PDA

View Full Version : Coops' Coffer - a place for my paintings (new addition 18th Dec

Pages : [1] 2

coops
10-11-2013, 11:50 PM
I seem to be doing so many paintings these days that i thought I would keep them all together.
Hope you like the first in this series.

THE DANCER

copespeak
10-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Lots of lovely sweeps of movement here, and I LOVE the pink and orange together! :cool:

eighty+
10-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Good Morning Madam Katie Of the Moara sorry just Crawled out the pit 12.oc :eek::D yeah ok she looks good +must be Primer donna ballrina scuse spelling but

brain is still asleep :cool: as yet no joy wirh the wandering Arrow:(:(:(:(:(:( Matt says might be the driver's but the Bus keeps to the road ok its only when going into

artrage country :D:D:D:D:D:D so it looks as if I can wined up the old computer bring it out of mothballs have to go and get a new bamball pad as gave the last one away

:D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D was a nice day yesurday done a bit of painting outside but the wind thought I was a Brass monkey :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: SLAINTE

limey-g
10-12-2013, 04:46 AM
Hi Katie I really like this one especially the movement you have conveyed in her skirt, really well done.
Hope to start picking up my tablet again soon, might take a while to get back into art rage :)
Geoff

D Akey
10-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Nice coffering, Ms Coops. Very artistic. Feels a bit like "Winged Victory" is out there performing still -- arms and all. Let her know that I'm having the Rolls-Royce brought round and she'll be needed to guide my slay tonight. . . Wait . . . right automobile, wrong season. . .

Well she's a looker and that's a fact. Well done indeed.

Alexandra
10-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Always beautiful Katie. I love your oil work and beautiful dancers!

Tonyjazz
10-13-2013, 02:18 AM
This is a beautiful series. Love the movement and palette.

Marilyn Anne
10-14-2013, 03:01 AM
Beautiful sweeping strokes, exciting color and movement

sabena
10-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Hi Coops wonderful and magic painting:rolleyes:

coops
10-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Thank you all so very much for your wonderfully kind comments. I really appreciate them all:):):)

Hope you like the next one too:)

Caesar
10-16-2013, 01:43 AM
She's dressed with an immaterial wind and energy fabric. Exquisite pastel colors palette!

D Akey
10-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Looks like your dance troupe bought a theater to call home. I can hear the music now.

Very nice compositional element with the sweeping dress. She has a bit of the famous Marylin Monroe scene sculpted out of candy floss. Very sweet. Love the way you did the lost and found edges. I particularly love how you did the upper torso as well. But it really works well. I love your innovation and growing your aesthetic sensibilities. Brava!

SCP
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Love the colours and lines,wonderful works Katie.:):):) Good idea to keep them in one place.;)

Jasminek
10-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Love your "in motion" paintings. :D

justjean
10-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Love the colours in these dancing delights, Katie :)

coops
10-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Thanks for your kind comments dear Cesare.:)
Dear Mr Akey, always a pleasure to read your words as you express so much which makes me see more. Thanks:)
Thanks SCP, Jasminek and Jean, you are very kind:)

coops
10-21-2013, 02:50 AM

The last in this series, hope you like it:)

Alexandra
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Katie, you are such a wonderful artist. These are so beautiful.

justjean
10-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Lovely movement in these last beauties, Katie

copespeak
10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
She is really gorgeous! :)

Caesar
10-24-2013, 09:57 PM
I think we'll have to take a bunch of roses to this charming dancer at the end of her ballet, to express all our admiration for her art ... or maybe to You, for Your art, after all, dear Katie.

tali3sin
10-25-2013, 04:38 AM
These are gorgeous. Great capture of form.

coops
10-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Sandy, Jean and Robyn, thank you so much for your lovely comments I really appreciate them:)
Cesare, I accept the flowers thats very kind of you.:)
Tali3sin, thanks very much:)

sabena
10-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Wonderful collection i like your stile very good work

D Akey
10-28-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm loving this thread. It's sort of a Zoetropic experience without the speed.

You remember those paintings of Pygmalion in which he has done a sculpture so perfect that she extricates herself from the stone and comes to life? This has that kind of feel -- as if the model is demanding movement. It feels sequential, like a Muybridge series of photos of people and animals in motion. It isn't so much about the form as the Will to free itself from the restrictions of a painting in a single frame -- like it really captured the Spirit of Dance like a firefly in a jar at night. It's fine and dandy to look at, but its natural state is freedom and movement.

kenmo
10-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Your blissful paint strokes are always a joy to behold.... Please keep 'em coming....:cool::cool::cool:

coops
10-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks Sabena as always you are very kind:)
Dear Mr Akey, I am always delighted to ready your painterly comments and I thank you so much for them:)
Kenmo, thats so kind of you to say so:)

coops
10-30-2013, 12:43 AM

Hope you enjoy this one:)

stevemawmv
10-30-2013, 03:41 AM
I like this, joyfully stepping into the warmth of the light, or leaving a much warmer place?
Always enjoy your contrast of colors!
Nicely done,
Steve

coops
11-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks for your kind comments Steve, much appreciated:)

justjean
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM
A beautiful sense of freedom, Katie :)

Orkhan
11-01-2013, 01:27 AM
i love this last one... i mean: LOVE ... very gracious

D Akey
11-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Fantastic color, lass! Love the composition and the painterly mood. Almost as if your style reflects her style of dance. A bit honest, broad, free flowing - the joy of general movement more than a sharply defined choreography. Here she seems to be relying on the controlled happy accident, as if dancing around a concept, searching for new steps. She's adept enough to just turn it on and watch what manifests. Great color. Maybe that's what this is - she's dancing her interpretation of the painter's dance. Brava!

coops
11-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks Steve for your kind comments:)
Thanks Jean, much appreciated:)
So glad you like it so much Orkhan:)
Dear Mr Akey, thank you so much. I always enjoy reading what you see in paintings and sometimes its spooky how close you get to some things. You say happy accident, well, this is how this one happened and I went along with it. Thanks again:)

petrnita
11-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Very pleasant and dynamic paintings. They look like static animations. Very good.

copespeak
11-04-2013, 08:01 AM
The suggested lines are very lovely!

eighty+
11-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Hello. Madam. Katie of the. Moara. Yes definitely a Henry Moore. ;). ;). :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

Caesar
11-04-2013, 09:33 PM
You reached the dynamic essence in this last one. Excellent artpiece.

D Akey
11-05-2013, 02:14 AM
Hello. Madam. Katie of the. Moara. Yes definitely a Henry Moore. ;). ;). :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

Hoot, lassie. . .I'll join Mr Ploos and clamor fer MOORE and MOARA yer stoof!!!!!

coops
11-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks petrnita, Robyn, and dear Eighty for your lovely comments.
Once again you are very kind Cesare, thanks:)
Dear Mr Akey, you are a hoot lol:)

coops
11-08-2013, 01:52 AM

Hope like this one:)

stevemawmv
11-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Coops,
I think I'm feeling the heat and passion of the dance from here!
Hot!
Steve

eighty+
11-08-2013, 05:28 AM
ok Steve keep :cool: :cool: :D

Hello Madam Katie of the Moara no see what U've done poor Steve will never B the same again ;) ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

Alexandra
11-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Wonderful additions Katie, and this last one especially strong and powerful.

D Akey
11-08-2013, 05:40 AM
. . . and then the arresting enchantment began taking hold. Aware their precious time was short, they danced a counter spell which fused into their encasement a brief flicker of some yet imperceptible magic. Still the two were trapped in amber, to appear to outsiders as nothing more than a cleverly crafted objet d'arte.

The Amber Dancing tableau stood for years on a finely polished Sussex marble mantle among the myriad trappings of privilege. But later it fell to disinterest. Bereft of affection, it had lost all vitality for that noble family, and became merely another twinkle among the wholesale spoils of inheritance and divorce.

Years later, the dancers came to rest on a lady's maid's bed stand, the figures having been chosen by this servant as a reward for a lifetime of service. It held personal significance to her, and symbolized the never permitted dance locked inside her heart frozen behind her sober and immaculate uniform. Perhaps it was because locked away, deep within her heart she danced free, that the Amber Dancers danced for her alone. And in her waning years, as she was in bed for the night, as she reached to the table to turn off the light, their night dance was the dream she was graced with, and in the morning, the music and dance of dawn was her greeting.

And finally, as the world moved forward as it will, the Amber Dancers got wrapped in a towel and boxed up, buried among some old clothes and given off to charity. Thus, the object remained hidden in a box in the back of a Salvation Army thrift shop on a back road in Kingston Upon Hull.

And that's where our door opens. . .

stevemawmv
11-08-2013, 05:46 AM
I'm a bit calmer now, Jeez!... just scrolled up and viewed it again!
Temperature's rising!
Again,Well Done!
Steve

justjean
11-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Another beautiful addition , Katie and love the textures in this :D

Caesar
11-08-2013, 08:30 PM
OMG what a new kind of marvel, dear Katie!:eek::cool: Especially the man here looks powerfully described. Should I explain what art is essentially about, either abstract or not, this would be an explanatory painting to use as a reference.:D

coops
11-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Steve, Steve, calm down now and dont you dare scroll up again. Many thanks:)
Dear Eighty I really didnt mean to do that lol:)
Dear Sandy, many thanks so glad you liked it:)
Dear Mr Akey, are you sure that you are not a writer as well as an artist?????? You made such a wonderful and very moving story from this painting which in my minds eye I can truly see. :) Excuse me please I am in a hurry >>>>>>>>> exit right to find that charity shop before someone else does.:) lol:)
Thanks Jean for the kind comments:)
Ahhhhhh Cesare you are as always so very kind:)

coops
11-15-2013, 02:18 AM

Hope you like this one:)

Marilyn Anne
11-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Today I took a moment to visit your collection here. Very nice and very colorful and I love the freedom you have to experiment with color and technique .

eighty+
11-15-2013, 03:08 AM
Hi Madam Katie of the Moara as your at the Cocktail Bar :) so while the Bartender is mixing your manhatten order me a Gibson ok be with in 1 min ;) ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D

.............SLAINTE

stevemawmv
11-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Is this the same club I visited last week?
Silly to ask, 'bartender...do you know how to make a Mojito?
Perfect!...'make it two please!
Like it,
Steve

After drinks, stop by my thread...I would like to introduce you to my boys...

justjean
11-15-2013, 05:11 AM
The use of the same background really makes me feel I'm reading a story as each new chapter ( painting) appears , wonderful painting and imagination Katie :D:D:D

D Akey
11-15-2013, 05:43 AM
Rick: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.
This has to be the scratchiest colorized copy of Casablanca I've ever seen. :cool::D:D:D

I think you're getting a good handle on this technique in that you can reproduce it so well from painting to painting. I think the settled, calm composition works with the generally vertical and horizontal 'turbulence' of the patina. In the prior one with the dancers, the patina was similar horizontal and vertical, yet the dancers were on something of a diagonal which created a tension -- not a bad thing at all. Felt more like it was emphatically at odds with the environment waiting for a resolution. If it could be compared with a call and response in music, the dancers were the call because they were posed in the air and we know the action would continue, if for no other reason that gravity would exert itself on them. And it was like playing in waves at the beach.

This second one at the piano is more relaxed. The subject also has anticipation to it because she is alone. But it also feels calm, like the music being played is creating more of a soft tone, perhaps reflective, perhaps atmospheric. That she is at the piano says to me she is waiting listening to the music gently stirring her feelings around. Maybe it's in the lobby for a drink between acts in the dancers' performance that we see in the previous image. Lots of stories possible. That ambiguity is a good thing because it could evolve and adapt in meaning as the viewer lives their life.

I love the blue accents in her dress. Fantastic. Really brings it all to life. It suggests a color to the woman's inner self that is being musically effervesced in this moment, like bubbles in champagne.

coops
11-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time and your kind words Marilyn Anne:)
Dear Eighty, raising my glass to you. CHEERS:)
Thanks Jean glad you liked it. Often I seen more in the background and use it again:)
Wow dear Mr Akey thank you so much. Its always a delight to read your words and this time is no exception. THANKS THANKS THANKS:)

Caesar
11-22-2013, 02:41 AM
Ah, You resumed Your delightful dancing, dear Katie. But we need a smoking to access I see. Marvellous!

AT-TA
11-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Ah, something new from coops.... very artistic and imaginative.I like this work coops ....

jibes
11-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Stunning, Katie! Esp the last one.

coops
11-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Thank you so much Cesare for your lovely comments:)
AT-TA and Neal your kind comments are much appreciated:)

coops
11-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Over the weekend I had the wonderful experience of seeing my 6year old grand-daughter dance with the Northern Ballet Troupe in their version of A Christmas Carol. It was such an honor for her to be chosen. When she came on stage well you can guess I was in tears as she looked so tiny amongst all these wonderful ballet dancers. She played a street urchin selling holly and the painting below is of her with her favourite ghost. I have to say that he quite scared me as he was sooo big but she thought he was great as he always smiled and high fived her when he left the stage.
Hope you like this one.

justjean
11-23-2013, 02:47 AM
Coops, how proud you must be, grand children are the icing in our lives :):):):):)

eighty+
11-23-2013, 03:36 AM
Hello. Madam Katie of the Moara. Congrats. Well she'll. Keep you on your toes. You,ll have to

Dig out your. Ballet shoes. Now. Anyway the excercise will do U good. No time for lolling around

In the garden getting sunburnt did they no you were an expert at painting backgrounds for the

Ballet. They. Slipped up then. May be. Next. Time. Katie. Bet you'd do wonder's with emulsion

And the choice of colours. :D:D:D:D:D:D.....SLAINTE

stevemawmv
11-23-2013, 04:34 AM
'Tis the Season,
This is a fabulous image to start it!
Did you not see me in the previous painting?
I was sitting between Eighty+ and Jean having a drink at the piano bar...
As always...
Enjoy your paintings!
Take Care,
Steve

justjean
11-23-2013, 05:03 AM
'Tis the Season,
This is a fabulous image to start it!
Did you not see me in the previous painting?
I was sitting between Eighty+ and Jean having a drink at the piano bar...
As always...
Enjoy your paintings!
Take Care,
Steve

and I pretended I didn't know him when he slipped of the bar stool :D:D

stevemawmv
11-23-2013, 05:12 AM
Jean...
Was wondering about...
Apparently not only you..
But, it was only two drinks....
Strong pour??????
Take care,
Steve

Caesar
11-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Something Your granddaughter wil be forever proud of, this marvellous tale of her ballet and this great artpiece where her grandma masterfully and magically immortalized such unforgettable event.

AndreaMG
11-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Such a lovely painting. Chapeau :)

AT-TA
11-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Very nice painting,coops.She will treasure it for her whole life, what a beautiful keepsake from her grandmother.:)

coops
11-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Thanks to you all for your lovely and very kind comments and yes I am very proud of her. Thanks again:)

D Akey
11-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Fantastic! This painting's such a wonderful memento for her. Way better than a photo from the show.

It's funny indeed that she played the part so well, yet high fives the scary character upon exit. What a wonderful perspective on the stage experience, so young. Bet you didn't get that, grandma, that it's really just a man in costume and not a skeleton with wings. :eek::p:cool:

Between the accolades and the dancing paintings from her grandmother, and cheers from everybody else, and with all the other dancing round and about her, I would put a couple bob on her going the stage route as she gets older.

Which of course would serve your artistic ends, because it means you will have endless opportunities to have models to paint what with now 2 dancing granddaughters. . . if you can get them to hold still long enough. . . :rolleyes:;):D:D:):cool:

You guys don't celebrate it over there, but we've got the Thanksgiving Holiday over here on Thursday. And you're welcome to have yourself a bit of dinner, and the Spirit of it may not be so ghostly as to warrant a boney high five as your granddaughter got into. We do however find the wishbone which can lead to a wish granted if you have skill at cracking bones -- I think it was a tradition started by one of the pilgrim Chiropractors. I think that's how the legend goes, anyway.

Oh, if ever you sit down to Thanksgiving dinner with some American ex-pats, I'm going to speak to the etiquette here for a moment: just so you don't embarrass yourself at the meal, when you get a turkey leg, don't put leg warmers on it. . . The turkey could tell you this is not a rehearsal.

Anyway, with all your painting dancers, as your granddaughters continue their brilliant dancing, and you will be doing paintings of them, your artistic memory is going to get quite a work out. Go Girls Go Go Go!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing such a proud, stellar moment. Well painted.

shadowslake
11-27-2013, 08:09 AM
I have missed lots during my absence. I love your work more and more every time I see it. Happy u are doing well.

Hi to all my old friends.

coops
12-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Thank you so much dear Mr Akey, reading through your words gave me such enjoyment and I guess you could see how proud a Nana I am. Hope your thanksgiving went well and you didnt miss that turkey leg that I stole and ate under the table YUMMY. Thanks again dear friend:):):)
Thanks Shadowslake for your very kind comments and doing great here thanks:)

coops
12-02-2013, 12:49 AM

AT-TA
12-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Love the contrasts in lighting, depth and danzing figure is so expressive. Wonderful keepsake for sure,Coops.

D Akey
12-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Nice fall colors. It's as if she knows winter is around the corner and is reaching up to feel the last rays for a few months.

Nice technique with the soft tones and thin paint feeling their way into a form and then using some line to tie it down. With her eyes closed and body language, it's like a visual representation of a cross between feeling and reflecting. She seems to expressing the final leg of the year's journey before going into hibernation. I'm expecting in the next Act of this ballet, there will be snow maidens dancing through the glistening snow. Say howdy to Vivaldi for me. ;)

copespeak
12-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Simple, subtle and graceful! Lovely work as always. :)

stevemawmv
12-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi, Coops!
I certainly agree with all of our friends comments on your latest painting!
Just leaves me one thing to say!...'Beautifully done'!
'DITTO' just wasn't going to cut it!

Take Care, and thanks
for visiting my thread as well,
Steve

My Gallery:
http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45586-Stevemawmv

Caesar
12-02-2013, 09:54 PM
"Faintastic " and what a palette!

justjean
12-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Wonderful dream like quality to this beauty, Katie and I love your use of textures :)

kenmo
12-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Fantastic thread with wonderful images....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Hello again Katie, so wonderful to see your beautiful ladies again, really missed your paintings, wonderful work as always

coops
12-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Thank you so much AT-TA and its good to see you back.:)
Dear Mr Akey, Vivaldi says HI to you too. I always enjoy to much reading your insight into paintings. Thank you so much:)
Robyn, Steve and Cesare, always you are so generous with your kind comments:)
Jean, Ken and Pat, so happy that you like this one many thanks:)

coops
12-07-2013, 12:18 AM

stevemawmv
12-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Hello Coops,
Like the new one, as if she just finished her practice and now rethinking every move.
Beautifully Done!
Take Care,
Steve

eighty+
12-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Nah Steve. She's thinkin Corr my toes are naff sore. ;). :D :D :D :D. SLAINTE

copespeak
12-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Exceptional Katie! Very Degas. :)

AndreaMG
12-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Wow this one is golden, nice job as always!

limey-g
12-08-2013, 04:09 AM
I always have a soft spot for your ballerinas , love the texture you have worked into it.

Geoff

abbysdad
12-08-2013, 04:14 AM

Oh wow. That's great!

Caesar
12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Green and gold palette for a newborn feminine Degas! You show, as always, an extraordinary artistic sensibility and elegance (the right term would be leggiadria, but it's impossible to translate and evocate its sense in full into English).

Alexandra
12-11-2013, 03:53 AM
Dear Katie, your work is magical. I love these.

coops
12-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks to all of your for your wonderful comments, I really appreciate each and every one of them:)

Weeks
12-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Wow, Coops, marvelous !
Best,
Weeks

coops
12-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Thanks Weeks, you are very kind:)

justjean
12-14-2013, 12:56 AM
Katie, that is wonderful :D

pat1940
12-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Well Mrs Degas lol beautiful work

HarlequiNQB
12-15-2013, 10:20 AM
These are delightful :) Really like the direction you've gone in since I last saw your work Coops; beautiful stuff.

D Akey
12-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Have to say the Degas comment sorta nails it, especially with the last one you posted here. It's an intriguing moment of introspection, rather as if she is thinking back over what she just did and how she can improve it. I've seen athletes with a similar hands-on-hips downward look as they are catching their breath.

I love the subtle use of color over the green background. The minimalist approach feels as if there is a green atmosphere, which in reality is not likely, yet once in the world of interpretive dance, it suggests an overall character to the scene. Almost like the ratio between artist and art, or dancer and the world she's depicting that is filled with orchestral music, sets, lighting, story and other dancers. It's as if she is immersing herself in the moment, not unlike when in a pool wearing a mask and looking just below the surface -- she's in the water mostly, though she is not a water creature by nature, but she's examining the world which is in that realm knowing that to enter it she has to swim. I can see approaching a ballet with a similar 'in the wings' kind of stance.

Heck, just wait for you cue and dive in.

coops
12-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Thank you so much Jean, Pat and HarlequiNQB for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them:)
Dear Mr Akey, once again you amazed me with your insight and that you take so much time to write about the paintings here in the gallery. Thank you so much for your kind words:)

coops
12-18-2013, 03:45 AM
A GEISHA'S GARDEN OF DREAMS

Caesar
12-18-2013, 04:07 AM
Another best hit of Yours, dear Katie. A masterpiece for me!:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

stevemawmv
12-18-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi Coops,
I was enjoying the beautiful garden, and your wonderful burst of dreamy, fiery colors.
Then she appeared! The 'Geisha', in the amidst of her dream!
Very Well Done!
Happy Holidays,
Steve

copespeak
12-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Camouflaged in all that beautiful light and texture, and then I found her! Lovely. :)

D Akey
12-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Good comments.

I love the idea of wandering around a garden or forest and suddenly having my mind latch onto some creature whose presence revealed itself despite its protective coloration, moving ever so slightly and suddenly fitting into my awareness. I also think the idea of protective coloration in a very tightly ordered society in which certain qualities that were not safe to reveal would have many such denizens wandering about unnoticed.

Wonderful image. I never quite know what to expect from you Ms Coops but you never disappoint. At first blush it's a sort of decorative patina, a nice texture made up from bits and bobs. And as a second read, the brilliance of the painting reveals itself to be a woman in a kimono in a garden. She enters like a realization.

Fantastic as well as fun to process. Well done indeed Ms Coops!!!!!! Wow, there are other creatures as well, aren't there?

justjean
12-19-2013, 11:43 AM
A beautiful lady in a magical forest, wonderful painting and composition, Katie

coops
12-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Thank you so much dear Cesare:)
Steve, thanks for you wonderfully kind comments:)
Glad you found her Robyn, thanks for stopping by:)
Dear Mr Akey, I never know what to expect either but that the joy of Artrage. I took another look at the painting and YES I can see other things hiding there, thanks for your wonderful comments dear friend:)
Thanks Jean, you are as always so kind with your comments:)

jmac
12-22-2013, 05:59 AM
I like your work very much. The woman was a nice surprise I stumbled on while wandering around the textures and colors.

coops
12-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Thanks jmac, so happy you enjoyed my work:)

silvy
12-30-2013, 03:56 AM

Really a wonderful thread Katie, and this one is superb. Love texture and colors.:cool:

Alexandra
01-06-2014, 12:06 AM
They are all so rich, and always in your unique style Katie. Always a pleasure to view!

pat1940
01-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Dear Katie, what can I say, such a beauty and what wonderful colors, love it

coops
01-13-2014, 01:48 AM
Thanks Silvy, Sandy and Pat, as always you are so kind with your comments and I appreciate them very much:)

coops
01-13-2014, 01:53 AM

Marilyn Anne
01-13-2014, 02:39 AM
Your backgrounds are so exciting and interesting that it must be great fun to do them. The figure is interesting as it appears and then is hidden in the background. Always interesting to see what you do.

Weeks
01-13-2014, 04:27 AM
Wow, love the textures and palette...

Best,

Weeks

silvy
01-14-2014, 12:22 AM
A really nice and pleasant effect in this painting. Love colors and.....is there a secret white code on the left like Leonardo's?;):cool:
Is always a pleasure to see your artworks:)

AndreaMG
01-14-2014, 06:14 AM
A ballet dancer almost hidden in a wood. I like the dandelion flower's seeds (in Italy we call them "soffioni" - "blow flowers")!

stevemawmv
01-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Hey Coops,
How you doing?
I like these images slightly camouflaged within the scene, a blending of there and not.
As for the dandelions, not going to stop falling, a mere hand won't stop them from their
flight.
Nice one,
Steve

Caesar
01-14-2014, 06:51 AM
Sheer glamour and elegance!

justjean
01-15-2014, 01:22 AM
great colours and textures , Katie

copespeak
01-15-2014, 08:34 AM
She's there but she's not there! Very lovely as always. :cool:

coops
01-24-2014, 03:40 AM
Thanks Marilyn Anne, Weeks, Silvy,AndreaMG, Steve, Cesare, Jean and copespeak for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all. I do have lots of fun when I do these type of backgrounds as I never know what painting (if any) will occurr. Thanks again:)

D Akey
01-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Wow, Ms Coops. . . she looks a. . . why she brings tears (and redness) to my ey. . . ey. . . eye-chooo! She is glorious though she could be a misery to some.

Actually, I really love your continuing the lost and found nature of the shapes, a sort of nature spirit with a heavy emphasis on the environment, where she exists in that 'dimension' as it were. She seems the sort who we know is there dancing around in the forest or in a glade, but we can only see her by inference. I think animals might be able to see her. Certainly plants know when she's about. And you presented this "there and not there" form quite elegantly.

Beautiful skill in suggestion. But what else would one expect from a woman.

Rom__
01-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Это необычно и очень интересно! Спасибо!:)

coops
01-28-2014, 03:40 AM
Dear Mr Akey, once again you are so kind and generous with your comments, also the insight into paintings is always a delight to read. Thank you dear friend.:)
Thank you Rom you are very kind:)

kenmo
01-29-2014, 03:19 AM
Always a joy to view your masterful creations....:cool::cool::cool:

arturjutkowiak
01-29-2014, 04:22 AM
Welcome, your artistic way is all about a color - the subject really unknown to me;)

I love it!:)

coops
02-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Thank you so much Kenmo for your kind words:)
arturjutkowiak, glad you liked it and thanks for looking:)

coops
02-05-2014, 12:14 AM

Play around with backgrounds again, hope you enjoy this one:)

Caesar
02-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Dear Katie, I'm glad You resumed Your artful dance! Powerful and graceful at once.

stevemawmv
02-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Hello Coops,
Thought it was Marlene Dietrich, with brighter colors, but still with that top hat....
Nicely done, as always!
Take care,
Steve

copespeak
02-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Just spectacular! I really love the background... so clever. :)

AndreaMG
02-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Fantastic. Looks she's jumping/dancing inside the the internal mechanism of a watch... almost surreal :cool:

medwyn
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Loved them all!
I understand dance much more now...
Just wondering how a series of martial art moments would look like under your brushes. A different meditation but lots in common :)

eighty+
02-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello Madam Katie of the Moara. Thaks for the leg up. And yes your last one reminds me of

Snakes and ladders we played as kids z. :D:D:D. SLAINTE

justjean
02-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Katie, I wonder were you thinking of the movie Clockwork Orange as you painted the lovely painting :)

Marilyn Anne
02-07-2014, 01:41 AM
Exciting to see. A study in orange. So much imagination. Good for you!

silvy
02-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Really a lovely composition. Heat, energy and grace:)

coops
02-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Thank you so much Cesare:)
Robyn, AndreaMG, medwyn, dear Eighty, Jean, Marilyn Anne and Silvy, thanks for looking and your very kind comments:)

stevemawmv
02-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Coops....
You missed me again, starting to develop a complex, as if I don't already have enough.
Still like the painting though!
Take care,
Steve

pat1940
02-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Katie, such beautiful colors, always a pleasure to view

coops
02-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Thank you so much Pat:)
Oh dear me I am so sorry Steve it wasnt intentional honest. Thanks for always saying such nice things about my paintings:)

coops
02-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so what happened to Tarzan?????? lol

D Akey
02-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so what happened to Tarzan?????? lol

The green-eyed monster may be lurking in the jungle and you should worry, Jane, love. Ol' Tarzan's best mate's one swingin' Cheetah.

Great figure. Love the camouflage bikini. It's so B movie. . . But she's a honey. You captured a really attractive female of the species. David Attenborough would be proud his legacy lives on. Brava lassie!

Caesar
02-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I like so much this new declination of Your gorgeous camouflaging style where we have to tastefully discover what's in the marvellous fabric of Your dreams, dear Katie!
Maybe Tarzan "transgendered" or just "came out" LOL:o:D, which is the last fashionable and advantageous trend in some fields, after old times sex power and machist boasting. But the pendulum swings when it's out of a balance point. What's going to be next trend or fad now that everything's must be told, on show, too often because show (and lobbies as well) must go on and earn a greater market share where's comfortable to do? I'm waiting for the 2020 World Soccer Championship to see what will be on the stake next ....

stevemawmv
02-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coops, absolutely love it!
"What happened to Tarzan?"....He may be recovering from a mild case of jungle fever?
Nicely done,
Steve

AndreaMG
02-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Nice!!!!! Enchanting background and lovely contrast with the delicacy of her face :cool: Me Tarzan you Jane :D

HarlequiNQB
02-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Very nice coops :) Beautiful figure as near negative space. Works really well.

coops
02-16-2014, 11:58 PM
Dear Mr Akey, glad you liked her. I think Tarzan is lurking out there somewhere lol:)
Thanks Cesare for your lovely comments:)
Steve I guess it must be his day off hehehe:)
AndreaMG, the background came first then had to find something to put in there. Thanks for your comments:)
Thanks HarlequiNQB, you are very kind:)

pat1940
02-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Love these camouflaging pieces Katie, you do them so well and of course the colors are bright and beautiful

coops
02-20-2014, 04:20 AM
Thank you so much Pat, really appreciate your kind comments:)

coops
02-21-2014, 04:13 AM
SEA SIREN

eighty+
02-21-2014, 04:25 AM
No wonder. The Salors. Went mad. ;););). :D :D :D :D. SLAINTE

Caesar
02-21-2014, 04:33 AM
I always thought wet clothes on a lady were very evocative ... ;):o Marvellous underwatercolor!:cool:

AndreaMG
02-21-2014, 04:53 AM
She almost looks like dancing underwater. Fabulous :cool:

stevemawmv
02-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Beautiful creature, creatively done....
Not going to fall for her alluring songs though, going to stay the course and play it safe.
Nicely done as always!
Take care,
Steve

HarlequiNQB
02-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Fantastic! I especially like how you've gone with a blended look at the base of her skirt, fading it into the water. The whole image is lovely of course, but that seems especially well done.

justjean
02-21-2014, 02:30 PM
You never cease to amaze with your wonderful paintings, Katie, :):):):)

gxhpainter2
02-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Katie.. great colors and theme in this, I like the sense of danger the shark brings to it .

pat1940
02-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Katie, not only a beautiful painting but you always are able to title them appropriately, not my talent lol

copespeak
02-22-2014, 05:30 PM
She's scrumptious, and all that cool blue green water. Lovely! :)

sabena
02-23-2014, 03:20 AM
hi Coops your paintings are fascinanting you are a great artist

D Akey
02-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Sometimes Sirens aren't all bad. In fact, to me she has a little of the Katy Perry vibe. I'm expecting her to start singing in one of her fantasy music videos. And since I really like Katy Perry from what I've seen of her on talk shows, I this really like this lady. And I can imagine that the allure of her song would pull me straight onto the rocks with the rest of the sailors. Hope somebody salvaged the grog and a deck of cards.

Ah, pop fame does that to a girl I suppose. She pulls in so many, but to what end? Tough looking body guard tho. He's there for the mopping up operations for those who don't quite make it to shore.

She's remarkably appealing. Do you think I should go up to her and: "Yar. . . ye come 'ere often, wench? You look like a Pisces. So what's yer poison then, eh? Can I buy ye a flagon o' grog? We really gotta ditch ol' Finnagin there. . . Three's a crowd, wot?"

kenmo
02-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Fantastic updates Katie....

limey-g
02-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Well Katie love the use of colours you used in your latest painting, you are so good at using different shades of a similar colour.
Best wishes.
Geoff

coops
02-26-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks dear Eighty, glad you liked it now stay away from the sea:)
Cesare, thanks for your kind comments, no swimming today lol:)
Thanks Andrea:)
Best use earplugs Steve lol:)
You are very kind Harlequin:)
Jean and GXH thanks for looking and your lovely comments:)
Thanks Pat, Jean and Robyn for you comments I really appreicate them all:)
Dear Mr Akey, I think is you went with your comment "Yar. . . ye come 'ere often, wench? she would call in her helper Davy Jones and who knows what will happen then lol. Thanks for always taking the time to write such lovely comments:)
Many thanks Kenmo much appreciated:)
Geoff, thanks for much glad you like this one:)

Alexandra
02-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Dear Katie, always a pleasure viewing your wonderful oils.:):):)

SilverO
02-27-2014, 01:15 AM
ooh that Sea Siren is really gorgeous!

coops
02-27-2014, 01:22 AM
Thanks so much Sandy, its so good to see you back again:)
Really appreciate your comments SilverO:)

coops
02-27-2014, 01:24 AM
Messing about with backgrounds again and hope you like this one:)

SilverO
02-27-2014, 01:37 AM
I really like this one too. It's a geisha right?
The background fits well with the pattern of the clothing she's wearing:)

eighty+
02-27-2014, 02:27 AM
Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara naey E cried she would B looking better if in the nuddy ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Marilyn Anne
02-27-2014, 02:46 AM
Lush and elegant. Beautifully done!

D Akey
02-27-2014, 04:55 AM
I love how you integrate with or relate the figure to the background. It really holds the piece together as a complete vision. Also the way you use the colors and shapes is excellent. Also also. . . love the very elongated figure. Very elegant. Fabulous colors. Would make a fantastic calendar page. And of course, I defer to the gentleman from Brighton Beach. . . we should check to see if she looks good nude. My fear is that her skin will have that dappled background texture and it would be like body paint. . . But do it for Mr Ploos. I think he's got some bills that have been weighing him down to slip into her g-string. Do it for Art.

gxhpainter2
02-27-2014, 06:42 AM
Katie, our friend D Akey has stated it well, I love the way you integrate your figures into beautiful , rich backgrounds, this one is especially nice, love the warm colors and long lyrical lines of her figure..:cool::cool:

kenmo
02-27-2014, 07:40 AM
Love it Katie....:cool:

stevemawmv
02-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Really like this Coops, fantastic colors....
This lady isn't hiding within the scene, hoping she will turn around
and give us a shy look one day?
Nicely done...
Take care,
Steve

copespeak
02-27-2014, 10:44 AM
She is just delicious and the background is so lush, they just go together very well. Lovely work, as always!

Caesar
02-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Formidable background, but also the subject illustration! This would be marvellous on a paper sliding door or on a wall like those once in Japanese houses ...

AndreaMG
02-28-2014, 02:20 AM
Oh this one is gorgeous :cool: but please tell us what those kanji mean :D

Caesar
02-28-2014, 02:57 AM
Dear Andrea, maybe I can solve the quiz. It looks like traditional chinese and should mean the following ...;). (愛 , 和平)

AndreaMG
02-28-2014, 03:37 AM
You even know the Chinese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks :D P.S. You should add it as a tatoo to the weird smoking lady that we both know :cool:

coops
02-28-2014, 04:22 AM
Thanks SilverO and Marilyn glad you liked it:)
You never know what might come your way dear Eighty, not nude this time but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)
Dear Mr Akey, you and Mr Ploos are a right mair. As I said to him you never never know. I like the idea of a calendar. Thanks for your lovely comments dear friend:)
Gxh, Kenmo and Steve I really appreciate your kind comments, thanks for looking:)
Robyn and Andrea so happy you like this one:)
Thanks Cesare for your lovely comments and that a great idea about the screen. The writing means , LOVE PEACE AND HARMONY, what a lovely thought if the world lived that way. Thanks again Cesare

coops
03-01-2014, 02:31 AM
Another playful background which I hope you like:)

eighty+
03-01-2014, 03:36 AM
Hello. Madam. Katie Of. the. Moara

Ho Ho. Ho quickly I dash when I saw your nue 1. But when I looked I was at loss as all

I could see was a inca idol At 1 sighting then as I been out in the SUNSHINE. Yes. Sunshine

Then my eye's. Began to focus to my. Surprise. There danced a Ballyrina ? I was Gobsmacked

As U can well imagine. :confused: ;). :D:D:D:D:D:D. . SLAINTE

Caesar
03-01-2014, 04:19 AM
It's all so marvellous, lovely and light, beyond artfully decorative and imaginative, that it would be also a fantastic advertisement poster for some tasty dietetic cheese;):o:D LOL... certainly more healthy than the fried bacon of HarlequinB (although I still like the latter more as food:))

stevemawmv
03-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Hi Coops,
Beautifully done, really like the background.....
By the way... saw this and thought of you, because of
the blending of image and background.

