PDA

View Full Version : New to ArtRage

Roamin
07-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi I am just starting out getting back into drawing and stuff and I got a Bamboo Splash with ArtRage. I just wanted to post a few pictures get some opinions, suggestions, tips tricks, that sort of thing.

The sea horse was my very first drawing in ArtRage, then the bird, dog and bulbasaur.

I am working on a daily doodle challenge to keep motivated and try new things, it is at dailydoodlechallenge.wordpress.com if you want to see more of my stuff. So thoughts on what I can improve on? What do you like? What don't you like? Tips for colouring or how to get nicer smooth lines?

Thanks,

~Roamin'

hypotaxis
07-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi Roamim

Welcome!

I think what you've drawn is great!

A couple of tool settings you may want to experiment with, if you aren't already:

1. When drawing lines with the inkpen adjust the "smoothing" setting to help give you straighter lines, and
2. make sure that under [Tools][Colour Options] you have [Real Colour Blending] checked.

Brett

copespeak
07-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Welcome to you Roamin! :)

You doing a daily challenge will hone your skills, and the ones you have posted here show you have a good basic ability. We'll look forward to more. :cool: