I would rush home from school and light a pipe, put on the record, and read and paint what I was imagining from those wild and vivid descriptions. The Tolkien/Williamson pairing may be why I became an artist, with my imagination running wild from all the great dialects he gave his characters. I had to aspire to something equally creative with it. I imagine the allure for me was not unlike you and the BladeRunner imagery. I was fixated on that theme for a long time. But anything I could do to bring it into focus better, I would. I think artists live for that level of inspiration.

I heard some panel of Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre authors who talked about why they got into writing. They said they had read all of Tolkien's stuff and when they were done, there was nothing else yet they wanted to keep the story going so they themselves had to create more of that ilk in order to keep that level of fantasy going -- for themselves. And we see what having the limited number of books created. Inspiration and creative types -- self-serving, but thank goodness for it for the rest of us who can enjoy those creative expressions. You seem to be so motivated.

Go Steve Go Man Go!!!!!!!

Anyway, your Tyrell is photographic. Really nailed it.

Bertrude
12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
The new one is great! You've captured him so well and I love the space you've given him.

stevemawmv
12-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Wonderful art pieces Dear Steve, Dr. Tyrell is spooky as ever :cool:Thanks Andrea....He's a odd one alright....but sharp, sharp as a tack!
Very lifelike Steve and you were very clever with the glasses - they are so good.Hi June.....Thanks! Those damn glasses took hours, but they were needed! Take care.....
Great faces and atmosphere (sp? ), SteveThanks Jean....Really appreciate it, and I'm glad you like them. Take care....

stevemawmv
12-01-2014, 05:33 PM
The Tolkien/Williamson pairing may be why I became an artist, with my imagination running wild from all the great dialects he gave his characters. I had to aspire to something equally creative with it. I imagine the allure for me was not unlike you and the BladeRunner imagery. I was fixated on that theme for a long time. But anything I could do to bring it into focus better, I would. I think artists live for that level of inspiration...Hello D Akey.....Your reply was a treat to read my friend, hope you don't mind that I only quoted the above lines...struck a cord with me! Also hope that nobody minds with this addition....had the two portraits and wondered how they would look together...Colors and brush strokes don't match, but they were never intended to....

Caesar
12-01-2014, 11:54 PM
As the versions go by ... it eventually became a l....light affair! LOL;):o They don't fully match, as You say, but the scene looks likely just the same with the characters painted superbly!

stevemawmv
12-02-2014, 10:21 AM
The new one is great! You've captured him so well and I love the space you've given him.Thank you Bertrude...glad you like him.....after all, it was a large room! Take care....
As the versions go by ... it eventually became a l....light affair! LOL;):o They don't fully match, as You say, but the scene looks likely just the same with the characters painted superbly!Thanks Caesar....I think I solved the problem with the mismatch by going 'Film Noir' on the painting! Take care....

Enug
12-02-2014, 02:33 PM
That is sooooooooooo excellent!:cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
12-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Brilliant solution! After all the illustration suggest a noire!:eek::cool:;)

AndreaMG
12-03-2014, 02:56 AM
B&W really should go well with that movie, clever idea for integrating those two :cool:

stevemawmv
12-03-2014, 10:48 AM
That is sooooooooooo excellent!:cool::cool::cool:Thanks June...Turned out kinda cool looking after all the matching I tried...Take care.....
Brilliant solution! After all the illustration suggest a noire!:eek::cool:;)Caesar.....Thank you! And how incredibly easy it was...Huh, just turned off the color in Artrage! Take care....

justjean
12-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Terrific :):):):):):):):):):)

D Akey
12-03-2014, 10:55 AM
That's so Noir. . . et Blanc. Tres bon, mon amie. It's as if you've put a couple of your favorite toys together in a tableau of a sheepless dream. I used to do that with little plastic toy soldiers as a kid setting up scenes with figures to play out my fantasies of mock battles and so on. This is the adult fantasy version. Imagine the dialog. . . This is like a graphic novel on steroids.

Really nailed the look of Film Noir. Well played, Steve-o.

stevemawmv
12-03-2014, 04:07 PM
B&W really should go well with that movie, clever idea for integrating those two :cool:Thanks Andrea.....With the hairstyles and the clothes, did work well with B/W...I was surprised! Take care friend....
Terrific :):):):):):):):):):)Hello Jean......Thank you so much, love that word and the ten happy faces "Icing on the cake" my friend! Take care.......

