pai
05-26-2013, 12:01 AM
just a quick abstrac sketch

copespeak
05-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Oh, that's a real beauty Pai!! :cool:

limey-g
05-26-2013, 02:26 AM
Very interesting pai, you have great imagination.
Geoff

silvy
05-26-2013, 04:16 AM
Really lovely:)

gxhpainter2
05-26-2013, 06:28 AM
beautiful pai, I love the arch of the wings and the flow of energy, subtle colors but the lights and darks make it dramatic at the same time..:):)

D Akey
05-26-2013, 07:02 AM
There's the old Greek story of Persephone. And that rather fits -- the metaphor for seasons, for day and night. This would be night.

It is like a black swan wings. I've also heard the term "raven black hair". This has that kind of metaphoric feel to it. Mysterious. Dramatic. Almost like a lover who is grounded, trying to hold her in his realm. She looks like she is longing for her 'day' light. Black and white contrast of realms.

Whether it is something you meant to do Pai, this is what I'm getting from this one.

I think it's also a parallel for many things when one is trapped in a period of 'night' -- a creative urge held back by lack of inspiration would be one way to see it, or being in an environment of creative repression. Very evocative.

pai
05-26-2013, 07:04 AM
thanks Robyn, Geoff, Silvy, gxhpainter for kindly to look into this very abstract quickie. Done in just less than 30 minutes. It's after hearing a long time music warming up :)

There's the old Greek story of Persephone. And that rather fits -- the metaphor for seasons, for day and night. This would be night.

It is like a black swan wings. I've also heard the term "raven black hair". This has that kind of metaphoric feel to it. Mysterious. Dramatic. Almost like a lover who is grounded, trying to hold her in his realm. She looks like she is longing for her 'day' light. Black and white contrast of realms.

Whether it is something you meant to do Pai, this is what I'm getting from this one.

I think it's also a parallel for many things when one is trapped in a period of 'night' -- a creative urge held back by lack of inspiration would be one way to see it, or being in an environment of creative repression. Very evocative.

smile. maybe i am not doing that good this abstract. it's a man and a woman. there's no wing. :) and thank so much to everyone telling me how they preceived to this abstract and how they interpreted. it's a raven black hiar. yes, i like that B&W contrast represent Ying and Yang. Not really lack of inspiration, more lack of energy and feelings. thanks so much for your always so nice comments for me to get to re-looking my image in head. :)

D Akey
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM
smile. maybe i am not doing that good this abstract. it's a man and a woman. there's no wing. :)

From where I'm looking there is. . . :):):) Both on her and him. . . 2 wings.

pai
05-26-2013, 07:14 AM
From where I'm looking there is. . . :):):) Both on her and him. . . 2 wings.

you gave me sudden very angelic feel of that. thanks Dakey :)

justjean
05-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Pai, an interesting painting which made me think of things one might yearn for :)

Caesar
05-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Maybe a soul leaving a body, or a last memory before passing away or simply a reminder of an old love story, of an angel of our past, maybe mom ... Intense and meaningful painting.

kenmo
05-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Love the looseness and energy in this sketch.....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Mairzie Dotes
05-28-2013, 01:51 PM
pai,
You have really captured a touching expression of one of our uncomfortable emotions.
The artistry explores a poignant, revealing representation of separation. Well painted! :)