View Full Version : Two Composers, and two paintings

Frisch
10-19-2013, 09:28 AM
- the first; Debussy: La Mer

-and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbbtmskCRUY

D Akey
10-19-2013, 09:42 AM
I figured this version would do unless you wanted people to go transcribe it themselves. . . :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O9PqE82STc

Say, that first one, La Mer, is a bit of a departure for you stylistically. I really like the ocean as you've stylized it. Comparing it with the music, you seem to have gotten the movement of wind, waves, rising and dipping of the bird. I like the tubular movement of the waves you did.

The music really ads a certain level of depth, doesn't it. And I'm about to listen to the second when done with this post. The visual is intriguing and I'm very curious to see how it compares to your selection of music.

Well done. Nice stretch! Cowabunga, dude!

copespeak
10-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Cowabunga indeed! You always elevate us to a higher plane Frisch, and I thank you for that.

Great music choices indeed, and your wonderful mystical paintings ..... :) (I'm starting a folder of Frisch paintings!)

sabena
10-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Wow I like your impressionist painting and i like the composition and the color:rolleyes:

Frisch
10-20-2013, 11:43 AM
D Akey, Debussy would have loved that version - he was a bit cynical - and the dryness in this version was what he wanted. Try and listen to some others like Abbado as conductor, or Ashkenazy - the instruments in those versions get to a more dynamic soundscape ("emotionel") which as said wasn't what he wanted. It's a matter of taste, but obeying Debussy, the right version. Ravel was the emotionel part of those two impressionists, and deep down I think Debussy didn't like Ravel, as a person.

I love Debussy, but i love Ravel more. Ravel once asked a woman to marry him, the woman laughed and said " have you heard, Ravel wants to marry me" - poor guy.

copespeak, you are very kind, thank you - and I'm honored.

Sabena, thank you.

Cowabunga - dudes......................... : )

coops
10-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Its always a joy to listen to the music and a pleasure to view your work:)

Caesar
10-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Now we have one more reason and evidence to call Debussy and Ravel impressionist composers I think. Exquisite paintings!