PDA

View Full Version : Latest work

Simon McGowan
05-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Hello - this is my second post on the forum and just wondered what you guys think, i am working on building my digital port folio and would love to hear any thoughts/advice from other people using Artrage....cheers!75544

copespeak
05-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Simon this is magnificent! So much work and very well painted.

My only problem is, and I see it a lot here,and it always bothers me, is how you have blurred at the base. It just turns to mush and is not very attractive. Personally, and it's only me, I would make it a bit more 'crackly, or crunchy, speckly ..... or just disappear with a few lines or chunks of colour. You get what I'm saying, I hope?

Nevertheless, you have an amazing talent! We'll all want to see more!!! :cool:

Simon McGowan
05-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Simon this is magnificent! So much work and very well painted.

My only problem is, and I see it a lot here,and it always bothers me, is how you have blurred at the base. It just turns to mush and is not very attractive. Personally, and it's only me, I would make it a bit more 'crackly, or crunchy, speckly ..... or just disappear with a few lines or chunks of colour. You get what I'm saying, I hope?

Nevertheless, you have an amazing talent! We'll all want to see more!!! :cool:

hello there,
Thanks for your feedback - its exactly what i am after and really apprecite it, i totally get what you are saying and i do agree. I ran out of time on this piece and had to leave it there perhaps the blurred finish was not the best idea as it looks a bit of a lazy option looking back now. i will definitely take this on board as im always looking for ways to improve or adapt.

thanks again! :)