PDA

View Full Version : Benzaiten

Chagrin
06-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Hello,

I would appreciate any feedback for this piece (70% finished). I'm attempting to illustrate a children's book.

copespeak
06-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Very well conceived and executed! :cool:

Chagrin
06-08-2013, 05:25 AM
Very well conceived and executed! :cool:

Thank you much. I came upon this style yesterday (after many, many failed styles), and it seems to work for me.

I'm currently working on Benzaiten's warrior form, Happi Benzaiten.

operated
06-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Im no expert but ur drawing looks very good .

gj

Chagrin
06-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Im no expert but ur drawing looks very good .

gj

Thank you. I'm still working on my style, so any tips are appreciated. Here's Benzaiten's alternate form, Happi Benzaiten (50% complete). I did most of the art in Artrage, but I had to switch over to Manga Studio to do a bit of clean up.

matthewmoore3
06-11-2013, 03:30 AM
Thank you. I'm still working on my style, so any tips are appreciated. Here's Benzaiten's alternate form, Happi Benzaiten (50% complete). I did most of the art in Artrage, but I had to switch over to Manga Studio to do a bit of clean up.

nice.. :) i like you work, just out of interest, are you doing the lines in AR? looks super clean.. (are the vectors?)

Chagrin
06-23-2013, 02:56 AM
nice.. :) i like you work, just out of interest, are you doing the lines in AR? looks super clean.. (are the vectors?)

I used Manga Studio to clean up the lines. Manga uses vector paths to lay down pixels, so you can produce some very clean stuff.

I have since changed my style significantly, and I'm now using Artrage almost exclusively. However, if I wanted to do line work, I would use Illustrator or Manga over Artrage.