PDA

View Full Version : Summer in the City

gxhpainter2
05-27-2013, 10:14 AM
a bright and noisy time in the city with lots going on in Portland...sun and water and white clouds abounding.

Docsmith626
05-27-2013, 10:48 AM
And a river runs right through the middle of it. (Love that city.) ;)

D Akey
05-27-2013, 11:04 AM
A trip. Good frame.

Sunny and warm for most of this Tuesday, traffic's flowing on all major arteries, the city's movin' and a groovin.
There's a million stories in the naked city. This should be in After 9.

kenmo
05-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Very nice painting... I just watched the Jr Hockey Championships on tv. Your Portland Winterhawks lost to my Halifax Mooseheads... It was a great game...

gxhpainter2
05-28-2013, 04:52 AM
And a river runs right through the middle of it. (Love that city.) ;) Thanks Docsmith, Rose festival is kicking off this week and this year
the roses are exceptional !.

A trip. Good frame.

Sunny and warm for most of this Tuesday, traffic's flowing on all major arteries, the city's movin' and a groovin.
There's a million stories in the naked city. This should be in After 9. you got the groove man!.;)

Very nice painting... I just watched the Jr Hockey Championships on tv. Your Portland Winterhawks lost to my Halifax Mooseheads... It was a great game... I know :(, but they had
a great season and generated lots of excitement here, so congratulations on the Halifax Moosehead win ;);):):)

justjean
05-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Nice colours, shapes and textures, Gary :)

hypotaxis
05-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Another good one Gary.

Brett

gxhpainter2
05-29-2013, 03:37 AM
Nice colours, shapes and textures, Gary :) thanks justjean :)

Another good one Gary.

Brett Brett , thanks and glad you like this one.:cool:

AT-TA
05-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Full of light and dynamic as the summer city usually in the morning is. Very good expression, Gary. :-)

copespeak
05-29-2013, 08:32 AM
A definite raising of the mood since the last one Gary. This is wonderfully bright and cheery and shows the mood of the city.

We are moving into winter in Australia, so things are getting cold and gray.

Tonyjazz
05-29-2013, 01:19 PM
There is so much going on with this artwork, after 3 mins of involvement I was in the desert looking at a Bedouin tribes tent selling all his wares, wow...cool

Sketchism71
05-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Love your work... Just plain awesome!

gxhpainter2
05-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Full of light and dynamic as the summer city usually in the morning is. Very good expression, Gary. :-) Thanks anna :):)

A definite raising of the mood since the last one Gary. This is wonderfully bright and cheery and shows the mood of the city.

We are moving into winter in Australia, so things are getting cold and gray. well I hope this last bit of sun helps in your winter, although I though Australia was always fairly sunny and warm..:confused::rolleyes:

There is so much going on with this artwork, after 3 mins of involvement I was in the desert looking at a Bedouin tribes tent selling all his wares, wow...cool LOL...... your comment really gave me a chuckle and glad you enjoyed this.:cool::cool::):)

Love your work... Just plain awesome! Sketchism...a wonderful comment and thank you very much.:):)

copespeak
05-30-2013, 02:24 PM
well I hope this last bit of sun helps in your winter, although I though Australia was always fairly sunny and warm..:confused::rolleyes:

Gary, it depends what you mean by 'warm'. In Gippsland, Victoria, where we live, temperature goes from zero up to maybe 40C in high summer. It very rarely snows here.... only on the highest peaks and very cold spells. It's snowed once here in the 15 years I have spent in this area.

So I guess the extremes cold-wise are not as great as elsewhere. I like the cool weather. :) :)

Caesar
05-31-2013, 08:02 PM
A luminous, noisy, lively and hot painting! You frame the visual conceptual elements rather than what we would phenomenically see.