PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco bar party flyers over the years

shaka zulu
08-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I work as a bartender in San Francisco, and every year we have an anniversary party (the bar opened in 1968) and a birthday party for the boss, Specs Simmons (he turned 85 this year). I try to make
some kind of flyer for each of those occasions every year, and for the last couple of years I have used Artrage to illustrate them. I then export them into Illustrator for the text
graphics...here are a couple examples...

7669476695[ATTACH=CONFIG]76696

coops
08-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Very well painted and so amusing:)

D Akey
08-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Very very funny. Love the parodies. Love the cavalier tone. Gin is it? Big feets and martini's so go together - shaken and stirred with a twist. . . clearly a slow walkin', fast talkin' good lookin' mohair man. . . if I read your specs right.

Alexandra
08-18-2013, 07:19 AM
These are great, wonderful works.:cool:

shaka zulu
08-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Very very funny. Love the parodies. Love the cavalier tone. Gin is it? Big feets and martini's so go together - shaken and stirred with a twist. . . clearly a slow walkin', fast talkin' good lookin' mohair man. . . if I read your specs right.

Ha! You described him to a T! He's is a much beloved figure in San Francisco, and I consider myself lucky to work for him...glad you liked them!