PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Has 2B to 2H pencil preset ?

pai
05-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi, I tried to search through here for pencil sketch presets from 2B to 2H. Anyone has a preset already that can be shared? Thanks :)

Someonesane
05-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi Pai,

I don't have them labeled specifically as "2B" and "2H", but maybe you'll find what you need in the follow ARPACK I made:

Pencil Pack (https://www.dropbox.com/s/whmdi5518013cmu/Pencil%20Pack.arpack?dl=0)

The pack hold presets for the Sticker Spray tool, which were designed for drawing purposes and all use a single sticker sheet. They're all set to have a shift in opacity based on pen pressure. They get darker as they go up in number (so "1" is the lightest and they get darker as they go up), until you get to "A". "A" is actually "10", but that would've put the preset out of order in the group, so just pretend the "A" stands for the "Absolute" darkest of the presets.

Here's an example shot:

pai
05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks so much S.O.S, you are always so helpful to our Artrage community/family :) This is very good enough for me. I was trying different setting previously and was not satisfied my own sets. So I thought some experts will give me some input. Thanks again for making this. Very appreciated your help :)

Someonesane
05-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Any time Pai :cool:. I hope they work well for your needs.

silva
05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
very nice. Thank you.

Someonesane
05-09-2013, 03:21 AM
very nice. Thank you.

No problem :)

w12m
05-09-2013, 08:15 AM
I would also like to say thank you, so: THANK YOY!
achk, I was so close!! ohohoh

Rowena
05-10-2013, 12:29 AM
This is an sweet collection - huge thanks to SS (who might also conceivably be called SomeoneTotheRescue since he is so helpful to us all - very much appreciated!!!!!)
..and huge thanks also to dear lovely Pai for making this request! :)

GwenGlow
09-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Thank you very much, just what I was looking for. : )
Gwen

dafloydman
01-04-2016, 01:23 AM
Hi all brand new to AR. Does this work with 4.5?
I have installed but can only see brush test wave under pencil
pack thanks all

markw
01-04-2016, 02:50 AM
pack thanks all

Hello dafloydman and welcome to the ArtRage forums:)
Yes it works in AR4.5
"Test Wave" is the name of the image or “Sticker” used for the brush head and is used for all the pencils in the pack.
To use the different pencils as designed select them from the Presets Panel only.
The Settings panel (where you see the title "Test Wave") is where you can start making adjustments for your own requirements
You can change the image used by clicking on it's name and selecting another from the list of installed Stickers and clicking on the Spray Variation button will bring up another window to access all the user variables in the Sticker Spray tool.
To get back to where you started just click on the preset you started with and any changes you had made will be reset.
Have a look around the forums for more in depth articles about the Sticker Spry tool. There is a lot to it!
Your going to have a lot of fun exploring ArtRage and what you can do I’m sure!

dafloydman
01-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Cheers mark thanks so much for the detailed help.

HannahRage
01-05-2016, 12:50 PM
pack thanks all

You can find most of them under the Sticker Sprays tool - they're sticker sprays that mimic pencil, rather than settings for the actual pencil tool.

gregwatkiss
02-10-2016, 05:30 AM
Hello,

Some help please. I am new to ArtRage so I am still finding my way around the application. I just downloaded your Pencil Pack but can not find the pencils etc. I first thought that I had not download the pack properly so I tried again to be told by AR that the pacakage was already installed. This information also gave me the option to repare the download which I tried but I still can not find the pencils. Any ideas what I am do wrong and how correct my problem.

Kind regards,
Greg

Someonesane
02-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Hello gregwatkiss,

The "pencils" in the pencil pack I made are actually "Sticker Spray" presets, so be sure you first have the Sticker Spray tool selected. Once you're sure you've selected the Sticker Spray tool, open the presets panel and locate and click on the group named "Pencil Pack", where you'll find the presets that act as "Pencils".