Caesar
12-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Well, now waiting for an affair between them then, with some sort of passionate moment ... I mean, sort of a visual hint or a hug and kiss ... whatever, not an after 9 though, which would have a too limited audience for your fantastic art.

stevemawmv
12-04-2014, 07:45 AM
That's so Noir. . . et Blanc. Tres bon, mon amie. It's as if you've put a couple of your favorite toys together in a tableau of a sheepless dream. I used to do that with little plastic toy soldiers as a kid setting up scenes with figures to play out my fantasies of mock battles and so on. This is the adult fantasy version. Imagine the dialog. . . This is like a graphic novel on steroids. Really nailed the look of Film Noir. Well played, Steve-o. Thanks D Akey....I thought graphic novel as well and did some experiments along that line in http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?41057-Science-Fiction-Theatre&p=486830#post486830Thanks dear friend....Going to do one more pairing then move on to some portraits....

D Akey
12-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Thanks D Akey....I thought graphic novel as well and did some experiments along that line in http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?41057-Science-Fiction-Theatre&p=486830#post486830Thanks dear friend....Going to do one more pairing then move on to some portraits....

Ah, right. I don't go in there usually because this gallery section of the forums, and general chat keeps me very occupied. Not enough time in the day. . .

Anyway, that's a brilliant segment you did for a graphic novel. Absolutely. Looks like it would take you forever to put together a book, but for a few panels it looks dramatic and intriguing.

stevemawmv
12-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Ah, right. I don't go in there usually because this gallery section of the forums, and general chat keeps me very occupied. Not enough time in the day. . .Anyway, that's a brilliant segment you did for a graphic novel. Absolutely. Looks like it would take you forever to put together a book, but for a few panels it looks dramatic and intriguing.Thought you'd get a kick out of them....I'm going to try to finish it, but will put them somewhere else so I' am not hogging space in that section...Thanks D Akey!

pat1940
12-04-2014, 11:51 AM
just fantastic paintings Steve, all so beautiful

stevemawmv
12-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Well, now waiting for an affair between them then, with some sort of passionate moment ... I mean, sort of a visual hint or a hug and kiss ... whatever, not an after 9 though, which would have a too limited audience for your fantastic art.Dear Caesar....I' am working on the second companion painting now.....but will consider painting a 'stolen kiss' image of the two as soon as these three paintings are done...Thank you for viewing them and leaving such positive comments, I really appreciate your support you've given me.....Take care!

stevemawmv
12-05-2014, 06:27 PM
just fantastic paintings Steve, all so beautifulThank you Pat.....I see your heading to Canada again, wishing you a safe journey and Merry Christmas to you and yours.....

Caesar
12-06-2014, 12:39 AM
I think these two characters will also wear their Christmas garments next ... LOL:o;)

stevemawmv
12-06-2014, 11:55 AM
I think these two characters will also wear their Christmas garments next ... LOL:o;)HI Caesar...Well if they keep hanging around long enough....who knows what they're being wearing! Happy Holidays Friend....
Keep your eyes on them as well!

stevemawmv
12-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Eyelashes....Troublesome hairs they are, they get in your eyes, they make you cry what troublesome hairs they are....You've probably already notice their suspiciously missing from all my paintings,
they do bring a tear when they start to appear....what troublesome hairs they are!

D Akey
12-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Oh, I don't know. In some respects you're right about eyelashes, on the other, I think the way you are doing them is perfect for the overriding style. Where the absence of them would be notable would be if you had lots of specific detail. If you do a picture that's more atmospheric, then it's consistent with that vision. I like what you did. And I would have to say in the context of what I see it doesn't want for them. You're keeping it tonal which is great.

It's the opposite style to Yoanni Lori (sp?) our great, hyper-real caricaturist who posts celebrity shots here. In his style, it's a feature to exaggerate the realism in something where the proportions are so exaggerated. In that case it adds to the experience. Similarly in the case of people painting animals where the fur is part of the delight of the piece -- a tactile component, making the images 'petable' and activates in the viewer a more heightened contact with the piece that can be appreciated to the senses. It's about appreciation of the surfaces.

