With a deepening heart
No more words to say
You will find that the world
Has changed forever

And the trees are now turning
From green to gold
And the sun is now fading
I wish I could hold you closer

Trying these few days different media to paint portrait, this one mostly watercolour 90%, oil paint and little bit air brush.

limey-g
05-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Wonderful pai, not only a really good portrait but poetic as well.
Geoff

byroncallas
05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
That is REALLY very well done Pai. Lovely on all accounts.

Caesar
05-02-2013, 07:04 PM
WOW! You're mythical!

copespeak
05-02-2013, 08:49 PM
A really beautiful painting Pai! She's lovely! :)

justjean
05-03-2013, 01:09 AM
A lovely lady indeed , Pai :)

D Akey
05-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Amazing portrait. Really captures her likeness, yet you do it in a very streamlined way which makes it more graphic in treatment. Yet it completely looks dimensional. It's as if you removed all the non-essentials yet nailed the likeness and dimensionality in a soft elegant way that is like a beginning to a fully rendered portrait or really complete sketch. Sometimes an artist doesn't know when to stop a painting. When I am not limited by a client's expectations I am freer to stop a painting at the stage where it breathes life. I think this one was stopped at such a moment and as a result it feels supple and alive and honest, as if describing someone perfectly and essentially and succinctly.

Very impressive. Love the colors as well.

Go Pai!

Alexandra
05-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Beautiful work Pai. I loved the actress that they chose for the part. Great likeness, beautiful tones.

coops
05-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Once again brilliant work Pai:)

pai
05-08-2013, 10:20 AM
thank you Geoff, i really like this character in the LOTR and thinking her sweet nice voice singing the song :)

thanks Bryon, you are always so nice comments :)

haha, Caesar, you laughed at me. :D i just like this story a lot.

thanks so much Robyn anad Justjean i am so glad you both like this painting :)

Amazing portrait. Really captures her likeness, yet you do it in a very streamlined way which makes it more graphic in treatment. Yet it completely looks dimensional. It's as if you removed all the non-essentials yet nailed the likeness and dimensionality in a soft elegant way that is like a beginning to a fully rendered portrait or really complete sketch. Sometimes an artist doesn't know when to stop a painting. When I am not limited by a client's expectations I am freer to stop a painting at the stage where it breathes life. I think this one was stopped at such a moment and as a result it feels supple and alive and honest, as if describing someone perfectly and essentially and succinctly.

Very impressive. Love the colors as well.

Go Pai!

Hi Dakey, yes, it's the first time i used watercolor on portrait and i found Arwen (Liv Tyler) kinda of suitable for applying that media. strange though. i also just love the way she looks like that. thinking her beauty in the story is so purity white feeling. i don't want to put more oil paint on this portrait of her. somehow i would think i would carelessly cover her mythical elf beauty look. thanks so much for the nice comments. :)

yes, Sandy, i really like her to portray Arwen's. I think it's appropriate. the one scenery i like in the series is when Arwen brings Frodo to her father to rescue him and she drawn her sword and protected Frodo from the Ringwraith. And then she summoned the elf spells to drawn the sea horses. That cinematic scene I like a lot. Thanks for your nice words :)

thanks Katie, you're always so nice comments :)