PDA

View Full Version : Battlements -1918

gxhpainter2
05-27-2013, 06:53 AM
inspired by watching several movies as of late that took place during this time.

Patolozka
05-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Wau, I like the colours:-)
Pity tha I have so small monitor that I canīt see the picture in one...;-)

copespeak
05-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Gary, this is wonderful, as always. I am assuming it's all about the trenches, the explosions in the sky, and the darkness of the mood of that time. Such a dreadful dark era in the world's history. Man's inhumanity to man ......

gxhpainter2
05-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Wau, I like the colours:-)
Pity tha I have so small monitor that I canīt see the picture in one...;-) thanks great to have your comments.:)

Gary, this is wonderful, as always. I am assuming it's all about the trenches, the explosions in the sky, and the darkness of the mood of that time. Such a dreadful dark era in the world's history. Man's inhumanity to man ...... copspeak... yes absolutely a very stark and terrifying time... as it it Memorial Day I thought it a good theme. if a dark one.

Marilyn Anne
05-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Your painting honors those who served because I think it tells a true somber story.

D Akey
05-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Not sure what to say about this one. I'll have to let it sink in. It feels a little mixed message for me. Very somber with oddly almost festive calligraphic lines.

What do you think about it?

gxhpainter2
05-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Your painting honors those who served because I think it tells a true somber story. thanks Marilyn

Not sure what to say about this one. I'll have to let it sink in. It feels a little mixed message for me. Very somber with oddly almost festive calligraphic lines.

What do you think about it? hmmm well those lines and the X's etc and levels were to be the barbwire coils and trenches with the shell burst for the sky ...

hypotaxis
05-27-2013, 11:36 AM
An interesting painting Gary about the most stupid and unnecessary war ever fought, although the current ones are getting close.

I like the colours and angularity of it. There seems to be more of your "head" in this one which maybe dampens the emotional impact?

But I like it, I definitely like it.

Brett

kenmo
05-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Well done Gary...

gxhpainter2
05-28-2013, 04:55 AM
An interesting painting Gary about the most stupid and unnecessary war ever fought, although the current ones are getting close.

I like the colours and angularity of it. There seems to be more of your "head" in this one which maybe dampens the emotional impact?

But I like it, I definitely like it.

Brett Thanks Brett, although this was born in the "head" it definitely was full of emotion from me as I worked it.

Well done Gary... Thanks kenmo..

justjean
05-28-2013, 05:52 AM
Gary, the thought that popped into my mind when I first looked was a coat of many colours

gxhpainter2
05-29-2013, 03:39 AM
Gary, the thought that popped into my mind when I first looked was a coat of many coloursthanks justjean I can see your point, because on this one I decided to shape and stretch the canvas to produce a sense on it being fabric tacked up.

limey-g
05-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Interesting Gary, the trenches of ww1 were a terrible time and the choice of atmosphere shows it so well.
Geoff