But there are tons of artists, especially the tonal and painterly who don't bother with infinitesimal details in favor of a mood and would in fact find such detail out of place and pulling the attention away from the whole. Details like that are some of the chops for portraits, essentially favored by glamor magazines and other cosmetic placements. If for example you were sharing your eyelashes with a scene wherein those details would have no particular value to what you're telling, you could actually distract and weaken the piece because it really would run the risk of putting the viewer into a more analytical space, pulling them into a relationship with the artist, the technique and so on, upstaging the overall effect.

All a matter of what you're after. I really like what you've done. Sometimes clever restraint is a skillful application of one's artistic interpretation.

justjean
12-07-2014, 05:18 PM
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

AndreaMG
12-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Looks Jennifer to me, gorgeous eyes (and eyelashes) :o Ciao

Caesar
12-09-2014, 11:30 PM
OK, I just recovered from hypnosis and I would express all my admiration for this new piece of Your forthcoming artpiece!

stevemawmv
12-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Oh, I don't know. In some respects you're right about eyelashes, on the other, I think the way you are doing them is perfect for the overriding style. All a matter of what you're after. I really like what you've done. Sometimes clever restraint is a skillful application of one's artistic interpretation.Thanks D Akey.....I always try to paint just enough of a hint of them, it makes it easy when most of my painting are rather dark ones....Take care friend.....Happy Holidays!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)Hello Jean.....Thanks! I see I am up to sixteen happy faces....Take care and Happy Holidays!
Looks Jennifer to me, gorgeous eyes (and eyelashes) :o CiaoHello Andrea....I figured it was time for her again! Thanks! Take care friend and Happy Holidays to you!
OK, I just recovered from hypnosis and I would express all my admiration for this new piece of Your forthcoming artpiece!Thank you dear Caesar.... I' am just not quite sure how to present her though...Gosh, here's another crop...Happy Holidays!

Caesar
12-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Dear Steve, it looks like You work out Your marvellous paintings as a sort of assembly line with a quite mysterious lay-out that delivers the finished parts and components!:eek::cool: If You lived a few centuries ago You would have led a most renown artistic laboratory with assistants and pupils to help You with Your work! Thank You for this anticipation of Your next Christams gift, dear Santa-Steve!;):o:D:D

stevemawmv
12-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Dear Steve, it looks like You work out Your marvellous paintings as a sort of assembly line with a quite mysterious lay-out that delivers the finished parts and components!:eek::cool:Thanks Caesar....I know it's kind of strange the way I present my work, the crops, angles, empty spaces and the flipped images....oh yeah, and the 'Glamour shot'...gotta have that one! I just like seeing how much more of a story can be told in the various crops, I know it may defeat the initial impact of the original painting if posted alone...but to me paintings are visual stories, presented with one or left to the viewer to imagine one....Caesar, I am very pleased you enjoy the products of my imaginary assembly line, I will try to keep them rolling off it as long as I am able.
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours this Holiday season!

stevemawmv
12-14-2014, 10:30 PM
There's just so many ways to show two eyes, and I may have exceeded them!

AndreaMG
12-15-2014, 06:20 AM
She's really beautiful Dear Steve. Her eyes are like emeralds :o Ciao

stevemawmv
12-15-2014, 06:42 PM
She's really beautiful Dear Steve. Her eyes are like emeralds :o CiaoThanks Andrea....Me and their eyes, they say what the lips cannot...and hold an immeasurable wealth within them....

Caesar
12-15-2014, 10:53 PM
You cannot but stop in front of such a vaguely inquisitive, inquiring beauty and wonder what she would like to tell You with her marvellous eyes.

stevemawmv
12-16-2014, 04:00 PM
She's got another angle....This is actually the original painting!

stevemawmv
12-16-2014, 08:37 PM
You cannot but stop in front of such a vaguely inquisitive, inquiring beauty and wonder what she would like to tell You with her marvellous eyes.Thank you! What a shame she's only an image from a reference ....But there's nothing wrong with wondering what she's saying with those eyes.... Thanks again friend!
Steve

stevemawmv
12-17-2014, 09:30 AM
HI Eighty.....Great job on my girl, really like the way it turned out!
Link to Eighty+ painting:http://forums.artrage.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84709&d=1418382541
Take care and Happy Holidays to you!
Steve

D Akey
12-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Steve.

