PDA

View Full Version : Untold Story - Reds- revised

gxhpainter2
05-20-2013, 08:10 AM
a movement in Red, a story of strife, grief and compassion.

hypotaxis
05-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Oh my! I really like that one Gary. The colours are great, and I think you have caught the feelings/mood you want.

Brett

kenmo
05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Nice choice of colors....and super use of shapes....

gxhpainter2
05-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Oh my! I really like that one Gary. The colours are great, and I think you have caught the feelings/mood you want.

Brett Thanks Brett ! :cool: feels good to be painting again.

gxhpainter2
05-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice choice of colors....and super use of shapes.... Thanks Ken, I had a good time, it was loosely inspired by watching "War Horse" , I had a hard time watching it at times when they were abusing the horses especially, but Steve Spielburg always has the hero(s) come through eventually...

copespeak
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Kinda looks like gorgeous swatches of fabric to me, more restful than dramatic. Maybe I'm in a peaceful state of mind at the moment.

We saw the stage show of War Horse with the life size horse puppets a few months back and it was magnificent! It never ceases to amaze me, the brilliance of the human imagination.

Marilyn Anne
05-20-2013, 01:09 PM
I can see the intertwining of these emotions. There is grief in strife and thank goodness there is compassion. They are all intertwined. Thank goodness not easily pulled apart.

Caesar
05-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Another awful artpiece, dear Gary! One of Your best in my opinion. I can see and fell all Your title and introduction imply.

coops
05-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Thats really great Gary and yes it tells its one story, well done:)

gxhpainter2
05-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Kinda looks like gorgeous swatches of fabric to me, more restful than dramatic. Maybe I'm in a peaceful state of mind at the moment.

We saw the stage show of War Horse with the life size horse puppets a few months back and it was magnificent! It never ceases to amaze me, the brilliance of the human imagination. I bet that staging was amazing, during the movie I had to keep telling myself "no horses were injured during the filming"...

I can see the intertwining of these emotions. There is grief in strife and thank goodness there is compassion. They are all intertwined. Thank goodness not easily pulled apart. Marilyn... a gracious comment, very appreciated too.

Another awful artpiece, dear Gary! One of Your best in my opinion. I can see and fell all Your title and introduction imply. Caesar thanks mate glad you are enjoyed my latest works.. :)

Thats really great Gary and yes it tells its one story, well done:) Katie.. thanks and so glad you stopped by for a visit :)

MSIE
05-21-2013, 11:40 AM
"a movement in Red, a story of strife, grief and compassion." - yes. I see pillows, legs, but no horse :o ... I think this is very emotional as the title suggests. it tells a story, and I like it a lot :)

justjean
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Gary, I see a beautiful translucent scarf with wonderful shapes, colours and texture :)

pai
05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
love this one so much. so much feeling in this one, the compassion red and the touch of green/blue on the bottom right. beautifully constructed and flowing with feelings inside :)

drawing4art
05-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Nice work with bright funky colours and a strong abstract design :)

D Akey
05-22-2013, 04:33 AM
The picture within the frame is great. The frame/mat effect is killing it. You have all your extreme contrast in the outside frame while the pic is comparatively subtle trying to outshine a wide flat area which dominates. That sort of odd mint green is very strange for this pic. The upstaging quality is like a lout in the audience at a performance of Hamlet.

"It is the winter of our discontent. The Normans are. . ."
"HEY, WERE'S MY SEAT?"
"The Normans are at the gate. . ."
"32 B. . . Hey, buddy, you're in my seat. . . You had just better scram off. . ."

That's perhaps why the story's untold, I believe.

gxhpainter2
05-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Thanks to everyone for commenting on this all are appreciated greatly. however .. I think DAkey is right about the framing of this so I redid it and toned it down to let the painting have center stage..:D

D Akey
05-23-2013, 06:46 AM
It certainly does draw the eye into the picture now. I don't know if you needed to knock it completely back this way, but it certainly addressed the issue of where to look. Right now it feels like the area around the screen in a screening of a movie.

Now, I perceive lots of mystery and promise of story. As it is now, it makes it feel like a stage play with all the psychological introspection playing out or a pause between scenes showing the passage of time as wind blows a pair of curtains through a mind set kind of window on the world. It could be a window in a retreating country cottage, or jazz musician's tenement, or artist's garret. Very evocative.

I could see a play in which the window would be the center constant, and the curtains would be blank like a canvas. But when different characters would populate the room, they could project a different pattern onto the curtains to indicate the kind of person who was telling their story at that moment -- maybe like an old hotel room in NYC, going though the different events, parades outside, consciousnesses of the renters - newlyweds, soldiers, hippies, gangsters, lonely bums, etc. And therein is the untold story(ies).

Anyway, this is how it strikes me now. Fantastic.

gxhpainter2
05-23-2013, 08:34 AM
D Akey

thanks, that is the wonderful thing IMHO about digital work, if you screw up you and correct a errant color, or shape:rolleyes:...I like your interpretation and it is fairly close to my intentions. I appreciate greatly your forthright comments on the original. I guess I had a momentary lapse of judgement on that one..:o... anyway thanks !

pai
05-23-2013, 10:24 AM
I also like the revised version better. Love this abstract of yours :)

coops
05-24-2013, 11:55 PM
I like the revised version so much. I see lots of things in it but you know me and my geisha, well I can see the lovely view of the back of her dress. Well done on this one:)

gxhpainter2
05-25-2013, 04:46 AM
I also like the revised version better. Love this abstract of yours :) pai...thanks I like it better too. not sure how I came up with that green border in the first one...:confused:

I like the revised version so much. I see lots of things in it but you know me and my geisha, well I can see the lovely view of the back of her dress. Well done on this one:) katie... yep I see your geisha sitting with her back to us..:cool::cool::):)

LBMyers
05-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Your bold colors and shapes are fantastic!

silvy
05-26-2013, 04:32 AM
Wow! Great title for a superb abstract:):):) Love it!

limey-g
05-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Nicely done, love the strong colours.
Geoff

Caesar
05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Better and better. Unbelievable!

gxhpainter2
05-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Your bold colors and shapes are fantastic! thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment, it is very appreciated..:)

Wow! Great title for a superb abstract:):):) Love it! Hi silvy, great to have you take a look, glad you like it !

Nicely done, love the strong colours.
Geoff Thanks Geoff , I think the revision is much better.

Better and better. Unbelievable! Caesar always great to hear from you , glad you like the revision. a big perk of digital work is
the ability to fix errant efforts.:D