Hello there!
My name is Eline.
And these are some of my drawings :)

Docsmith626
09-10-2013, 02:51 AM
Very Good!

D Akey
09-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Love it! I particularly like the jellyfish. The portrait and the sketch below it are also very good. They remind me of travel journal sketches.
Well done!

screenpainter
09-11-2013, 10:05 PM
great stuff. love the style in your portraits.

Caesar
09-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Welcome! You're very talented for sure!

copespeak
09-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Beautiful work Eline! Wonderful jellyfish. I especially like the white shirt one. :cool:

Alexandra
09-12-2013, 10:18 PM
very good!

coops
09-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Very nice work, well done:)

SilverO
09-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Beautiful work Eline! Wonderful jellyfish. I especially like the white shirt one. :cool:

hehe ;)

Thanks for the nice comments ^^

stuart2
09-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Eline
I too like all three but I love the jellyfish, the orange and blue work so well together. I hope to see more of your work..Well done..Stuart

SilverO
09-18-2013, 08:17 AM
I approached this one differently, I usually draw the outlines first and then coloured it in. This time I didn't draw any lines and just painted :D
I used a reference picture of Holland Roden. (she's an actress). The folds on her shirt were really a challenge and don't get me started on the hands :eek:

D Akey
09-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Adorable pose with lots of personality captured in this one! Fantastic.

Even though the photo you worked from probably didn't show it, in this painting version you may want to turn the planes of the leg and knee just to help define the form a little.

But this is great. Very youthful feel to her. Also love the hat! Great graphic element. And it says a lot about her personality as do her very expressive eyes. Well done you!

Caesar
09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
This approach too seem to fit Your capabalities pretty well! Very good and natural portrait!

SilverO
09-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Adorable pose with lots of personality captured in this one! Fantastic.

Even though the photo you worked from probably didn't show it, in this painting version you may want to turn the planes of the leg and knee just to help define the form a little.

But this is great. Very youthful feel to her. Also love the hat! Great graphic element. And it says a lot about her personality as do her very expressive eyes. Well done you!

Thanks for the tip, I could try painting the knee a bit, now It does kind of look flat.

SilverO
09-20-2013, 03:26 AM
Repainted it a bit, think It looks better now :)

SilverO
09-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Dark!Harry potter fanart

coops
09-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Great work once again, well done:)

SilverO
10-15-2013, 03:50 AM
I saw a photo of Nathalie Dormer on the 'net and really liked the colours in it and the hat;)
It's a quicky :D

coops
10-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Nicely done:)

Caesar
10-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Nice people and fine portraits. Family members?

D Akey
10-16-2013, 02:15 AM
I agree. The knee works better with the extra detail. Well done!

Love the Harry Potter pic and the next on of the girl. You have a way with portraits. You definitely get a feeling into them, along with a whole lot of personality. Great stuff!

SilverO
10-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Nice people and fine portraits. Family members?

They're all actrices, even though they don't look like it? :D The first one is Holland Roden, the second one is referenced from Natalie Dormer.

Thanks =D

jibes
10-16-2013, 04:03 PM
All very well done SilverO!

stevemawmv
10-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Hello, Eline
I like that you've got various styles that you're practicing with! They all have the're own uniqueness to them that sets them apart!
Like them all!!!
I'am new too, Think we've signed onto a friendly, helpful community here!
Steve

SCP
10-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Silver0 you have some really nice works here.Not sure if you use the "h" key to flip your work this can really help with spotting errors in your work,I use the "h" key all the time.
We get use to seeing our work from one side and miss little things.This might be helpful when you know something isn't quite right with your image,but can't put your finger on it.
Great job and keep drawing and painting!:D;)

SilverO
10-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Hi Silver0 you have some really nice works here.Not sure if you use the "h" key to flip your work this can really help with spotting errors in your work,I use the "h" key all the time.
We get use to seeing our work from one side and miss little things.This might be helpful when you know something isn't quite right with your image,but can't put your finger on it.
Great job and keep drawing and painting!:D;)

Oh thanks, I didn't know that, I'm almost afraid to flip them because I'll probably see lots of errors :D

SilverO
10-22-2013, 06:53 AM
I've been reading a supernatural fan fiction, this is sort of a illustration loosely based on it:)
I love drawing jellyfish

D Akey
10-22-2013, 09:28 AM
For your jellies I'll make a toast. . . Well done you! They're such an image for shape shifting denizens of the unconscious -- like little conscious inkblot tests for bandying about free associations. . . with stingers. . .:rolleyes:

Nice luminosity, almost like day-glo images from a black light poster.

