05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
..or maybe will come back

hypotaxis
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM
I like Pai. A deep mystery.

Brett

limey-g
05-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Well done pai, love the atmosphere you created, I see this as a lady looking out to sea for her seafaring mate to return.
Geoff

D Akey
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Wonderful illustrative technique. Very fine work. Great mood. Wonderful color and detail. Mysterious. Forlorn, with a possibility of a happy ending. Well done, Pai! Nice counterpoint to the broad expressive works.

Alexandra
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Well, I think you said it all with this beautiful painting Pai.
I love it. Outstanding.

justjean
05-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Pai, this is lovely, a mixture of mystery ,romance and longing :)

Caesar
05-09-2013, 09:24 PM
This is a fantastically moody and storytelling artpiece, like a scene of some artful Japanese or Chinese movie.

Mike Severoff
05-10-2013, 07:10 AM
it's cool
thanx

Gms9810
05-10-2013, 08:49 AM
I really like it, it's simple but very effective. I sometimes think my drawings are too complex, which makes them worse rather than better.

Mairzie Dotes
05-10-2013, 08:51 AM
pai,
An extremely mood driven yet delicate expression set to canvas.
The suspense of uncertainty is revealed as in a story that has not
yet reached it's conclusion. Beautifully painted! :D

copespeak
05-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Very evocative Pai.

Sketchism71
05-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Beautiful painting Pai! It seems to want to tell a story!

pai
05-10-2013, 07:46 PM
hello hypotaxis, thanks for looking in and nice comment :)

hi Geoff, oh well, i know every painting gives everyone different interpretation, i am glad that you see it as kind of romantic story and maybe happy ending too :)

hello Dakey, thanks so much for your so kind compliments on this quickie again. didn't really think of all those things you pointed out, i was just doodling as usual when i start, put painting on the canvas first, then let it tells me the image when music is in my head. actually, i maybe silly, this piece is also for my dad again. so possible because of the emotion gives me the energy to focus on this quickie. more on the mood, i think. guessed or knowing he won't come back just hoping. thanks :)

Sandy, you are always such sweet and nice to my doodling, thanks so much :)

hello justjean, possible it's a romantic story, i might see it that way instead, a rose in the hand, thank for nice words :)

haha, Caesar, you must be watching lots of anime/manga in Japanese or Chinese style, somehow after you pointed it out, i can see that too a little bit..thanks for your nice comments :)

hi Mike, thanks for dropping by. glad you like it :)

hello Gms9810, i am not sure and not always complicated composition won't be good ones. i think somehow this one i just don't know what to add more after the last flower i painted it for my father, thanks for looking in :)

hi hi Mairzie, i missed your poetic words, so many thanks this painting has given your nice feeling that you can resonate. uncertainty in my dream but absolute fact in reality. thanks so much for looking in :)

hello Robyn, yes, maybe it's a little bit that feeling as sometimes words and picture still can't express all :)

hey hey Eddie, thanks again for such kind words on my doodling. nice to see you here again. :)

coops
05-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Very moving work Pai, watching and waiting just to say hello again. :)

Selby
05-11-2013, 06:27 AM
beautiful Pai:) I love that though its dark it feels hopeful to me-as though the figure is there to light the way for someone.

Gms9810
05-11-2013, 07:14 AM
"hello Gms9810, i am not sure and not always complicated composition won't be good ones. i think somehow this one i just don't know what to add more after the last flower i painted it for my father, thanks for looking in"

In the words of the immortal Bob Ross 'Sometimes you just have to stop on a painting before you put so much on that you kill it to death.'

pai
05-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks Katie, Selby and Gms for all so nice words. Much appreciated :)