PDA

View Full Version : A First Post - Artrage & Bird Illustration

Liquid Len
06-27-2013, 08:26 AM
I chose Artrage just over a year ago as my main tool for bird art & illustration after using Corel Painter for a few years. All I can say is 'wow!' Artrage blows Painter out of the water for me on all counts - ease of use, tools, features etc. Everything seems to just fall to hand whenever I need it and tailoring tools for specific tasks is so simple and intuitive. The stuff that goes on in the background like technical support and help from the community is also streets ahead. Bang for buck, Artrage is easily the best drawing/painting software on the market and must be the best software bargain ever - but I guess you all know that already!?

Don't let anyone tell you that Artrage is kid's stuff; I use it to create illustrations for publication and the output is on a par with anything I've done using Painter or Photoshop. Here are a couple of examples of monochrome work done recently for forthcoming publication; comments/critiques welcome.

Thanks for letting me have my first 'say' on the forum.

LL

gxhpainter2
06-27-2013, 10:00 AM
these are excellent illustrations and clearly point out what can be done in the hands of a talented professional... welcome and I look forward to more work from you here..:):)

copespeak
06-27-2013, 10:29 AM
A very warm welcome, and your illustrations are beautiful!

Art Rage is a wonderful tool! :) :) :)

Tonyjazz
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the forum. Very professional looking artwork.

limey-g
06-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Welcome to the forum, your work is wonderful.
Geoff

Liquid Len
06-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words. Some great artwork on your respective websites too; here's hoping I can become as proficient in the ways of the 'Rage! I'm just starting to get my head around all the features and to make them work for me and am looking forward to picking up (and passing on?) some useful tips for working in Artrage as I develop. I found that I was getting tired of clearing up after an art session using traditional media and Artrage has just done away with all that and I am now looking forward to working once more. Will be back soon ...

Best wishes,

LL

D Akey
06-30-2013, 06:25 AM
Hey, look what just flew in! Great birds! Very nice work. Looking forward to more examples. Welcome.

Marilyn Anne
06-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Truly very professional.

coops
06-30-2013, 11:30 PM
These are so very good and I am excited to see more, well done:)

Bobbi
07-11-2013, 08:10 AM
It really pays to go back and check out postings that you might have missed. These are excellent. You have expressed what I think most of us feel about Art Rage. Going to keep an eye out for your future postings.

hypotaxis
07-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Really beautiful illustrations. Welcome!

Brett

Caesar
07-12-2013, 02:54 AM
Perfect and elegant wildlife illustrations!

Belvrog
07-12-2013, 10:33 AM
These are both very well done. I especially like the second one.

Tonyjazz
07-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Blurring the BG and birds and crisp lines on the bird add a lot of depth on the first one. Fine painting.

Liquid Len
07-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Thanks again to all for all your kind comments. I've reached the end of this job now and am hoping to develop some coloured pieces for my own satisfaction. All the foregoing illustrations were rendered mostly with a tweaked soft pencil tool, which I find very easy to use and adjust 'on the fly'. Some of the soft backgrounds are done with airbrush and/or blurred to give more depth, as Tonyjazz identified. Here are a couple more examples in the mean time.

sabena
07-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Wow perfect and fantastic paintings :rolleyes: