PDA

View Full Version : Late summer

hypotaxis
04-13-2013, 09:15 AM
I am working with the oils. Fairly new for me.

I have been working on this painting in various incarnations for quite a while.

This is done with some guidance from Karen Bonaker of the Digital Art Academy. A great teacher. I am responsible for whatever is wrong with the painting not her! :)

Brett

copespeak
04-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Brett, that is just beautiful! I love the flower details and the texture. Very good!! :D

limey-g
04-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Very nice, love the colours, sorry your summer is coming to a close but remember your loss is our gain in the northern hemisphere .
Geoff

D Akey
04-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Hahah. No it's all her fault.

There's nothing wrong with it, by the way.

I like the contrasts between the sky and land. It's bordering on the decorative, certainly fanciful in the stylization of the grassy area, and I expect some child to come tearing over the rise any moment intent on catching a butterfly or chasing a kite. Might even be a puppy bounding along beside them. Of course this is all what it sparks in my mind, not that those elements should be in the pic.

The style feels like a children's book owing to the style of the plants especially, with the emphasis on healthy youthful innocence. Clean and fresh and uncomplicated.

Claude Monet, the childhood years.

hypotaxis
04-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone! I really like the idea of a child just over the horizon with a butterfly net. Very cool!

It's strange I always seem to head towards illustrations, and I have no idea why. But I do love illustrations ... and children's picture books. Maybe I should try to make one.

Brett

D Akey
04-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks everyone! I really like the idea of a child just over the horizon with a butterfly net. Very cool!

It's strange I always seem to head towards illustrations, and I have no idea why. But I do love illustrations ... and children's picture books. Maybe I should try to make one.

Brett

Yes please.

hypotaxis
04-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes please.
I'm thinking, I'm thinking already!

Brett

kenmo
04-14-2013, 08:49 AM
late summer...is better then no summer... Very serene and tranquil painting... Love it...