PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of my Daughter

copespeak
05-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Well, Marilyn Munroe got me going, so I attempted a portrait of my beautiful daughter. It is hard doing someone you know so well, but I am delighted with the outcome, developing a whole new method that seems to work for me.

Marilyn Anne
05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
I think you have done a wonderful job. It is a lovely portrait of a truly beautiful girl.

copespeak
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much Marilyn Anne, she is gorgeous in nature and in looks. I am still fiddling with the image and will post an update soon. :)

Alexandra
05-01-2013, 09:38 PM
How beautiful Robyn!

eighty+
05-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Mashing Rob :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

operated
05-02-2013, 12:10 AM
U really know how to get the expressions right ,

real nice painting .

copespeak
05-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Thanks for stopping by Operated, Alexandra and Eighty!

jonwood
05-02-2013, 02:25 AM
very nice portrait indeed..It is difficult to draw your own family..I've tried myself without any success:)

Rowena
05-02-2013, 04:54 AM
Lovely portrait... your daughter is very beautiful!
I like the expression you have painted :)

D Akey
05-02-2013, 05:13 AM
Has a 1930s feel to me in a way. Don't ask why. But somewhere in my memory is pinging a resonance with this one stylistically, also the hair style, the simplicity of the garment, the artistically textured background, the bits of jewelry.

It's wonderfully expressive, as someone who has an active life inside themselves and out. She's extremely well painted, with some of the artist's emphasis commenting through the look of what was being emphasized.

Have you ever seen those old movies of artists or photographers working a model to get 'the' expression and pose? This has that kind of feel, as if you yelled "Hold it! Right there. . . Don't move. . . " You've caught a moment of depth or you infused it with what you know and feel.

She's stunning and spirited (or so I get from this painting). Brilliantly captured features. . . but you ought to know, you gave them to her knowing full well she would have to sit for you. It's light years in quality between this and the Marylin portrait. You have to print this one and put a frame around it and hang it forthwith. Waste no time.

Jim Walsh
05-02-2013, 05:48 AM
very beautiful painting

NatureWorks
05-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Very nicely done painting of such a lovely subject.

justjean
05-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Robyn, a lovely painting of a beautiful woman

limey-g
05-02-2013, 07:45 AM
This is a lovely portrait Robyn and knowing you I bet it is really lifelike.I like how you have a created a direction for lighting her , which certainly adds to the structure of her face.
I can certainly attest to how difficult it is to paint someone you know so well.
Geoff

copespeak
05-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Have you ever seen those old movies of artists or photographers working a model to get 'the' expression and pose? This has that kind of feel, as if you yelled "Hold it! Right there. . . Don't move. . . " You've caught a moment of depth or you infused it with what you know and feel.

She's stunning and spirited (or so I get from this painting). Brilliantly captured features. . . but you ought to know, you gave them to her knowing full well she would have to sit for you. It's light years in quality between this and the Marylin portrait. You have to print this one and put a frame around it and hang it forthwith. Waste no time.

Yes, Mr Akey, I will frame and give it to her. I might even do one for me too! She's a psychologist and a really passionate, interesting girl. I have tried a few times to capture her and not succeeded, human portraiture not being my first love.

I struggled to get both eyes looking at the viewer for quite a while. It amazing how a tiny lift of one iris can change everything.

The Marilyn one was just a quick scratch around, and I know I should work on it more, but I kinda like it casualness. Another painting is always calling!

Thank you Geoff, Jean, Jim and Natureworks for your lovely comments! :) :)

D Akey
05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
I just noticed it has no signature. May want to pop that in before printing -- or at least sign it after if it's already gone to the printer.

I KNOW your daughter will want it in there for sure.

copespeak
05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
I actually print my own, and sign individually below the print, so that's taken care of! :)

byroncallas
05-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Downright outstanding.

Z1Xwitch
05-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Great work .. I really like her crooked smile, and fist-in-chin-pose ...
The choice of blue color here is also great here, as it's emphazising the pose (and the whole painting actually) with a great subliminal feeling of calmness and deep thoughts.
I like :D

AT-TA
05-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Really beautiful portrait.And a beautiful daughter. Something to be proud of.

pai
05-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Very awesome great portrait of not just a beautiful lady and also kindered spirit to me by looking at her. I really in love with your daughter and how your painted her so well. :) Her eyes shows her deep soul very much. You painted her character so great. I glad she likes it a lot. :)

hypotaxis
05-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Zowee! Wonderful portrait Robyn. It is my ambition one day to paint portraits.

Caesar
05-02-2013, 06:56 PM
The subject is a wonderful lady for sure and her beauty deserved this portrait. It's certainly not really the case when we say "Every bug is beautiful to its mom". LOL:D
I presume such attractiveness may well be a familiar inheritance, but I'm pretty sure You are an artist , so You were artful and masterful painting this portrait ... as well as generating Your charming daughter.;)

copespeak
05-02-2013, 08:44 PM
You're all so lovely and supportive. Thank you for sharing what is to me somewhat of an achievement, never doing a portrait I want to keep! :D :D

coops
05-04-2013, 01:28 AM
What a beautiful portait and love the detail on the bracelet:)

kenmo
05-04-2013, 01:41 AM
She is beautiful as is your painting.....:D

copespeak
05-04-2013, 09:15 AM
You're very kind. Thank you Coops and Kenmo!

screenpainter
05-06-2013, 12:43 AM
oh my... that's fantastic!