SilverO
11-24-2013, 12:00 PM
I didn't have a lot of time to draw the last few weeks, had to get into it again :D
A little cute sketchy fox (ref used)

stevemawmv
11-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Eline,
Glad to see you back!...
I like it!
Don't stay gone so long!
Take Care,
Stevemawmv
P.S.
Your image isn't loading, had to click on it!
Maybe just my computer?

AndreaMG
11-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Good job! It reminds me the lovely movie "Le renard et l'enfant" (The Fox and the Child)...

Caesar
11-25-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't know what's the story, but the man in the last illustration with donkey's ears made me think of a classical Latin writer, Apuleius, and his Golden Donkey (or The Metamorphoses), but also of Pinocchio ... Nice image and the jelly fish is a cute pet or mascotte although You would not appreciate caressing it ... LOL:o

SilverO
12-16-2013, 05:24 AM
Good job! It reminds me the lovely movie "Le renard et l'enfant" (The Fox and the Child)...

Thanks. I googled It looks like a nice movie. Foxes are so cute

I don't know what's the story, but the man in the last illustration with donkey's ears made me think of a classical Latin writer, Apuleius, and his Golden Donkey (or The Metamorphoses), but also of Pinocchio ... Nice image and the jelly fish is a cute pet or mascotte although You would not appreciate caressing it ... LOL:o

Thanks, lol he could be immune to the jelly fish, tbh I thought the drawing looked a bit empty so I added the jelly fish to fill the space a bit :D

abbysdad
12-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Dark!Harry potter fanart

I really like the lighting you used here. Good job!

SilverO
12-19-2013, 09:37 AM
@abbysdad

A sketch I made today. I liked the combinating with the black bg and the white pencil lines. It's naruto fanart ^^

From last week. They're kinda weird xD much overuse of the frost blending tool, but it gives such a nice effect.

D Akey
12-19-2013, 10:04 AM
What would be really fun sometime, if you want to make a joke for your friends who are also into fan art, or gaming or whatever you do, is to have these printed out onto a paper and fold them like a fan, clip the bottom and thus create fan art as fan art. People will look at you as you are using one fanning yourself, and when they ask, you stretch it open and reveal "fan art" and go back to fanning. Might be fun for the more whimsical. Could even give out a few as little gag gifts, or for real gifts. Only mind the cost of all the ink :eek: Could also do versions with no background color to save cost.

I found a video of the kind I remember as a lad. Very inexpensive. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcvvhjGU1E0

SilverO
12-19-2013, 11:20 AM
omg I watched that video and suddenly felt like 8 years old again.:cool:
thanks for the suggestion haha :p

justjean
12-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Great painting and I love the one of Harry Potter :D

SilverO
12-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Great painting and I love the one of Harry Potter :D

thanks it's my favourite as well :)

SilverO
12-24-2013, 11:21 AM
This will be the last one for 2013 probably. Happy Holidays everyone :cool:

AT-TA
12-24-2013, 12:38 PM
I like the fox sketch very much SilverO, lovely sketch.

AndreaMG
12-25-2013, 02:48 AM
This will be the last one for 2013 probably. Happy Holidays everyone :cool: Wow, that's mimetism!Nice! Merry Xmas to you as well!

SilverO
12-29-2013, 09:02 AM
@AT-TA
thanks

@AndreaMG
What does mimetism mean? I don't understand. It's probably good right :o

I drew a cute cat today
Why are they so hard to draw, atleast this looks half decent.
I tried another one aswell but that looked awful :p

AndreaMG
12-29-2013, 09:11 AM
@AndreaMG
What does mimetism mean? I don't understand. It's probably good right :o

Well, of course it was nice! I was referring to the funny guy with the mushroom hat among the leaves, I was just speculating it might have been some sort of camouflage:D:D Nice cat by the way:p

SilverO
12-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Oh I see, yeah it's totally a camouflage:p lol

haha thanks :D

silvy
12-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Your drawing are really very nice: the cat and the jellyfish are the ones that I prefer:)

SilverO
12-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Your drawing are really very nice: the cat and the jellyfish are the ones that I prefer:)

Thanks
I think the jellyfish is probably my fav drawing of the whole year.
It's easier for me to draw animals, but I really want to get better at drawing people

AndreaMG
12-31-2013, 09:00 PM
I drew a cute cat today
Why are they so hard to draw, atleast this looks half decent.
I tried another one aswell but that looked awful :p
It's not awful, it looks like the cat in Miyazaki's superb movie "My Neighbor Totoro"!

stevemawmv
12-31-2013, 10:20 PM
I like the cat!
But I have a different spin on this!
When I first saw it, visions of Lewis Carrol came to mind!
'Cheshire Cat' from Alice in Wonderland......
That's because I missed seeing initially, It's cute little mouth!
Meow..Meow!
Nice Kitty!
Take Care,
Steve

SilverO
01-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Hope everyone had a good new year:) My new year resolutions are to draw a lot more

@AndreaMG
Thanks. I was talking about my first attempt
It doesn't look all that bad looking now^^

I so need to see that movie again. haha

@stevemawmv
Yeah his mouth kinda disappeared there
thanks ^^

Saw The Hobbit on Sunday.The braids gave me a bit of trouble and they still don't look right
How can something that looks so simple be so hard to draw.
Happy with this one. Maybe I should have made him smile more, he looks so serious:p

stevemawmv
01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Love the new cat, not that I didn't love the earlier one....
This one's more refined and looks less curious about us looking at him/her!
Yeah, watched the Hobbit as well, as for making him smile more....
may need a few more plates of food in front of him?

Take Care,
Steve

D Akey
01-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Hope everyone had a good new year:) My new year resolutions are to draw a lot more

@stevemawmv
Yeah his mouth kinda disappeared there
thanks ^^

Saw The Hobbit on Sunday.The braids gave me a bit of trouble and they still don't look right
How can something that looks so simple be so hard to draw.
Happy with this one. Maybe I should have made him smile more, he looks so serious:p

Hahahaha. Love it!

SilverO
01-06-2014, 03:57 AM
@stevemawmv yeah maybe I should have given him something so eat :D

@ D Akey thanks

Reference used from a screenshot. I really liked the purple colors in it.
The neck and the shirt could've been done better, but I want to start on something else so:cool:

AndreaMG
01-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Hi there, nice new entries! I recently managed to see the first Hobbit movie in 3D and I liked it a lot, I hope this one is at the same level. Cheers:D

SilverO
01-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Hi there, nice new entries! I recently managed to see the first Hobbit movie in 3D and I liked it a lot, I hope this one is at the same level. Cheers:D

Thanks^^
Yeah the movie is just as good as the first one. It also had really funny moments especially with bombur.:p

stevemawmv
01-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi SilverO,
This is very well done, like the colors as well, and his expression!
This one fits nicely with the earlier portraits you posted. And for me,
this road would be explored alittle more, you've got something going
on here, which I would like to see more of.
Nicely done!
Take care,
Steve

D Akey
01-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Love the painting of that young gentleman. Your style is perfect for how he looks -- hands on, personal voice, romantic. Good one again!!!

silvy
01-07-2014, 02:51 AM
It's easier for me to draw animals, but I really want to get better at drawing people

I think you're on the right track:D
Very nice new entries, dwarf too;)

Caesar
01-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Well, it looks like You found Steve's cat, a fat dwarf and a handsome fiancé! Great paintings! Congrats!

SilverO
01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
@stevemawmv thanks. I will practice more in that direction:)

@ Akey Thank you :)

@silvy thanks, glad you like the dwarf ;)

Well, it looks like You found Steve's cat, a fat dwarf and a handsome fiancé! Great paintings! Congrats!

omg:D totally not my fiancé I wish.:p He's an actor from a tv show called Teen Wolf: Tyler Hoechlin and very attractive:o
haha thanks

HarlequiNQB
01-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Really liking these last couple of entries, but to be honest I like the jelly fish right at the start of the thread most of all - The really clean colours and shapes make it really eye catching.

SilverO
01-11-2014, 08:07 AM
Really liking these last couple of entries, but to be honest I like the jelly fish right at the start of the thread most of all - The really clean colours and shapes make it really eye catching.

Thanks, the jelly is one of best thing's I've drawn;)

Hope you like this one as well, I feel like watching The Lion King again:p

stevemawmv
01-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Great job!
Love how you've painted Zazu, fun character, I'm quite sure
he would be pleased!
Nicely done!
Take Care,
Steve

HarlequiNQB
01-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Oh, that's also fantastic. Mr. Bean as a bird :)

Caesar
01-12-2014, 04:21 AM
King Lion I guess! Very good!

AndreaMG
01-12-2014, 07:04 AM
I love it, love it, love it. Now it's Timon and Pumbaa's turn!:D

coops
01-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Great portrait and perfect colours, also think the angry bird is lovely well done:)

Weeks
01-13-2014, 04:50 AM
Ahaha, love it too.

