PDA

View Full Version : Solo

Tonyjazz
09-03-2013, 04:40 AM
Landscape from imagination with me playing my instrument. Using this for new video cover. AR4.

Marilyn Anne
09-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I like the textures, colors, mood and the figure in the landscape. Very nice!

limey-g
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Really lovely Tony, so well done.
Geoff

Caesar
09-03-2013, 07:46 PM
A really fine materic composition!
You may also give similarly some thickness to the guitar player by an underneath layer where You put some tube paint (and some knife stroke in case) within its silhouette to then "bump blend" (i.e. mix or substitute the the layers bump).

justjean
09-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Great colours , textures and scene , Tony

coops
09-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Another wonderful painting Tony:)

D Akey
09-04-2013, 01:40 AM
I know you're at sea level, but this could easily be John Denver at a lake on a Rocky Mountain High.

Very soulful.

There was an old regular newspaper featured comic strip called Rick O'Shay that I would read when a kid. I think the writer got the idea from the movie Shane for his characters. Well, rather than the nemesis, the Jack Palance bad guy called Hipshot Percussion turned out in the comic strip to be Rick's buddy. But he was clearly still a tough gunslinger type.

But the interesting part was that when the writer for his Sunday strip wanted to show Hipshot going to "Church" it showed him riding up into the mountains where he would talk to Nature. This has that kind of vibe for me.

Tonyjazz
09-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks all for the comments, insight, and tips. Very much appreciated. This piece was used in my new music video. I posted it in the general chat forum if you care to view it. Talk about multimedia....... :)