PDA

View Full Version : Brand new to forum

RandyMyers
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have been creating my art work using ***** (don't know if I should use their name) Painter, but I think I have finally had it with the company. I will probably be switching to ArtRage. I have been trying to find another good art software package and I believe ArtRage will fit the bill...

Anyway, just wanted to share a couple piece of my work... hopefully I can upload them correctly :)... these are from a series on Butterflies that I have been doing... I still have one more to go... they are 100% hand drawn using a Wacom Intuos tablet and art software.

Randy

L Skylar Brown
07-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Beautiful work.

RandyMyers
07-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Thank you Sir!

I just looked at your website... beautiful... are these done with ArtRage or are they from a variety of sources?

I personally have always found great enjoyment from art... and absolutely love still photography... but I was always to busy worrying about supporting family, etc.

A few years ago I bought a graphics tablet and discovered that I enjoyed creating my own work when I could mix my love of computers and art... I still work full time as a software engineer so I find the time is limited that I spend on my art.... I have laid out the final piece in the butterfly series, but have been thinking about letting that rest for a bit and exploring ArtRage on a new project.

Here is the initial sketch of the remaining piece in the butterfly series... it shows my sketching abilities are so so, at best, but I love to mix the colors and work with them to get the final image....

dpallee
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Great work-fantastic focal.

copespeak
07-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Welcome Randy! Your work is truly beautiful! :)

Caesar
07-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Welcome in here, dear mate! You're both an illustrator and an entomologist as far as I can see!

Belvrog
07-12-2013, 10:12 PM
These are looking great.. welcome here!

Tonyjazz
07-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, beautiful butterflies. Are these made with Artrage? Regardless, the artistic factor is high!!

RandyMyers
07-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Thank you to all the kind words....

They are not created with ArtRage. I had an older version of ArtRage that came with my Asus Slate, but I never really got into it. These were all created with a program that I am very dis-pleased with the company. Their corporate policies and terrible customer support (as in you can not even call them without paying for a support call) has driven me away. Therefore I just bought the new version of ArtRage and will be teaching myself how to use it with an up coming project. I may use the other project to finish up the butterfly series but then try to really get into ArtRage with the next one.

I love your work Tony! Where they done with ArtRage?