Best,

Weeks

SilverO
01-13-2014, 08:53 AM
I love it, love it, love it. Now it's Timon and Pumbaa's turn!:D

haha thanks, that is the plan :D

Oh, that's also fantastic. Mr. Bean as a bird :)

O god now that you mention it :O

thanks everyone:)

SilverO
01-17-2014, 09:25 AM
I tried drawing Timon and Pumba but they didn't turn out all too wel ;)
so here is Abby from the tv show Sleepy Hollow:cool:
resolution is a bit small :confused: oh well

damasocl
01-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Congratulations!!!

I love your style!

Weeks
01-18-2014, 02:12 AM
SilverO, great job.

Best,

Weeks

stevemawmv
01-18-2014, 05:59 AM
I like this as well, good one!
I'm looking for the show, haven't seen it...
Take care,
Steve

SilverO
01-18-2014, 10:26 AM
@damasocl thanks glad you the style;)

@Weeks thanks ^^

I like this as well, good one!
I'm looking for the show, haven't seen it...
Take care,
Steve

thanks. It's a good show, sometimes a bit boring, perfect for drawing and watching at the same time:p

vvioletx
01-18-2014, 03:16 PM
very nice drawings!:D

AndreaMG
01-18-2014, 11:47 PM
I tried drawing Timon and Pumba but they didn't turn out all too wel ;)
You give up to soon:p, the bird is fantastic, it deserves some company;)

SilverO
01-23-2014, 07:37 AM
@AndreaMG

I do have a habit of giving up too soon :X

I did a Hannibal marathon monday (the tv show) and was inspired. :) The hair was a bit of a struggle:eek:

I've been a bit sick the last few days, these are some of the things I've been working last weekend but didn't finish:p or lost interests to.

stevemawmv
01-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Hey SilverO,
I like your "doodles"....
And I don't stay on one until the finish either, always got a few going at once.
You can always go back to them and finish them if you want!

But I got to say....doing these are good practice, you start picking up new ideas,
new techniques and learning something new from each one.
Have fun with them,
and keep them coming!
Hope you feel better...
Take care,
Steve

Caesar
01-23-2014, 09:16 PM
You really have a tasty and effective style, very personal and apparently Your works are not the polished outcomes of some stiff and boring process. Congrats!
I've no idea what a Hannibal marathon on tv may be like, but I noticed that one of the guy You portraid seems to be unaware that his wife had some good time and fun without him ... LOL:o;) ... unless he applied for a job with Santa Klaus. LOL:p;)

coops
01-24-2014, 03:23 AM
A lot of fine work, well done:)

SilverO
01-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Hey SilverO,
I like your "doodles"....
And I don't stay on one until the finish either, always got a few going at once.
You can always go back to them and finish them if you want!

But I got to say....doing these are good practice, you start picking up new ideas,
new techniques and learning something new from each one.
Have fun with them,
and keep them coming!
Hope you feel better...
Take care,
Steve

thanks
I always use to start something and finish it and then move on to something else, but you're right maybe it's better to work on some things at a time:)
I learned a few things with them and it very good for ideas. I'll probably do more. I'm feeling better thanks, it was a nasty cold.

You really have a tasty and effective style, very personal and apparently Your works are not the polished outcomes of some stiff and boring process. Congrats!
I've no idea what a Hannibal marathon on tv may be like, but I noticed that one of the guy You portraid seems to be unaware that his wife had some good time and fun without him ... LOL:o;) ... unless he applied for a job with Santa Klaus. LOL:p;)

Thanks :) I do try something different every time to not go into a bit of a slump :D
A Hannibal marathon is basically sitting at your computer watching episode after episode and hoping that the season finale is not too painful:p
His wife didn't really run away, he just got framed for murder and is going slightly insane :rolleyes::D It's great:cool:

@coops Thanks:)

D Akey
01-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Lovely.

I could see the one stag with that fine set of antlers having a confounding time of wearing a hat without it looking like it's hanging on a hat tree.

Sorry you're not feeling up to snuff. But these are pretty nice pics. If you can do that when you're feeling poorly, I can't wait for when you're feeling fit.

Nice stuff!

SilverO
02-08-2014, 10:40 AM
thanks D Akey :)

Made this one for the artrage contest on deviantart :)
Reference used from a picture of Felicia Day

AndreaMG
02-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Very good likeness. Good luck with the contest! ;)

SilverO
02-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Thanks I might have stared at it for too long, I wasn't even sure she looked like it any more;)
Glad you think so!

Caesar
02-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Really fine work. I hope it was duly appreciated in the contest.

stevemawmv
02-10-2014, 12:21 PM
It's very good, I like it....
I'm trying to limit my staring when painting, just keep finding more things that can be done differently
and usually ending up with a different painting then I first imagined , also prolongs getting to the next one.
I really think we are our harshest critics.
Good job and good luck,
Steve

SilverO
02-11-2014, 05:18 AM
thanks Caesar We shall see;)

thanks Steve That's so true:)

It also helps to take a break from it for a few hours and then you can get a clear look at it.
You don't want to see the first sketch of the painting, I was so sure it looked good
and then I got back from work and was like :confused: It looked so distorted

Marilyn Anne
02-12-2014, 09:02 AM
I get new views when I send it from my iPad to my desktop monitor . Usually a surprise.

D Akey
02-12-2014, 03:50 PM
She would stand out in a crowd alright. She looks super dynamic. I quite like the image. Fires me up. So what's her super power?

SilverO
02-25-2014, 06:11 AM
@Marilyn Anne Anne thanks
@D Akey Thanks Her Super power is being awesome :D

I painted another portrait over the weekend, there still some things that look off and ugly, but I might try it again some other time.
Actress is Gaga Golightly who plays Erica on Teen Wolf.(awesome tv-show btw);)
She kinda looks like an evil witch :eek:

I thought it was an interesting picture so I painted it.:p

AndreaMG
02-25-2014, 08:43 AM
I like them both but I have to say that the highway painting is crazy good! :cool:

D Akey
02-25-2014, 09:51 AM
I also quite like the road one. Very effective how you thickened the paint and extended it past the photo's borders making it look like a sketch from someone's travels. Has both the quality of a memento as well as a personal artistic voice. Far more interesting than the photo since we see photos so often and they are a bit more about how we would feel were we there in that place. Photos can have an emotional charge naturally. But this one feels to me more like this particular everyday photo could be seen as mundane as a commute to work through dim weather. I don't want to particularly go out in it. It's informational (not having a particular story context).

Your painting however gives it a very appealing vision of seeing the beauty in the everyday. It communicates enthusiasm and a very upbeat attitude and that I am looking through the eyes of someone who can infuse anything with joyous possibilities. No matter the weather, the artist's view can lift us based on a beautiful interpretation. The handmade paper look also adds to the personal and special feel.

SilverO
02-25-2014, 10:50 AM
@AndreaMG thanks, glad you like it :D

Thanks so much for your comment. D Akey You really have a way with words.:o

pat1940
02-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Silver, I really enjoyed looking at your paintings, they are very good, hope to see a lot more

HarlequiNQB
02-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Oh, I really love that highway painting - it's fabulous. I also love how you left it with an uncontrolled border. Works really well for it :)

Caesar
02-25-2014, 08:51 PM
I join everybody's appreciation and particular mention of the highway sketch!

coops
02-26-2014, 12:54 AM
The morotway view really puts the viewer there, well done:)

SilverO
02-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks Pat, glad you like my drawings:D
HarlequiNQB It's good that I didn't cut it out then or made is square. I usually do that :) thanks
Thanks Caesar and Coops:p

justjean
02-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Both are great but do love that road :)

HarlequiNQB
02-26-2014, 07:52 PM
SilverO, you're welcome. And I think in most cases a controlled border works very well, but in this case the chaotic border really works with the slightly chaotic weather of the subject.

stevemawmv
02-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi SilverO...
I don't know the actress, but I'm not accepting any apples from her anytime soon.
Your ' Wet roads' painting is amazing, It conveys so much more of the story of the event,
then the photo every could!
It's got 'reality to it', really like it!
Good job....
Take care,
Steve

eighty+
02-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Last but not least yes I do Like your Flying Mushrooms Silvo ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

SilverO
02-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Thanks justjean :)
Thanks Steve I wouldn't accept them either, they probably poisonous. haha
Glad you like the road painting:)

eighty+ when did I draw flying mushrooms? My memory is failing me, thanks any ways :p:p

copespeak
02-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Yes, I do like your road painting Silver0, and the other one shows promise. :cool:

SilverO
03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks Copespeak;)

A little WIP I'm working on. Character is Castiel from Supernatural.
I like how his face turned out, but I still have so fix some details like his lips for example.
I’ll finish probably later this week, still need to research how to draw wings through.

Alexandra
03-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Rich and beautifully textured SilverO, well done.

stevemawmv
03-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Coming along nicely SilverO, lots of tutorials on painting wings out there...
Looking forward to you finishing him.
Take care,
Steve

coops
03-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Looking good, will be great to see it completed:)

gxhpainter2
03-05-2014, 04:18 AM
love your paintings, the wet winter road is a great sketchy work that would fit in any travel guide... you have quite a talent... I am enjoying discovering your work:cool:

SilverO
03-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Rich and beautifully textured SilverO, well done.

