PDA

View Full Version : Express my self-portrait (NEW one Apr 25)

pai
04-24-2013, 02:06 AM
sketch on myself, i found not that easy even just simple outline my own face features.....want to do more in future, think is a fun way to look "into" myself...haha :p:rolleyes:

Alexandra
04-24-2013, 09:26 AM
One of my favorite artists of all time and such a kind, thoughtful, and beautiful person. Great work Pai!

copespeak
04-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Very unusual, and a great drawing Pai!

D Akey
04-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Hey, you look great! I really like it. Lots of depth, lots of soul. I especially love the surprise of the super toothy paper in the hair. Sort of reminds me of hair that's been adorned. Anything from Rastafarian to braids to a perm to braids with bits of seashells or beads etc. But since it's achieved with using an art materials technique, it says 'Very Artistically Minded". Your facial expression also has a little bit of a look like "What do you think?" I love it! Hahaha. It's very clever. And looks wonderful. Very bold.

limey-g
04-24-2013, 10:58 AM
A lovely portrait Pai you are very pretty.
Geoff

semd74
04-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Well done !!

Caesar
04-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Essential style in this self-portrait. Effective expressivity (although a little on the sad side).

kenmo
04-25-2013, 03:57 AM
Nice portrait.....:cool:

operated
04-25-2013, 04:00 AM
nice job ,

love the hair and the way u did the nose .

justjean
04-25-2013, 07:45 AM
A lovely self portrait , Pai and your gentleness shows through :):)

pai
04-26-2013, 03:27 AM
Aww, Sandy, you're too sweet. Thanks so much for you lovely words, and, I am not great enough yet..haha :o:o {blushed}

Thanks so much Copespeak, approved from you, a great artist, is one of the happies thing this moment, you made my day. :)

Hey, you look great! I really like it. Lots of depth, lots of soul. I especially love the surprise of the super toothy paper in the hair. Sort of reminds me of hair that's been adorned. Anything from Rastafarian to braids to a perm to braids with bits of seashells or beads etc. But since it's achieved with using an art materials technique, it says 'Very Artistically Minded". Your facial expression also has a little bit of a look like "What do you think?" I love it! Hahaha. It's very clever. And looks wonderful. Very bold.

Haha, Dakey, depth and soul? :p I look sick in that picture and confused..haha. Yes, a new hair style I quite like it. Not that meant I am having that in real look..haha. Love how you interpret my facial expression ! yes, "What da ya think?" ..haha.

Geoff, oh my, you made me blushing..no no, I look horrible sick at this moment. I will show you in my next self-portrait of the day..haha..thanks for nice words :)

Thanks Semd, Kenmo, Operated for checking out this messy self-portrait..haha.

Hello Caesar, that look wasn't sad look..haha..is sick look :p:D I have a terrible flu.

Aww, you're so kind and sweet, Justjean, thanks for nice words :)

pai
04-26-2013, 03:29 AM
Another quickie self-portriat . This is how I look when I am sick and can't work or do anything..:)

pai
04-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Took a nap and wanted to spend time on self-portrait again. This one take about 4 hours. Getting slow again when I didn't know what to do sometimes. I still look tired. :rolleyes:

Z1Xwitch
04-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Great work .. It take some guts to do self portraits, and you pull it of nicely :D

justjean
04-26-2013, 01:59 PM
It's great what a little nap will do and now I see your bright eyed and lovely self again :)

AT-TA
04-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Simple but effective style. :)

limey-g
04-27-2013, 06:20 AM
I really like the last one,you look so much more alert in it.
Geoff

pai
04-27-2013, 12:37 PM
hi Z1Xwitch, thanks so much for your kind words, you're awesome in your great portrait sketches. learn a lot from you :)

yes, justjean, a lot better from the flu, but, ha, and other physical problem comes up, don't know when i don't have to fight with these physical problem.well, painting helps me until one day i can't :)

thanks so much, Anna, :)

hi Geoff, yes, i think i am more awake now, thanks for taking time to stop by :)

D Akey
04-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Lovely range. One seems to have gone for matching your outer features in a portrait style. The other looks like it matches an inner mood. So inner and outer portraits, these last two. Wonderful.

Alexandra
04-28-2013, 07:00 AM
More beautiful Pai's. This is a great thread Pai and a great idea.

samiro
04-28-2013, 11:33 AM
lovely portrait...most of great artist make their self portrait:)