SFBalletCindy:http://api.ning.com/files/AgRqXkIt-BI*EOz0wa4MkO6fM8PuHxjHmGfa8crBGeDnhQUJ9fBo*lweiK3 I2xduNhqrYrcicaIiyObW-DzcXckN3IC8AvzY/CinderellaStanding600x400.jpg

Take care,
Steve

Marilyn Anne
03-01-2014, 09:34 AM
You could be a designer of fabric. Amazing effects.

pat1940
03-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Agree with Marilyn, great designer you could be Katie, lovely paintings

D Akey
03-02-2014, 05:47 PM
As if the heart of a dazzling ruby fitted on a gold necklace is ready to begin twinkling. . . as she was designed to do by some master jeweler, then given by a pasha to his lover as a sign of devotion. . .

Either that or the condition of the red shoes are creeping up her legs wherein she will be possessed and animated throughout the body -- I expect her to be breaking out of the tight rules of ballet very shortly into all forms of dance. The mind boggles with story possibilities. . .

Really super.

Alexandra
03-03-2014, 01:30 AM
LOVE IT, Katie, beautiful!

AndreaMG
03-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Breathtaking :cool: I like the background with that gorgeous fan :o

copespeak
03-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Designer of fabrics? Yes! Such a superb background. :cool:

justjean
03-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Katie, your Chinese lady and her beautiful background is lovely and brought to mind the figurines by Lladros and the last dancer shows the sparkle and the excitement of her dance :):):)

coops
03-05-2014, 01:45 AM
Stop dashing about dear Eighty dont want another bump on the head. Thanks for looking:)
Thanks for your lovely comments Cesare:)
Thanks for the lovely link Stevve, it is a great photo. Glad you liked this one:)
Pat and Marilyn, as always you are so generous with your comments:)
Dear Mr Akey, it always amazes me when I read your comments, such insight and humour is a gift. Thank you so much:)
Sandy, Andrea, Robyn and Jean, I really appreciate you lovely comments. :)

limey-g
03-05-2014, 03:59 AM
Hi Katie love the ballerina, you do such amazing backgrounds.
Geoff

coops
03-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Thanks Geoff so glad you liked this one.:)

coops
03-06-2014, 01:42 AM
Hope you enjoy this one :)

Caesar
03-06-2014, 02:37 AM
I must admit You were particularly enticing in Your past life, dear Katie. LOL:o;) Seriously this is another marvel where figure, attire and background mix and blend magically and expressively!

Marilyn Anne
03-06-2014, 02:56 AM
So lush and elegant! It captures the beauty of oriental silk.

justjean
03-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Gorgeous, :):):):):):):):)

AndreaMG
03-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Super, super, super! But is she crying? It must be Caesar's fault for sure! He must have broken her heart X)

stevemawmv
03-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Enchanting and seductive painting....
Love it, beautifully done!
Take care friend,
Steve

gxhpainter2
03-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Katie, I thought you were at your best with dancers in expressive backgrounds, but these past few especially this one are on a whole new level or artistic achievement.:cool::cool:..the it has richness and sophistication in it expressive texture and graceful figure and the way the intertwine... this is truly an exceptional work.

coops
03-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Thank you all so very very much for your wonderful comments, I really appreciate them all:)

eighty+
03-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Hi Madam Katie Of THE MOARA Wow She's about to Drop quick I better wash My Hands ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

coops
03-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Now now calm down dear Eighty, thanks for looking and your kind comments:)

D Akey
03-10-2014, 05:41 AM
Well, some folks choose the silk road. . . some choose the fur road. I think those people may have started as a naked baby on a bear skin rug in front of the fireplace -- you know, the pic in the family album that mom would always pull out to show your new date whilst you're late getting ready to go out. (Gee thanks mom!)

And now look at her. . . fur even lining the walls. Only thing missing is the naked. . . but story wise, that comes later in the chapter, or from the look on her face, she's looking back on how she got into the world of lavish gifts. . . and what she had to give up (sigh). . . the compromises, the intrigues. . . Such a novel pose (pun intended).

This is another in a cavalcade of your wonderful visual inventions. You're strikingly creative, Ms Coops. I never quite know what you'll have posted and what you've been up to in your creative "dances" in paint.

Write these novel tableaus, Ms Coops! Write them in pictograms (as you do). You've got a knack.

copespeak
03-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Yes, she does look like she's wearing fur... or warm brown mushrooms! Either way, she beautiful, and elegant as all your works are.

coops
03-13-2014, 12:56 AM
Dear Mr Akey, thank you once again for your wonderful, rich and enlightening comments. Its always a joy to read what you see and you are always so generous in sharing your talent with words. Thank you once again my friend:)
Thank you so much Robyn so glad you liked her:)

coops
03-14-2014, 02:17 AM
Hope you enjoy this one as so many peolpe have put me in water lately lol

theperceptor
03-14-2014, 02:43 AM
Way to dive into another one. Great perspective/ like the dark corner.

Caesar
03-14-2014, 03:14 AM
Right, dear Katie! I know at least a couple of them. Fortunately it wasn't for preparing a broth! :eek::o;)
Your underwater scenario painting here is just marvellous and I see You swim and dive as wonderfully as a mermaid.

AndreaMG
03-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Wow, the lighting and perspective are just perfect! :cool:

SilverO
03-14-2014, 09:46 AM
ooh that's really gorgeous.:D I like the colours you used (ooh jellyfish:p)

D Akey
03-14-2014, 04:28 PM
That's my kind of aquarium. Could watch it all day. Really nice underwater bluish colors. I can see you're a competitive swimmer because you kicked in when Caesar tossed you in the drink in your ballet kit. He was nice enough to give you a bathing cap though.

I wonder if the Olympic swimmers would swim faster or slower if we put a shark in the pool as you have here with your swim team girl. She's likely going for the gold. . . the pieces of eight in Davey Jones' locker. Or pearls. . . whatever, she'll have to move quick cause she ain't alone.

Alexandra
03-14-2014, 10:59 PM
I love these, excellent, Katie.:) x a million.

eighty+
03-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Hi Madam Katie Of the Moara ;) just keep away from thoes Flying mushrooms or you wont b able to do any Weeding for a couple of weeks ok ;) :D :D :D:D KIA ORA

copespeak
03-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Lovely cool ocean painting full of the most wonderful treasures. :cool:

jibes
03-15-2014, 06:11 AM
So beautiful Katie! You are a master painter!

coops
03-15-2014, 08:07 AM
Many thanks theperceptor, :)
Cesare you are a gentleman as always:)
AndreaMG and SilverO, thanks for your lovely comments:)
Dear Mr Akey, you are so witty. I did kick in but never kick out and I know if there was a shark about you wouldnt see me for jellyfish lol:) Thanks for your amusing comments:)
Thanks Sandy and xxx right back at you:)
Hi dear Eighty, if there were flying mushrooms in the garden I would catch em and grill them with eggs and bacon:):):)
Glad you enjoyed this one Robyn:)
Thats so kind of you to say Jibes:)

stevemawmv
03-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Absolutely beautiful! Of course with my imagination.. I' am peering through Capt. Nemo's viewport
onboard the Nautilus, utterly fascinated and amazed with all the sights to behold!
Really like this Coops!
Spot-on!.... Colors and everything....
Take care friend,
Steve

coops
03-18-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks Steve your comments are always appreciated and I really like the thought Of Capt. Nemo:)

pai
03-18-2014, 07:49 AM
hello Katie, loving this thread so much with your continuously passion in painting the ballet dancer and their passion and spirit of being a dancer. I can see more and more in your latest paintings. Every single one is so unique mood and different color palette, brush strokes and different story behind them. My favorites are your beginning Orange palette of Ballet2aFour series. Loving your brush strokes to feeling the flow of the movement. Then, The underwater series, Sea Siren with the dolphins and your last one, A Long Way Down. Beautiful paintings. :):)

coops
03-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks you so much Pai for all your lovely comments.:)

coops
03-18-2014, 08:41 PM

mannafig
03-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Dear Katie your dancers are all absolutely stunning.

Caesar
03-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Wonderful! I thought that only insects could be found into amber, but this creature seems a little bigger and more charming than a butterfly ... ;):D

justjean
03-19-2014, 03:13 AM
Oooh a fire dance ballerina... LOVELY

stevemawmv
03-19-2014, 03:41 AM
Katie....
This is a beautiful painting! You've captured the Spirit of her dance for
an eternity! Be it in a stone, or on a stage.
fantastic!
Take care friend,
Steve

copespeak
03-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Such rich earthy tones and textures, and she's very mysterious!

AndreaMG
03-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Wow awesome, she looks like floating into the air with such a grace. I do like every much how you painted her face, the profile slightly blurred, her ear, the closed eyes, the flowing hair... Just perfect and it has an almost manga look to it. Applause :cool:

Alexandra
03-19-2014, 02:34 PM
As usual, Katie, an amazing painting painted freely from the heart.
So romantic with the reds, intense, and yet serine and peaceful. That is amazing to be
able to accomplish all of these qualities in one painting. Love it! Wow!

coops
03-20-2014, 01:53 AM
Thank you all for your wonderfully kind comments, I really appreciate each and every one of them:)

coops
03-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Hope you enjoy this one:):):)

Caesar
03-29-2014, 02:02 AM
What a fantastic painting and thrilling atmosphere! I knew You were an aquatic girl, but I didn't expect You would bathe in the moonlight .... unless You're a she-werewolf! :eek::cool:LOL:o:D I guess You're wearing most elegant high heel flippers underwater ...LOL:o:D

stevemawmv
03-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Dear Katie....
This painting is absolutely stunning! Fantastic job with the atmospheric effects, love the moon and the reflections!
And I am not going to forget to mention the curious little coy fish.... I understand that her shyness is preventing
her right now of turning around and revealing herself...I can wait, maybe she will be in a future painting? Or she
already has?
Love this painting!
Take car friend,
Steve

jibes
03-29-2014, 06:14 AM
A lovely painting Katie! I think it's a great composition.
Your Painting Amber is Beautiful too!

Ostogar
03-29-2014, 06:19 AM
I love this atmosphere

(Corot is back from the end of the forest)

pat1940
03-29-2014, 06:42 AM
Katie, what a great atmosphere, so serene and mysterious, love that big ole moon

copespeak
03-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Just gorgeous Katie! You have reminded me of the joys of skinny dipping at night!

AndreaMG
03-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Stratospheric :cool:

silvy
03-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Beautiful scenery!
Great mood in background painting.....simply outstanding work:):cool::)

SilverO
03-29-2014, 09:35 AM
A really beautiful painting! The moon immediately caught my eye. I love how you painted it and the light around it:D

D Akey
03-29-2014, 10:20 AM
She is playing coy again and muckin' about. . . What won't she do to fill an evening, eh?

I particularly like this one Ms Coops. It's got a whole lot of dream woven into it. It's as if the river went and got a tattoo of his best girl right smack on his arm.

justjean
03-29-2014, 05:04 PM
A lovely painting with a beautiful mood, Katie

hildee
03-30-2014, 10:55 AM
So beautiful, Katie! What brushes did you use? Hope this hasn't been asked before, haven't read all the pages :)

Alexandra
03-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Wow, another fantastic painting, Katie.
I love this.

eighty+
03-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Hllo Madam Katie Of The Moara So Thats were you've been this last few Day's Skinny Dipping I would have thought it would be to cold in Hull ;) :D:D:D:D:D KIA ORA