PDA

View Full Version : dump dump dump! :)

witcrack
09-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Hello all.

First time posting in this section, I hope I'm doing it right.

Here's something i have done. They are quickies or sketches, but i don't have any intention to work on them further, so it's not WIPs. I hope i am posting this to the right place. Admin can move this thread if i made a mistake.

So ... here goes nothing:

Let me know what you think :)

D Akey
09-26-2013, 09:12 AM
I think you posted in the right section, unless you want to start your own gallery which is all about showing off all your work in a section devoted only to each artist individually. . . assuming they still have that section on this site. Doubtless somebody would know.

As to the art, I think you have looked at some good artists. It's as if you've had a training in genre art. You show facility within that realm. I assume that's your specialty or want it to be, since you're showing three distinct styles within that category. Nice signature. Good luck to you.

Alexandra
09-27-2013, 03:21 AM
Wow, great work!

Docsmith626
09-27-2013, 04:15 AM
I think you would be a great success at illustrating webcomics or graphic novels. You've already created some memorable characters. :D

jibes
09-27-2013, 04:16 AM
Beautiful work. A pro fo sho!

Henry Stahle
09-27-2013, 07:59 AM
I really think these are great stuff. Especially the girl. Posing = just right, line art = just right, colouring = just right. Ready for a pin up on every boys wall!

witcrack
09-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you, thank you for the warm welcome and supports.

D Akey: Not sure what Genre Art is, even after i looked it up. Lol. My art history are just not good. So, what do you mean when you say that I show some facility in that realm and have three styles that fits in that category? :D Just curious :). I've seen you around the forum giving useful comments, so... could you please explain a bit more? Hehe. Oh and thanks for the compliment and show of support :)

So here's some more stuffs:

I did a series for my friends' wedding, here's for the invitation (the final version was laid out in Xara)

and here's for the displays, my friend was a big golden age fan so he want a Leyendecker spin-off:
77160 :D

He also a big Japanese RPG fan, so:

and here's something more daily:

It was a bit rushed at the end, but i am still satisfied with these. But please, tell me your opinion. I welcome criticisms so just be honest pls :)

SCP
09-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Wow Wonderful works witcrack !! Love them all.Your Japanese RPG fan art is Fantastic !:cool::cool:;)

Caesar
09-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Welcome and congrats for Your various works and styles ...

coops
10-01-2013, 02:25 AM
I have so enjoyed looking through your work, love the dancers:)

Mick CrocKode
10-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Welcome witcrack, I realy enjoyed discovering your work. Please continue posting new ones... in that section, yes.

D Akey
10-04-2013, 03:28 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you, thank you for the warm welcome and supports.

D Akey: Not sure what Genre Art is, even after i looked it up. Lol. My art history are just not good. So, what do you mean when you say that I show some facility in that realm and have three styles that fits in that category? :D Just curious :). I've seen you around the forum giving useful comments, so... could you please explain a bit more? Hehe. Oh and thanks for the compliment and show of support :)

Well, it's a publishing reference in which publishers think of work in categories where they will exist on the shelves in book stores. So to them, books are categorized as genres, and genres cover nearly everything. The link is a broad description of all genres:
http://www.publishingquestions.com/booktext/genres.html

But the way I meant it, and the way it's often used was meaning the categories of Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror and/or Graphic Novels/Comic Books.

Certainly one who focuses on that sort of thing can cross over to other categories, but I've seen similar styles to yours existing in those areas. And often artists and especially writers once they develop a following in a particular genre will have to use a pen name when doing other categories of writing. It's a marketing thing. When there is a name for a line of books, like the Hardy Boys' author Franklin W Dixon, was in fact written by several different writers who they assigned that name to for that line of books.

Illustrators work within that realm as well, but I think they are less likely to have to change their working names. However, they often build up an audience who will follow them if they are doing the same kind of style they got famous for. And thus the people who hire artists will take that into consideration when pairing them with writers.

There's a lot of money to be made in genre work.

witcrack
10-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Sorry for not replying in a long time but thanks for all the compliments guys. It's a real delight to read them :) Just so everyone know, i welcome critiques as well.

DAkey: Oh that. Yeah i kinda am into those genres and, especially these days, i'm sooo into money! lol :D Anyway, thanks for elaborating. It's nice to gain new knowledge every now and then. You're cool :)

so, here's more from me...

some character design:

doodles:

and a portrait based on a photograph:
here's the original photo: http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://www.womenthatrock.net/LizPhair/lizpic2.jpg < not mine.

Caesar
10-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Your works look eclectic and always professional quality, even at sketch stage. Congrats.

coops
11-01-2013, 12:27 AM
More great work, a delight to view, well done:)

witcrack
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
coops and caesar: Thanks for your support, mates :)

-

Soo, I made a video. :D It's still a test and it's only for show for now, not very entertaining at that. i know. lol. I'll try to make other videos with commentary and all, i still have to find a subject that fits. For now, check this out and give me feedback if you can. I kinda need that :)

http://youtu.be/EfFidy9rCUE

limey-g
11-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Wow great work and such a variety, I too really like the dancers, the look of enjoyment you have created in their faces is just perfect.
Geoff

D Akey
11-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Great video. Very insightful in how some of the features work as well, or at least how and for what purpose to use them. Love the palette, love the resizing. You demonstrate a lot of clarity about how to work color in your 'drawing' to make it like a really nice cross between painting and drawing. Great direct style.

Enjoyed watching it a lot. And the speed of the video really moved the information forward without it dragging, closer to the speed of thinking through a pic. Definitely sidesteps the boredom factor that a lot of video demos fall to.

So in real time, about how long would you say this took you?

Thanks for posting this.