Thanks, I kind of like the rough look of it but I'll probably smooth it a bit more.;)

Coming along nicely SilverO, lots of tutorials on painting wings out there...
Looking forward to you finishing him.
Take care,
Steve

Thanks, I've found some really good ones, hopefully It will work out. fingers crossed:p

thanks coops

awww thanks:o gxhpainter

SilverO
03-08-2014, 01:56 AM
A little update
This is attempt two at the wings, I found a nice picture of a bird to reference it from :D
Things to practice on is movement, in al my drawings they just seem to stand there, but that's so difficult through:p
I made the tie move to give it that impression, but that's probably not enough:rolleyes:

eighty+
03-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Hi Silvo I see He's only air crew Not the Pilot then ?? ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

stevemawmv
03-08-2014, 04:29 AM
This is coming along great, good job on the lighting and shadowing on wing one.
Looking forward to the finished painting when it's done....keep going!
Take care,
Steve

copespeak
03-08-2014, 08:16 AM
A truly wonderful wing! :cool:

eighty+
03-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Silvo He wont Fly until U promont hin and he's got his full wing's, ;) you could make the wind that's moving his Tie would also Ruffle his Hair ;) ;) :D :D :D KIA ORA

D Akey
03-09-2014, 11:28 AM
When he finds the lady angel with the right wing we've got lift off! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of the old Shel Silverstein book called "The Missing Piece"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT0wKeJQvGk

You painted a really terrific painting by the way. Fantastic!

SilverO
03-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Thanks Steve, glad you like it. I was going to paint a bit more today, but I was too tired. oh well I got a whole day tomorrow.
Thanks Copespeak Hopefully the second wing will turn out okay, still need to figure out how I'll do it :p
ooh great idea thanks Eighty, I'll definitely make his hair move, I hadn't thought of that:cool::D

omg D Akey That's a depressive movie, but it sure is a nice story, kinda makes you think.
Thanks;)

D Akey
03-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Maybe a language vocabulary thing. . . what do you mean by 'depressive movie'? Among my people, and peers (1000 years old and older:rolleyes:), it was wildly popular as a metaphor for the eternal search for the right relationship and dating and all that. When the lights of the discotheques went out and they closed for the night, people frequently found themselves going home with someone, often times with the hopes that person might turn out to be that special person who was their compliment.

Anyway, I find that I can look at things many different ways. And through one of those sets of eyes I can see it as a bummer of a situation when I look at is as being about trying to fill that place and failing, rather than the dynamics of the search and ultimate happy completion as a result of the journey. But I meant it here to be the optimistic interpretation and that he will find her. . . rather than being eternally consigned to picking himself up off the ground because his aerodynamics are faulty. Now that I look at it, having only one wing could be leave something to be desired. Hahah.

Anyway, it's a brilliant painting. :)

And yes, Shel Silverstein was more than a little demented as can be seen in his work to many people's delight.

SilverO
03-09-2014, 12:38 PM
It could be the language thing but I really meant like , sad etc. But I can really relate to it, that's why I said It was kinda depressing (tbh my parents are kinda in the middle of a divorce so yeah:( ) It's all about the interpretation I guess :D

haha I'm sure your not that old.:cool:

Don't worry I will attach a second wing to him very soon, I don't want him falling;)

D Akey
03-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Ugh. . . yeah. I hear you about the parents' thing. My heart goes out to you. I went through it with my parents too when I was around 16 or 17. I went to friend's homes a lot just to get out of the atmosphere. My favorite family was one that had 11 kids -- that's right -- 11 kids. Always something going on. How they put up with me I'm not quite certain.

I think it was my humor. . . and that I had a car. That never hurt to create social possibilities in high school. I can thank my parents for that old VW at that time at least. Come to think about it, I sorta had one wing. Kept falling over a lot too. . . but that's another story. . . :rolleyes: Let's just say that my car worked better than my one wing. :cool::cool::cool:

I didn't until now realize that you painted me in high school. I should send you my old year book to autograph after I knock all the dust and cobwebs off it. Yeah I am kinda around 1000 years old.

You will make it through your family stuff. Hang in there.

SilverO
03-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Yeah It's not really fun, but I hope it all will pass very soon.
That's one big family you had, that must've been very hectic:eek:

haha thanks:)

coops
03-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Great work on the wing, really makes me sad though. Hope he gets his other wing:)

Caesar
03-10-2014, 02:32 AM
I know this guy here and, as for the drawing, its likeness is perfect!

SilverO
03-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks Coops:D I might have started over with the wings. whoops :cool:

I'm happy you recognized him. Caesar Thanks:D

Alexandra
03-11-2014, 03:01 AM
I am looking forward to seeing this great work completed, Silver O.
Also I am sorry for the family troubles. xo

SilverO
03-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks Alexandra. Wait no longer, It is finished (I think if I don't spot any new mistakes:eek:).

I'm happy with how it turned out, but I really wanted it to be done with. I want to draw some other stuff:D
I like these wings more then the other ones, maybe because they seem softer.

stevemawmv
03-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Turned out great SilverO...
Good job on the wings, matching quite nicely!
Just say 'no mistakes, now on to the next one'...
Again, I really like this painting!
Take care friend,
Steve

AndreaMG
03-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Finally you gave him the other wing! :) I'm not familiar with the show but he looks a cool character indeed :cool: Very wheel done! Kia Ora ;)

pat1940
03-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi Silver, wonderful painting and wings are great, is he the guy on Supernatural, if not he sure looks a lot like him, anyway I really like what you have done

SilverO
03-12-2014, 05:01 AM
Thanks Steve, I kind of cheated and painted the right wing, and then flipped it , that's why they look so alike:)

Thanks Pat Yeah He's Castiel from Supernatural.:D Thanks, glad you like it.

stevemawmv
03-12-2014, 06:17 AM
Don't know if I'd call it cheating...taking a creative
approach to finishing the painting sounds better.
Doesn't change my view of it, still like it and think
you did a great job on it, regardless how you arrived
at your solution for the wings.
Painting came out great!
Take care friend,
Steve

copespeak
03-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Flipping the wing is a great solution, and the finished painting works very well.

D Akey
03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Well, I'm from Los Angeles which translates out to "The Angels". I think the city actually has a longer name that is far less sounding like a baseball team. But I like the commonly used name and so many artists and film makers and so on definitely run with the image. . . like me as well.

So with all these angels, if we know anything out here, it's folks with wings. Halos are a very different story sadly, and far more rare. :-) I figured with all these wings that the freeways would be far less congested without the need for cars. But no. . . they get clogged big time.

Alright, enough of a digression. This painting is really great. I love the wings especially. They're beautifully articulated. And having a pair of them is preferable.

Brava! And grab yourself a halo for a great job -- maybe a silver one to go with your handle, SilverO. . .

SilverO
03-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks Steve^^

Thanks Copespeak:D Glad you like it

haha Thanks D Akey I would be so cool to have wings, I have not much problems with traffic, I always use my bicycle. My car license is in progress:rolleyes:
I thought for a second to add a halo, glad I didn't, would've been to much. :cool:

My full nickname is SilverOwls (from when I was fangirling over Harry Potter and I really like owls at the time. I should draw one sometimes.)
But I just picked SilverO, I have no idea why, maybe because it's shorter:p

Caesar
03-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Now he can finally fly! Great style and likeness furtherly confirmed. The serial is a little disquieting and theologically weird, but it seems to have a certain success here too and I occasionally watched it for some time (hardly from start to end), so I know many characters of it.

SilverO
03-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Thanks. It's a good show. I really liked the first 4 seasons, those were really the best.
The newer episodes are a bit boring :)

Alexandra
03-13-2014, 02:28 AM
Love it Silver O, great work!

justjean
03-13-2014, 05:06 AM
Great wings and he looks like he is debating on were to fly first:)

coops
03-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Now thats a super finished painting. I bet he feels better with two wings and I am sure its safe to fly that way. Great work on the wings by the way:)

SilverO
03-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the nice comments Alexandra, Justjean and Coops. :o:)

SilverO
03-24-2014, 07:37 AM

Painted for the contest on deviant art: Cats

I started this awhile ago, but didn't have much time to paint, until today.
Some things could've been done better, but I just wanted to be done with it :)

Caesar
03-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Luminous orange eyes on the nice greys of the fur and background ... good luck for the contest!

