PDA

View Full Version : Fractured

Z1Xwitch
06-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Late night scribblings...
"Fractured" (19/06/13)

D Akey
06-20-2013, 08:12 AM
You would make a great illustrator for those psychological kinds of stories. They used to have a magazine here called Psychology Today where it would work very well. Also an approach like this in BW would fit quite nicely into the Op-Ed section of the newspaper, given elements that dealt with the story concept. A strong graphic quick read image that has more if one wanted to look or whatever the printing process afforded that level of detail.

Z1Xwitch
06-20-2013, 08:37 AM
You would make a great illustrator for those psychological kinds of stories. They used to have a magazine here called Psychology Today where it would work very well. Also an approach like this in BW would fit quite nicely into the Op-Ed section of the newspaper, given elements that dealt with the story concept. A strong graphic quick read image that has more if one wanted to look or whatever the printing process afforded that level of detail.

Thanks D Akey.
I really like designing stuff like this. A simple motif in black and white, but with subtle psychological and suggestive "depth" to it.
It takes some trial and error to get a feel for what kind of imagery the subconscious can pick up on, before the boooooring rational consciousness catches on ... bu I do so enjoy it when it works ;)

copespeak
06-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Creepy, thought provoking and effective. :cool:

Tonyjazz
06-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Deep stuff here, well done.

pai
06-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Very nice texture and like the contrast lighting. Love it.

Z1Xwitch
06-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Again thanks for the comments ppl.. I wish I had more time to spend in the forums.
I need a vacation, to get time to check other peoples stuff out, and "mingle" in here .... damn workload!

gxhpainter2
06-29-2013, 02:42 AM
fantastic work, I like the way you subtly created the hairline cracks! and the use of BW... it is easy to get carried away in the digital art world with color ( after all we have 16+ million!) and I find this work refreshing in its directness and high quality..hope your work does not get all your attention, it would be nice to see more of your work. :):)

sabena
06-30-2013, 02:14 AM
Fantastic pictures i like:)

coops
06-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Creepy but fantastic work:)

Mairzie Dotes
07-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Z1Xwitch,
This gripping piece aptly defines the title,"Fractured" in all of it's emotional tribulations.
It is an outstanding, creative portrayal of the mind's journey into debilitating distress.
Expressive, unsettling and fantastic art work! :D