Deceptikron_NZ
02-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Hi Sane,

I unpacked the package file into AR and I still can't see these pencil presets, I looked in stickers and presets and no pecils as such, the pencil tab is in stickers but it doesn't being up pencils

Someonesane
02-28-2016, 05:39 AM
Hi Sane,

I unpacked the package file into AR and I still can't see these pencil presets, I looked in stickers and presets and no pecils as such, the pencil tab is in stickers but it doesn't being up pencils

Be sure that you select the "Sticker Spray" tool, first. With the Sticker Spray tool selected, you must then open the Presets Panel and select the "Pencil Pack" from the Group menu, where you'll then see the available presets. If you download the newer version of the pack (See this thread (https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?44963-I-need-a-finger-for-my-pencil-work)), you'll also have access to a few Palette knife presets. To use those, you need to select the Palette Knife tool, then open the presets panel and select that tools "Pencil Pack" preset group from the Group menu.

Here's a video showing the process of installing the updated Pencil Pack, along with how to access the presets for both the Sticker Spray and Palette Knife tools:

Video Link: https://youtu.be/dBbwBLUXSXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBbwBLUXSXE

dafloydman
04-29-2016, 09:24 PM
Hi I have been enjoying this pack ,however it doesn't seem to respond to pencil
Rotation for shading . Is this normal . Cheers

Someonesane
04-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Hi I have been enjoying this pack ,however it doesn't seem to respond to pencil
Rotation for shading . Is this normal . Cheers

Hi dafloydman,

Yes, it is. At the time I made the pack, I didn't have access to a tablet that registered tilt, so I wouldn't have been able to test and adjust the presets correctly, for it. I've been pretty busy with my job lately, but I'll try to make some time to recreate the set, with tilt added. Keep in mind, that different brands of tablets may have steeper curves to their tilting (some even allow you to set it), so results will vary, depending on that. In which case, it might even be worth your time to tinker with the presets variation panel, yourself. Just select one of the pencil presets, open the settings panel, and click the variations button. On the panel that opens, locate the option for tilt across the top of the panel and follow it down to the option for scale, along the left of the panel. Where they intersect on the grid, click and drag your mouse to adjust the dial for the presets scale to adjust by tilt. Setting it to 100% (be sure it's positive; green dial) should allow for the full range of your pens tilt to be accounted for.

Just a note about directions, though. I'm typing this all from memory, as I'm on my iPad and not in front of my computer, so some of the details may be off. It should be close enough to make a go of it though. Have fun!

paulfromaustralia
05-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Thank you for a great pack.

Keep up the great work.

SkyDance
01-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Hi, I'm new to AR, just installed it recently and trying to use it, I watched your course on Lynda and you show there are blending pencils in your pencil pack. I downloaded this pack but it seems it doesn't have it. Is it available for downloading? or how do I blend pencil in AR? I'm used to use tortillion or stump when I draw with pencil but cant find it in AR
Thank you! :)

Someonesane
01-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Hi, I'm new to AR, just installed it recently and trying to use it, I watched your course on Lynda and you show there are blending pencils in your pencil pack. I downloaded this pack but it seems it doesn't have it. Is it available for downloading? or how do I blend pencil in AR? I'm used to use tortillion or stump when I draw with pencil but cant find it in AR
Thank you! :)

Hi SkyDance,

Thanks for watching my videos at Lynda.com! I hope you found them useful :D

The blending presets I believe you are referring to are for the Palette Knife tool and act sort of like tortillion. They aren't bundled with the preset pack posted within this thread, but you can get them in the arpack linked within this thread: LINK (https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?44963-I-need-a-finger-for-my-pencil-work). After you've installed it, you should be able to locate the three blenders under the "Pencil Pack" group on the Preset Panel once you've selected the Palette Knife Tool. It's important to select the Palette Knife first, otherwise you'll be looking at presets for another tool.

SkyDance
01-15-2017, 08:07 AM
Thank you Someonesane! Yes, your videos at Lynda.com are very useful! It helped me a lot!:)

HwyStar
01-15-2017, 08:43 AM
SOS: Do you have plans of updating Lynda.com with 5.0? Paint a painting using the new pastels?

Someonesane
01-15-2017, 02:10 PM
SOS: Do you have plans of updating Lynda.com with 5.0? Paint a painting using the new pastels?

I certainly enjoyed doing the AR4 tutorials, so I'm sure I'd have fun doing more for AR 5. Unfortunately, I'm currently very busy with a full time job, so I may not have the opportunity to make the trip required to create them (I actually had to go to California to record those videos in a studio at the Lynda offices). If they show interest in having some done for AR5 however, I would be open to talking with them about how we might get it done. :cool: