PDA

View Full Version : My Mr Bean

limey-g
04-30-2013, 05:35 AM
Well both pai and eighty have done something on mr bean and as I watch the Thin Blue line every week I thought I would have a go.
Something different for me, I used oil instead of my favourite chalk.
Geoff

D Akey
04-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Like we're having a string of beans here at the MOARA cafeteria.

Jolly good pic.

justjean
04-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Mr Bean seems to be a favorite on here :D you did a great job on him

copespeak
04-30-2013, 08:28 AM
What a wonderful character he is! I still love Black Adder as well. Good job of painting him Geoff! :)

pai
04-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Haha, oh well, I didn't know my painting's title ~ Mr. Bean can create a blast here...yay ! More Mr. Bean. This one is my favorite look of the comedian Mr. Bean. He always made me laughed when I watched his shows. Great painting, Geoff and I love oil ! You're very good using it ! More ! :D:rolleyes:

Caesar
04-30-2013, 10:27 PM
He must be looking to Your wonderfully painted ladies! I presume his teddy bear wasn't allowed to share such pleasure. Fantastic!

limey-g
04-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Thanks everyone, he has such an expressive face to paint especially with those eyes and those bushy eyebrows.
Geoff

Alexandra
05-01-2013, 12:59 PM
He is so funny Geoff, great work.

limey-g
05-01-2013, 01:04 PM
He is so funny Geoff, great work.

Thanks much appreciated
Geoff

Z1Xwitch
05-01-2013, 07:07 PM
What a great piece .. I love Mr bean :D

I actually have the picture I assume you used as a reference, as a poster at home... If I'm not mistaken, it's from "Mr Beans Holiday".

You did an really outstanding job with the oils on this one. It's darn near spot on to the poster I have, down to the positioning of blue spots on the tie, the tweed texturing and the color-tones in use. :)
Outstanding job with oils!
Did you use the reference as an overlay or anything like that?? The similarity is uncanningly striking!

limey-g
05-01-2013, 11:08 PM
What a great piece .. I love Mr bean :D

I actually have the picture I assume you used as a reference, as a poster at home... If I'm not mistaken, it's from "Mr Beans Holiday".

You did an really outstanding job with the oils on this one. It's darn near spot on to the poster I have, down to the positioning of blue spots on the tie, the tweed texturing and the color-tones in use. :)
Outstanding job with oils!
Did you use the reference as an overlay or anything like that?? The similarity is uncanningly striking!

Thanks, I always use a ref image that I can blow up large to get the various elements of a face correct and for me thats lots of trial and error and erasing and clearing of layer content until I get what I want. Each element of a face is on a different layer .
When it comes to clothing I play and play with every variation of tools that Artrage has to find something that kind of works. Because the image I post is not that large it kind of works but it is not that good when you see the larger version.
Geoff

jonwood
05-02-2013, 02:27 AM
good one :)

jibes
05-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Geoff. You done him up good! Very impressive!

limey-g
05-02-2013, 07:06 AM
Thanks for your kind words, I think we all liked Mr Bean on the TV.
Geoff