PDA

View Full Version : Fun Portrait Sketch in Symmetry Way Continue...(NEW LAST Page APR 30 13)

pai
04-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Oh my, I am addicted to this portrait sketch symmetry tool. so fun ! it's too cool to do portrait sketch this way..haha :D ..getting lazy while sleepy ! :p

Arjen Vriezekolk
04-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi Pai,

There is only one person in the world I know of with a perfect simytrical face.....That guy from "The bold and the beautiful"...
In my opinion (and a humble one..) it is better to make slight aterations to either the left or right side of the face to give it more of a natural look.
But for setting up a good sketch in the first place the simitry tool comes in handy...

regards,

Arjen

pai
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi Arjen, thanks so much for looking in this crazy fun sketch..haha..i was so sleepy and discovered that fun play the last minute. It's like a kid with already half the eye lid falling and covered my eyes, i was fighting with sleepiness and still want to play. Was mostly just fooling with the strokes the last few minutes. And, you are right, the initial right sketch will help tremendously on the process of a better portrait on any type of drawing/painting. :)

Ok, here are more plays with symmetry tool again, can't help it, too addictive this tool :D:p

copespeak
04-06-2013, 01:53 PM
You're having way too much fun!

I guess you could unsymmetrize (bad word, I made that up) afterwards! :D :D

byroncallas
04-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Great fun Pai.
And Robyn may be on to something. ;)

justjean
04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Your symmetry guys and gals all look great , Pai, it's fun playing with that tool isn't it :)

drawing4art
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Love the faces, the sym tool is ideal to get the face measurements right.:)

D Akey
04-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah, it's cool. But a valid point was made about symmetry. A little tricky using symmetry for faces though because we're almost never perfectly mirrored one side to the other. But it's cool for a designed approach. If you do use symmetry you may need to adjust a little at the end as was recommended.

I like the girl a lot by the way. And you seem to be getting some nice effects. They're taking on a little bit of a Manga feel.

pai
04-06-2013, 11:43 PM
haha, copespeak, i still can't " unsymmetrize", more to come and so many ideas want to try out soon..gosh, i forgot to sleep ..lol :rolleyes::p

yes Bryon, fun, fun, and the idea keep flowing, flushing out.. :p

hello justjean, yes, too addictive, did you play too? :)

hi drawing4Art, thanks for checking in, yes, i found it is another place or idea to let me create character or anything..i think :confused::rolleyes::D:)

hiya Dakey, yeh, maybe a little bit manga feel as i used to read manga/comic/anime in kid times, i kept some very old ones, sometimes i will take it out and read again. yes, i did do some fixed/alterations after getting the whole face, then slightly adjusted left/right side differently. yeh, i like circus and clown a lot since kid, i have collections too, so that one came from that idea. :D:)

thanks to all who view these silly plays..haha..

hmm, another one here..more ideas i want to add, hope it's ok.. this one is a quickie painting using the symmetry tool, oil paint, then add texture, blend mode, that's it ! :)

justjean
04-07-2013, 12:41 AM
hello justjean, yes, too addictive, did you play too?
:)

Yep, :) 7483274833 :):):):):):)

Z1Xwitch
04-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Oh.. nice ... I haven't played with the symmetry tool yet, but it looks like fun. I bet it's god for speeding initial sketchwork up. :D

kenmo
04-07-2013, 01:06 AM
very impressive images & use of the sym tool....

pai
04-07-2013, 02:06 AM
aww, justjean, that's so cute..love it..i saw it's hiding behind and sneaking ..haha :D:)

hi Z1Xwitch, you will love it, provided you have such awesome drawing skills, can't wait to see what you will come up with ! :D

thanks so much Kenmo :)

Alexandra
04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
These are sooooo coooool Pai. Love them!

Caesar
04-08-2013, 08:37 PM
It looks like You're enjoying the new playground, dear Pai! Fortunately our faces aren't that symmetric though ... :D BTW, You should show two pictures of You before and after the haircut because I guess they would give inspiration to a couple of differently fascinating characters for some fantasy story. It's certainly easier for You now to get out of the ground and escape ... LOL:o

coops
04-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Looks like you are really having fun Pai:)

Alexandra
04-09-2013, 10:54 AM
I love these Pai. It is such a treat to view your drawings and paintings.

pai
05-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Thank you Sandy, Katie, Caesar for looking into this fun and nice comments.

@ Caesar, I did that already..haha.

Ok, tonight I am in wild mood. So I created this by symmetry tools again. I have lots of fun doing this while listening to music. Oil paint mostly, little bit chalk and art pen just outline a little bit.

Alexandra
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
I keep coming back to this thread Pai. I love the vivid colors, and this last one, great too. I like the expression very much. The oils and strokes wonderful work.

coops
05-04-2013, 01:31 AM
This is so strong both in colour and brushwork, love it Pai:)

kenmo
05-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Superb image & work...love your choice of brushes and canvas textures....:cool:

D Akey
05-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Nice Pai. Looks like a good underpainting. You have a good bunch of colors and values happening. Nice stuff.