PDA

View Full Version : German Shepherd Dog

drawing4art
05-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Greetings all,
I have not been very active of late here on the forum due to some unforseen circumstances but have managed to pop in and out and see some of the great work that has been posted :) I also managed to complete what I call my very first proper digital drawing of a German Shepherd Dog, which I have to say that I am quite pleased with. This beauty was worked from my own photographs ( of which I have loads taken at the various dog shows I attend every year) and performs dances with his owner, great entertainment if you are dog mad like me :) I am still experimenting with various mediums and surfaces and have come to realise that I much prefer the pencil settings and whole program in Artrage Studio for doing this sort of work, but Artrage 4 is great for doing what I call my fun,funky nutty stuff...you cannot just beat the sym tool :D Anyway I hope you like and thanks for taking the time to look.

copespeak
05-21-2013, 12:03 AM
What a lovely drawing! You have got every hair just right, and his eyes are simply beautiful! Well done! :cool:

Saphire
05-21-2013, 12:38 AM
You have done a beautiful drawing, love the detail in the fur and eyes, very lifelike.

justjean
05-21-2013, 01:02 AM
A beautiful dog and a beautiful painting of him :)

LBMyers
05-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Fantastic!!! Excellent drawing.

limey-g
05-21-2013, 07:06 AM
This is really good, great detail in the coat and the eyes show lots character.
Interesting how you prefer the old program for some work as I am the same, so depending on what I want to do depends on which version I open.
Geoff

D Akey
05-21-2013, 07:26 AM
I like the stylized rhythm to the fur on top of a really sound structure. Very nice work. Lots of personality.

kenmo
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
A brilliant piece of art....:cool:

drawing4art
05-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Thank you all kindly for your super comments :):) It has made my day reading them all. Dogs are my passion and was drawing them in "real media" for a long time but was not sure if I could manage to reproduce a realistic enough drawing using my Wacom, however Artrage proved me wrong on and I have to say that I am quite pleased with this one :) So more dogs to come, along with a bit of wildlife hopefully.

limey-g...thanks for your input...I just think that Studio pro seems to be more rounded and precise if that is the right word. I did start doing a dog in AR4 but was not over keen on the pencil settings plus it does not have the preset for just "pencil" which I used mostly to lay down my tones before using the others to add all the details.:)

pai
05-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Such amazing detailed drawing and I love German Shepherd dog a lot. Used to have a dark rough collie too :) Beautiful dog you have drawn his happy character. A very loyal companion :)

brantx2
05-21-2013, 06:36 PM
As an observational drawing, it's a very careful study. The lighting, shadowing and textures are excellent. Your drawing preserves the dog's character admirably.

Caesar
05-21-2013, 08:18 PM
A majestic portrait of this dog showing an outstanding personality.

coops
05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
What a very special drawing this, love it:)

Marilyn Anne
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Love dogs and your shepherd is perfect!

drawing4art
05-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks for all the new recent comments much apprecaited as always :) I have a couple of new ones on the go so hope to be able to share soon.:)

gxhpainter2
05-24-2013, 02:16 AM
beautiful details in the fur and eyes, and you have conveyed the dogs personality, this moves it from illustration into art in my mind..:cool::cool: