PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Spotlights forum!

DaveRage
02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
The Gallery forum is so busy that it's sometimes easy to miss a good painting as it vanishes from the first page. In this forum, we will be collecting old threads from the Gallery that show off the work of an artist or the features of ArtRage particularly well. All users can add comments to threads, but new threads can only be created by moderators.

AndyRage
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
As at today (March 12, 2007) I've gone through the old forum posts up until Feb 1st 2007.
Did you realize there were over 3000 topics in the gallery? Yeesh! It took me around 12 hours of work to go through every single topic reviewing the posted images.

The result is that I've collected most of the artworks together in one gallery which have appealed strongly to me, which show off ArtRage features well, and give a good sampling of the types of things ArtRage is most useful for.
I didn't manage to get them all - I know I've missed some great ones. And you might not agree with some of the ones I *have* put in the spotlights forum.

At the end of March I'll go through images which were posted in then main gallery in February and move some of them to the Spotlights forum. That gives everyone two months to discuss images in the main gallery before they're moved to the spotlights.

ENCHANTER
03-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Good idea....i know personally i missed a few good ones and it is not until a new member who has trawled through the forum has commented on it that it rises to the front :)

hanzz
03-13-2007, 07:13 AM
maybe unable the "normal members" to post here, just moderators.Or this would get to be a second gallery, loosing even more chance to view the paintings. Maybe even better to strip the topics from aal the comments, just the paintings.

(just thinking)

AndyRage
03-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Currenly only forum moderators can start new topics here (so we're the only ones who can move the original thread here). But anyone is still free to add comments to the threads when they're here.

Lee
03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Dear AndyRage and DaveRage, WOOOO!! sounds exciting,,,!! thanks,,,,,

anickyst
03-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Hi Dave & Andy rage. Ive just spent a lovely bit of time looking through ambient spotlights. What a great idea. Youve made some excellent choices and its a nice way to give credit to these artists for their wonderful contributions. Nice one :D

All the best

anickyst :wink:

JohnMalcolm1970
07-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi. Been a registered Artrage user for a while, but only registered for the forums just now. Sadly this means I can't PM this to anybody.

Stumbled across this on the ImagineFX forums - a long established artist using ArtRage3 to great effect:

[EDIT - can't even post URLs... sigh] Googling "pierangelo boog mohawk" should take you to the page I can't post.

You guys should get in touch with him and see if he's got any more Artrage stuff - and try and prise some tips and techniques out of him :)

haakoo
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes,indeed great pieces (http://www.pierangelo-boog.com/search/label/Gallery) of art(Rage)

Hans

wenkat
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Wonderful idea! Any criteria set for moving to Spotlights forum? How about some interesting pictures posted in only in the user gallery and not in the main one?

DarkOwnt
05-04-2016, 12:01 AM
When was the last time the Stoplights forum was updated with artwork?

Will this place be going away when the galleries and everything get revamped?

Any hints about the way artwork will be showcased to sell the product?

HannahRage
05-26-2016, 04:47 PM
It is pretty dead, isn't it? :o

It won't be going away with the galleries, but we will need to take a look at whether we change it going forward - we've got users across so many sites now that often it's hard to keep track and highlight everyone that deserves it in a consistent way. We also have the featured artists section now as well, which will also continue to grow https://www.artrage.com/featured-artists/