SilverO
03-25-2014, 05:55 AM
Thanks Caesar!:)

Ostogar
03-25-2014, 06:24 AM
I like that cat as human eyes

AndreaMG
03-25-2014, 08:43 AM
So cute X) All the best for the contest Dear SilverOwl ;)

D Akey
03-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Adorable. . .:):):):):)

copespeak
03-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Such a sweet little kitty with a beautiful soft expression. :)

mannafig
03-26-2014, 08:37 AM
A lovely expression full of curiosity perfectly captured. Brilliant.

pai
03-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Lots of great artworks in this thread. I really like your people's painting, the Derek's one and the Wing man are my favorite. Keep them coming ! :D:)

SilverO
03-28-2014, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate it :D Ostogar Andrea, D Akey, Copespeak and Mannafig

Thanks Pai, maybe my next picture will be a portrait, I'm working on it, but I'm sure if it's going to turn out okaj:p

Alexandra
03-28-2014, 04:22 AM
The cat is beautiful!:):):)

stevemawmv
03-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi Eline.....
Great eyes, love them! also like how you did the fur....all around nice job!
It's a cute little thing.....
Take care friend,
Steve

SilverO
04-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks Alexandra and Steve;)

A little bit of practise on blending colors (that don't blend well:p)

stevemawmv
04-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi Eline,
Really like where you went with this...'dark and moody', my favorite type of painting!
And which colors do blend well? You've got to make them your own and rub like hell...
or be gentle and have patience with them and sometimes they just surprise the hell out of you!
I like this painting....
Take care friend,
Steve

justjean
04-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Great portrait and love that kitten :)

scribbledsoul
04-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Love your work! That last portrait was really nice, I think it turned out well. Keep it up! :)

Caesar
04-01-2014, 08:07 PM
You practised pretty well ... although that outcoming face don't look fully convinced of that, probably she saw herself awful in this shot (as I do in most of my pictures)... LOL :o:D;)

SilverO
04-02-2014, 08:48 AM
thanks Steve. I'm really fond of dark paintings. What you say is so true, I certainly had to paint a lot over it to get it to blend a bit. Glad you like it :)

Thanks Justjean and Scribbledsoul:o

haha Caesar don't worry about it, I'm also not very photo genetic if that's what you're meaning:p;)

Here is wip something completely different: Shikamaru from the anime Naruto:p

sabena
04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Very good work i like very much

Caesar
04-02-2014, 08:13 PM
A little bit angry, this last one, but cool!

stevemawmv
04-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi Eline,
You've caught him contemplating and formulating a strategy for his next battle in his usual leisurely manor...Oh right!....I researched it....
I like it! Take care...
Steve

AndreaMG
04-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Nicely done on the Naruto character. Do you like One Piece too?

D Akey
04-05-2014, 07:59 AM
I love characters who's appearance tells what they're thinking or the mood they're in or something revealing of their nature. This last one does. Actually, so does the blending one just before. Cool stuff!

And I bet you're right photogenic as heck. So do you have hair like in your avatar?

SilverO
04-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Thanks Caesar, I'll try to soften his expression, because he really does look too angry:p

haha :cool:Thanks Steve, He's really a cool character. :D

Thanks. Andrea I know what it's about, but I never got to watching/reading the whole thing, it's way too long. I do have a couple of manga's off them, but didn't really like the drawing style.:rolleyes::p

Thanks Akey. I really like those characters too, they're the most interesting. :D
haha I used to dye my hair red/orange, but not any more, not good for the hair. I really need to draw a new ID picture now:p

pai
04-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Very nice drawing/painting of a traditional Japanese samurai. Remind me those great Japanese comics :)

SilverO
04-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks Pai, I really like manga. It's what kind of got me into drawing:D

Something completely different: another jellyfish:D They're so much fun to paint:p

stevemawmv
04-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Hello Eline....
I like your painting, you introduced yourself to us with a jellyfish.....always found them mysterious, a little scary, yet calming to watch.
Wonder if these ancient creatures really are immortal, I guess we'll never really know.
Great job on your website, I enjoyed checking it out!
Take care friend,
Steve

eighty+
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
ARRH well back to the Flying Mushrooms Eline ;) ;) ;) :D:D :D :D :D SLAINTE KIA ORA

justjean
04-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Great and airy, can almost see it moving in the waves :D

SilverO
04-13-2014, 03:34 AM
Thanks Steve, Jellyfish are so awesome, but I really don't want them close to me. I don't want to get stung. I use to have a fear of going into the sea because of them.
ooh thanks, glad you like my new website:D makes me happy:o:):)

ARRH well back to the Flying Mushrooms Eline ;) ;) ;) :D:D :D :D :D SLAINTE KIA ORA

Yeshh the flying shrooms are back, I might draw another one. We shall see:):cool:

Thanks JustJean:D

AndreaMG
04-14-2014, 04:24 AM
Congrats on this one, you captured it so well!! Fascinating creature :cool:

D Akey
04-14-2014, 04:39 AM
Soooooooo beautiful! Love it. Now please paint the peanut butterfish. It's lunch time.

Caesar
04-15-2014, 12:53 AM
WOW. Back to Your shining jellyfish! Very beautiful and luminous! What a blue!