PDA

View Full Version : Technique and general feedback

Newtoeverything
10-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Hello everyone

I'm new to Artrage and new to painting. I can't draw to save my life but I do love working with colour and shapes. And I think Artrage is fantastic - so much freedom to experiment without fuss and mess.

I'm attaching one of the paintings I did recently and I'm just wondering if anyone can comment on the general technique. I think some of the brush strokes are quite heavy, perhaps too much paint loading? Any feedback or tips would be gratefully received!

Thank you for taking the time. :)

maikel_ruiz
10-26-2013, 01:05 AM
I know nothing about painting, but I love the colors you've used... Well done

Niloc
11-02-2013, 11:58 AM
I like it too as it's unique

symson
11-04-2013, 04:58 AM
I barely see any brushstrokes. Nothing looks heavier than anything else to me. I have trouble commenting on the technique.

jacobjackson
05-16-2014, 10:21 PM
I liked the color combination what technique have you used.

kumbuu
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Nice amalgam of colours.:cool:

jmac
07-01-2014, 08:52 AM
I like your combination of color. If I had one critical comment it would be that to my eye the canvas texture overpowers the paint. The first thing I notice is the texture more than the color and my eye is drawn back to the texture more than wandering around the color.
This may be more a matter of personal taste. I am not an abstract painter but I would like to see the texture toned down, possibly even varied through out the piece.