Ignore the other blather on my part (that I deleted). Hope you have a good season that brings you much happiness and good health! In future I will be more sensitive to where you're coming from. It's remarkable what you have accomplished with painting. . . truly.

Be well, my friend.

stevemawmv
12-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Thank you D Akey,
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well Dear friend..Looking forward to your much appreciated visits and replies in the coming new year!
Thank you friend,
Steve

kenmo
12-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Outstanding portrait...:cool::cool::cool:

BillD
12-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Excellent Steve...I like the "other" view best...

Marilyn Anne
12-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Lovely eyed and very dramatic!

stevemawmv
12-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Outstanding portrait...:cool::cool::cool:Thanks Ken...glad you visited!
Excellent Steve...I like the "other" view best...Hey, thanks Bill...that's my favorite too...
Lovely eyed and very dramatic!Thank you Marilyn Anne....the eyes have it!

I might as well put these here...Hope you like them, there are four stories in this painting....

justjean
12-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Beautiful and soft

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You and Yours, Steve

D Akey
12-24-2014, 01:13 AM
Wow. Yeah, each of the poses describes a personality and suggests a different story. Intriguing posing. Has a Biblical sort of feel to it. Good one. . . er, good four.

stevemawmv
12-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Thank you Jean and D Akey.......
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to You and Yours too!

stevemawmv
12-25-2014, 04:29 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, now I have to get back to decorating this tree!
Steve

gxhpainter2
12-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Merry Christmas Steve, hope your doing well !

D Akey
12-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Your tree should be getting a work out very soon, getting fit and trim!

Well at least you have a tree. Mine's outside growing. In a break with tradition, the presents aren't underneath though, it being outdoors and all. The presents are inside. I left a note for Santa to avoid confusion. But yours will be in the right place. Safer in the long run. And more focused and jolly as well.

Nice one. Has the feeling a little of the voice of a James Thurber illustration (My World and Welcome To It), though much of his was in BW line only. It has a decidedly homespun, narrative voice.

copespeak
12-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Our Christmas is nearly over Steve, and yours is nearly upon you. We didn't have one this year as the Borzoi/giraffe would have torn it asunder! Get to work! :) :)

AndreaMG
12-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Really like the "4 ones paintings" :cool: Merry Christmas to you as well!

stevemawmv
12-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Merry Christmas to you too Gary....good hearing from you!
Hope all's well, and your enjoying the Holidays...

Hello DA...My tree, forgot to post the finished one, of course the gifts are gone and someone did a quick clean up..
Yeah right, that's really going to happen! Anyway, hope your having a great Holiday friend...

Hi Robyn...Hope your Christmas was a good one and the pets had other things to draw their attention, trees in the house can be so irresistible to dogs....

stevemawmv
12-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Hello Andrea....Thank you dear friend, the 'Four Stories' painting was a off and on again project...just never knew what it was about? It's inspiration came from two paintings and a photo...
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays....
Steve

Marilyn Anne
12-28-2014, 07:11 PM
They are cute and fun and yet so meaningful.

stevemawmv
12-31-2014, 09:24 AM
They are cute and fun and yet so meaningful.Thank you Marilyn Anne....They were fun to do, by the way...I enjoyed your Holiday cards, got me in the spirit! Take care
Steve

copespeak
12-31-2014, 01:54 PM
Glad to see your tree is finally done, and it's almost New Year! That hat will have to come off too.

Great line up of characters too Steve. :) :)

stevemawmv
12-31-2014, 10:55 PM
Glad to see your tree is finally done, and it's almost New Year! That hat will have to come off too. Great line up of characters too Steve. :) :)Thanks Robyn...'Done and gone', and wishing the new year will be better then the last....Thanks for checking out the year long group of characters that have showed up here! Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
12-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Moving on.....Just received a invitation from a local gallery...a New Years eve party!

stevemawmv
01-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Showed up way to early for the party, so decided to look around some....

stevemawmv
01-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Strange indeed.....

stevemawmv
01-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Well this is interesting....