PDA

View Full Version : Purple Haze

Bobbi
04-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Still exploring the gradient tool and the effects possible. I had made a stencil with descending squares and used the fill tool to apply subtle coloring to them.

byroncallas
04-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Is it permissible to suggest you dropped a tab before beginning work on this wonerful little piece? ;););):D:D:):)

Bobbi
04-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Is it permissible to suggest you dropped a tab before beginning work on this wonerful little piece? ;););):D:D:):)

I'm not sure what you mean. Is there a goof that I am not seeing??? :confused:

byroncallas
04-27-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. Is there a goof that I am not seeing??? :confused:

Oops. My child, Purple Haze was once a very popular concoction of LSD, made famous in one of Jimi Hendrix's more memorable musical concoctions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjMuKP1GpLY

Busted????

Bobbi
04-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Oops. My child, Purple Haze was once a very popular concoction of LSD, made famous in one of Jimi Hendrix's more memorable musical concoctions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjMuKP1GpLY

Busted????

I am busted for not being familiar with that music. The closest I thing to LSD back in the late 50's, early 60's was LSMFT (Lucky Strike Means Fine tobacco) I hark back to the Elvis, Pat Boone, Bill Haley, etc. era. ;) Did a bit of dancing to the BG's and Donna Summer in the early 70's. So I'm not sure what I am tripping on when I do these paintings. ;)

byroncallas
04-27-2013, 05:57 PM
I am busted for not being familiar with that music. The closest I thing to LSD back in the late 50's, early 60's was LSMFT (Lucky Strike Means Fine tobacco) I hark back to the Elvis, Pat Boone, Bill Haley, etc. era. ;) Did a bit of dancing to the BG's and Donna Summer in the early 70's. So I'm not sure what I am tripping on when I do these paintings. ;)

LOL. And Hey, "Call for Phillip Morris". Meanwhile, whatever it is, keep taking it. :D:D:D:D

semd74
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
A colorful and interesting piece

Caesar
05-01-2013, 02:02 AM
Terrificly good!

Mairzie Dotes
05-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Bobbi,
Excellent combination of free flowing textures with a centered, rather hypnotic
design that entices you to move inward and into the purple abyss. :D