PDA

View Full Version : Pai's Abstract & Doodling (Updated Nov21, 2019)

Pages : [1] 2

pai
03-22-2013, 12:36 PM
I remember how I started my first Artrage painting, it's kind of abstract look with putting the oil paint on everywhere and use the platte knife and, I see images then I may go from there or may not. I still love to do abstract. So I will just put all the ones here. Sometimes a title will pop up and sometimes it's "blank". Thanks for looking in and hope you like them :)

LATEST ones at the Last page

Edit: The new added 4th one. i am listening to this music, and playing Fill tool, gradient, stencil, airbrush, and somehow. I have a name for this one. " A Calla Lily Sand Dune "

Orkhan
03-22-2013, 01:24 PM
For the firts a name jumped into my mind : Dancing into the pine forest with MotherBoard... i like that one

Orkhan
03-22-2013, 01:25 PM
For the second: Altered waterwave.. i like the translucent colors in this one

kenmo
03-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Gorgeous doodling....:cool:

chinapete
03-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm trying to guess what kind of music you listen to as you do these ... Girls Generation? :)

justjean
03-22-2013, 02:49 PM
All three look great, Pai , alltho my fav is the first one :)

pai
03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
hi Orkhan, nice to meet you, are you IT professional, a motherboard in a forest. nice creative idea and title :) also yes, that translucent feel is what i am looking for too. thanks for your great suggestion titles :)

Thanks Kenmo again :)

hi Pete, no, I don't even know that band until i googled it. I mostly listen to pure music with sometimes echos in the background. I listen mostly all different kind from classical to new age. any kind that i hear and give me color and image, and, thoughts. here's one of my favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrBZ0rGWXUk you can try it. :)

Thanks justjean, maybe the first one has a figure image, it may be more resonate to us individually, i think :)

I think I am tired today and go to sleep is the best idea..haha :rolleyes:

byroncallas
03-22-2013, 03:45 PM
These are all so lovely Pai - ethereal; they are easily captivating. :)
Beautiful work.

Alexandra
03-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Wonderful pieces Pai, love them all.

Orkhan
03-22-2013, 11:10 PM
dear Pai, i'm not IT person, but forced by life to dive into in&outs of computers, i work for an advertising agency, and for many year worked for local radio stations as DJ.
I can recomend to look for radio hos (Hearts of Space) on the internet. They provide that kind of music that boosts creativity, meditation and insights into being. Hope it helps with faster recovery also.

jibes
03-23-2013, 04:57 AM
All beautiful Pai! Isn't it fun!!

Orkhan
03-23-2013, 05:01 AM
No.4 inspires me a dimmed daffodil... so "Almost spring"

Orkhan
03-23-2013, 05:02 AM
No.3 gave me headache (trying to find meaning for it),... so for me works as a "Deconstruction of X"

coops
03-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Your doodles are so exciting Pai, I really love the last one:)

Ulla
03-24-2013, 11:55 PM
I like them all, Pai, but my favour is #2. Gorgeous colours!

SCP
03-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Nice doodles Pai,with some very interesting results.:)

drawing4art
03-26-2013, 08:37 PM
I am not sure how I missed these Pai....love them all beautiful soft delicate colours and so well blended...The second one is my favorite :)

Caesar
03-26-2013, 09:09 PM
You undoubtedly have Your own personal palette made of cool pastel colors where toned down greens and blues dominate. There is a peaceful and fresh feeling and any flaming or disruptive passion seem to be left out in the past ...

D Akey
03-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Really great brush and palette knife work. I like them a lot, Pai! Racing along with the program like you never stopped.

pai
03-28-2013, 08:33 PM
thanks so much Bryon and Sandy for your nice words :)

hi Orkhan, aww, now i understood. as you titled the first one motherboard..haha. you are very good when coming with title the "Deconstruction of X" is so cool :D thanks so much.

yay ! katie, i am glad you like the last one too as it came with a title..:) thanks :)

yes, playing and exploring the new AR4 again brings lots of excitements and fun to me :D

hello Ulla, thanks for looking in, yes i found out the (#2) second one when i used the edge knife is the most i did when i first got Artrage and knowing "how" to put "colors" on a "canvas"..haha..that's how it all got me start to do more and more...you will have fun too. :)

thanks SCP and drawing4art for nice words :)

Caesar, so nice you have used such beautiful words to describe color, thanks, and i am glad my use of these color give you those feelings :)

DaKey, so glad you like them all. yes, i hope i can keep it up now and won't stop again. thanks so much for checking in and nice words :)

pai
03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Ok, here is another one just did right now. Playing and exploring AR4 tools, mostly i didn't really play much on last version, so it's a combine try out and have fun now. 100% Artrage
I use blende mode, preset texture, oil paint, eraser, stickers, my favorite transform tool.

"Bare foot marks"
- this one somehow is when i am thinking the "The missing train" quickie i posted earlier, where i stand in the water with my bare feet and then now i am start walking on the track as i see no train yet, just enjoying the cold water. observering the light line reflection on the water surface. :)

coops
03-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Love it Pai, its like looking up through Ice and seeing someones footsteps.:)

Alexandra
03-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Cool one Pai! I love the feeties!

RobertSWade
03-29-2013, 11:28 AM
A wondrous place, this gallery!

pai
03-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks so much Katie, Sandy and hi Bob, great to see you here, for all your wonderful comments.

Oh well, just crashed a 2 hour work and didn't save that during in between. So, well, just did this quickie abstract "Cracked"...haha... to take break before rethinking what I just did. Thanks everyone for checking in. (is there auto save) :confused:

copespeak
03-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I thought there was auto save, but it just backs up the preselected (by you) number of saves that you have actually done. I think I've got it right..... Gotta save, save save, all the time. We've all lost work, and it's a horrible feeling.

The little feet, and 'Cracked' are both excellent. Your work is so thoughtful. :)

pai
03-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks so much Copespeak for great advices and I am glad you like the last two images. Well, crashed again, lost another hour of work. Hmm, maybe this painting doesn't want me to finish....ok, need abstract again..

this one called "mental block" after 2 crashes..

dexonsbabe
03-30-2013, 10:35 PM
love them all.........its a horrible feeling when it crashes I just recently lost hours of work and as a newbie and still working it all out was devastated.

Tana123
03-31-2013, 07:00 AM
What a terrible thing to loose hours of work. Thank you for pointing this out, I'll take care and I'll try to remember to save my work more often as well! Nice abstracts by the way, I find the one with the little feet funny!

pai
03-31-2013, 12:05 PM
break time. another abstract, stencils, oil brush, air brush, blend mode, transform tools :)

Lima
03-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Pai, hi there. Wonderful abstracts.

RobertSWade
04-01-2013, 01:50 PM
This one speaks loudly and with a haunting voice.

pai
04-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Thank so much Lima and Bob. :)

April Fool's Day

drawing4art
04-01-2013, 08:29 PM
These new ones are so imaginative and colourful, a feast for the eyes :)

byroncallas
04-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Pai, you're on such a roll with wonderfully imaginative images. A delightful thread in every way.

coops
04-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Love your latest ones, well done Pai:)

pai
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks so much drawing4art, Bryon and Kaite and everyone who commented on my recentposts. I just not feeling well these few days and i still paint when i can, sorry for not having time to reply to you all. i will soon.

Here are doodling pieces i kept evolving with the brush strokes and came out of them.

pai
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
another one also start with no where just brush strokes wandering on the canvas with heavy oil paint then thinner..it's imagined place at the end if you can see it.

D Akey
04-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Wow that butterfly is amazing, Ms. Pai! Really like a beautiful illustration from the 60s on the cover of a sheet music book -- somewhat country style, somewhat pop, even a little hippie. But grass roots fancy. Very nice work.

Also I find the developing sketches brilliant in that they look as if there's life inside reaching for a hand up and out into the world -- as if your muse is reaching to you to help her/him bring the expression into visible being. It feels like 'inception' or 'conception' or 'shall we dance?'

Very intriguing, and I certainly can't wait to see what comes of it. ;)

D Akey
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Oh, you must have just posted the golden alien city. Amazing atmosphere! It feels thick and rich and spontaneous, as if looking into a dream. I would love to read this story. Beautiful mood.

justjean
04-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Pai, a lovely butterfly, I don't usually see things in abstracts but in these I see some one in turmoil with all kinds of hands reaching out to them but then I see there is a boat getting into a safe harbour, I hope this means that you are feeling better and on the mend.

pai
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
hi Dakey, that's interesting on how others see that butterfly :) I did it in totally different mood and different meaning. That was painted while I was listening to a song from a passed away artist. It's about how the person's bleeding wound became a bloody red butterfly. And now, I like to search on the 60s music sheet book cover to look how they painted on the cover and those hippie art too.

About that sketch, yes, since i came back to Artrage, there are so many images in my head i wanted to capture and some of them are not quite as form yet..haha..as well as my skills too, i surely will keep seeking to find it out too myself. :)

Haha..alien ship, i didn't think of alien when i painted that. Mostly it's an extension of my first "imagine seascape" awhile ago, i think. And thanks so much for looking in and wrote such beautiful words about them. Always love to read them. :)

hi Justjean, I really like your interpretation about how that ship related to the sketches above. i think you are really good at looking at abstract, thank so much for your comments :) i feel better after a nap :)

Alexandra
04-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Fantastic additions Pai. I could view them for hours.

Caesar
04-05-2013, 01:54 AM
These aren't just abstracts, they're travels in Your artful mind indeed ...

pai
04-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Thanks Sandy and Caesar for such wonderful and sweet words for me. It meant a lot and very encouraging..Thank U ! :D:D:)

Ok, I think these will be the last few ones for the day because it's abstract..haha. Sorry for so many ! Just can't stop but now I am sleepy, sounds like it's time to stop ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

oil paint, symmetry, transform tool
"aqua amoeba"

oil paint, symmetry, texture, blend mode, transform tool
"rabbit out of hole"

"mongolia ladies" tools as above

"dry bone" oil paint, pencil, airbrush, chalk

Z1Xwitch
04-07-2013, 03:35 AM
Oh boy, I'm glad this just bumped to the top of the forums ...
Freakin awesome work Pai ! I'm a great fan of doodling :D

silvy
04-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Great new pics on this thread. I love the butterfly:)

Alexandra
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
More Pai! Go go go!!!!
All fantastic!

justjean
04-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Looks like your having fun, Pai :)

pai
04-23-2013, 12:10 AM
thank you Z1Xwitch for your nice words, I admire and is the fan of your awesome portrait sketches too :)

hi silvy, thank you :)

haha, Sandy, i will try. have been sick :)

yes, justjean, miss the fun last two weeks :)

I have been back home (my home country) from an urgent matter the last two weeks and also have been real sick from sudden geographical weathering change in my body. I am back home yesterday. This is the first quickie abstract. Missed painting so much in last two weeks. Was able to log in as many times as I can whenever I got a computer access from my friend's office.

An abstract flower if you can see when you viewing it from far away, i guess :)

AT-TA
04-23-2013, 01:44 AM
Hi Pai, I am learning how to read again on this thread...and the experience is wonderful .... colourful, inspirational and nudging ...awesome work here...

copespeak
04-23-2013, 09:41 AM
More great paintings Pai! I love the green one especially. :cool:

justjean
04-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Pai, wonderful transparency and lightness in this last beauty :)

D Akey
04-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Hahahah. Adorable, Pai.

i love all the little angelic smiley faced creatures 'hidden' in the the pictures of vibrations or whatever? Makes the world seem a harmonious place.

Also the pastel vertical pics look like these sorts of creatures waving their wings like hummingbirds -- sort of in the form of snow angels (The shape that people fall into the new snow on their backs and wave their arms leaving an imprint looking like an angel).

Love the whimsy of all of them. I must say I do like when you employ happy colors. Sort of completes the "Up" mood. Good stuff.

Alexandra
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
The colors are beautiful Pai. A garden of light!

Z1Xwitch
04-23-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm in total awe of your latest "doodles" .. I't would look SO awesome printed out and mounted in a frame with backlighting. :D

byroncallas
04-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Pai, more wonderful and beautiful designs. You are all over the place with terrific experiments. All are engaging and delightful in every way. Terrific thread growing here. :D

Caesar
04-24-2013, 01:25 AM
I particularly love the first and the third one of this last batch, but they're all fascinating!

coops
04-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Great new additions and really like the flowers Pai:)

limey-g
04-26-2013, 01:03 AM
My, you have some lovely work here, they are all so good and difficult to pick a favourite.
Geoff

pai
04-26-2013, 02:07 AM
hello AT, Anna, thanks so much for visiting my messy doodling again, i am so happy you found inspirational from these doodling. can't wait to see your paintings again with new ideas :)

hi copespeak, you meant the "mongolia ladies" one, yes, that's something different, i like it too, thanks for dropping by :)

hi justjean, i am so pleased you found that transparency feel, that's what i want to achieve. now i am happy, thanks so much :)

Hahahah. Adorable, Pai.

i love all the little angelic smiley faced creatures 'hidden' in the the pictures of vibrations or whatever? Makes the world seem a harmonious place.

Also the pastel vertical pics look like these sorts of creatures waving their wings like hummingbirds -- sort of in the form of snow angels (The shape that people fall into the new snow on their backs and wave their arms leaving an imprint looking like an angel).

Love the whimsy of all of them. I must say I do like when you employ happy colors. Sort of completes the "Up" mood. Good stuff.

haha..Mr. Dakey ok, i guess no one sees the title i put up there :p. you meant the "aqua amoeba" or "rabbit out of hole" ? , yes, i feel great after the trip and back home even i am so sick from the flu got picked up from back home. thanks so much for your interesting comments, always love to read what you see :)

yay ! thanks so much Sandy ! ;)

Aww, Z1Xwitch, gosh, haha, I am flattered from your comments, those are just messy doodling I picked up quick from my mind ! I am not sure if it will be a waste to hang up these stuffs..haha..thanks a lot ! :rolleyes::)

haha..Bryon ! I learn from you ! your thread has lots of different things and different experiments, I love that to see from yours to give me inspiration too ! Oh, if you remember and have time, I am still waiting to learn from your last post ! ;):)

hey Caesar, thanks for liking them and I am glad you can pick some you like ..haha :p

hello Katie, I am so happy you like that abstract flowers as I love it too..haha, the new one always still fresh in my mind at least still :)

hi Geoff, oh my, i am so happy you visit this messy doodling and find it interesting for you..maybe I should may one for Hunter :p:rolleyes::)

pai
04-27-2013, 01:19 PM
always need to do an abstract after too focus on a portrait type painting. interesting habit :)

"Abstract Flowers"

pai
04-27-2013, 01:24 PM
After Bryon showed me about the "clone" tool, I was playing with it. The background was not done by "transform" tool, insteal is the "clone" tool. Still trying to understand it. This one simply just use the above painting and play with tools. Sticker spray, "clone", selection tool..trying to see how Bryon plays with those tools :) http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?24108-New-This-and-That-Byron-s-AR3-amp-4-Thread-Update-23APR13/page17

Quadratic Circular Tunnel

AT-TA
04-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Pai, both last works are gorgeous...i love the depth of them, especially the second one...one can read in it, walk in it...and fine colours also.

Good you ask a lot... me... am too shy to do so and too ignorant to study ar manual...so i am learning with you a lot.Very good ideas also. :)

byroncallas
04-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Wonderul Pai. These are delicious. I particularly am moved by "Abstract Flowers" which delivers on all levels. Really nice work. :)

D Akey
04-28-2013, 06:34 AM
I love those flowers! Brash and elegant all at once. Love the colors and textures in sot of an 'East Meets West' relationship. Really fantastic piece. It looks like something organic painted on concrete, which produces deep associations for me. Great piece!

The next one for me is like looking at a hieroglyph. It seems to be strongly communicating something important to the artist. Yet the meaning is open for interpretation, as if coming upon a chamber in an ancient excavation site that would make me think of something beyond ancient civilizations. I think I associate that because of the sort of stone/concrete colored and textured background. And there is a quality of symbolism, or it triggers that 'perceptual realm' kind of mystery in me. My mind is going for sure.

Good stuff, Pai!

Alexandra
04-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Oh I love these, Pai, beautiful designs and colors.

coops
04-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Love the flowers one but also love the second one they are great:)

Caesar
04-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Like artful collections of flowers and fossils! I like these last ones and their palettes very mucg!

pai
05-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Thank you Anna, I am so glad you like these abstracts especially it can lead you "into" that tunnel :)

Hey Bryon, thanks for showing me what the clone tool is and I was having fun playing this with my Abstract flower painting, happy you like that flower painting, I like it too :)

I love those flowers! Brash and elegant all at once. Love the colors and textures in sot of an 'East Meets West' relationship. Really fantastic piece. It looks like something organic painted on concrete, which produces deep associations for me. Great piece!

The next one for me is like looking at a hieroglyph. It seems to be strongly communicating something important to the artist. Yet the meaning is open for interpretation, as if coming upon a chamber in an ancient excavation site that would make me think of something beyond ancient civilizations. I think I associate that because of the sort of stone/concrete colored and textured background. And there is a quality of symbolism, or it triggers that 'perceptual realm' kind of mystery in me. My mind is going for sure.

Good stuff, Pai!

Hi Dakey, you got it this time. I have that "East meeting West" at that moment when I painted the flowers in a chinese calligraphy style when I remembered Chinapete's paintings. The 2nd one I like it too while playing with it. It leads me deep into the tunnel and fall into that rabbit hole..haha. Hmm. yes, it's something symbolism and I haven't quite got it before it vanished in my mind eyes as the music has stopped and i was tired.

Thanks so much again, Katie and Sandy for dropping by and found these liking :)

Hi Caesar, I am so pleased you like the last two pieces I doodled. Yes, I am fascinating in fossil archaeology for awhile when I was in school studying history. I like history a lot myself but i have bad memory to remember them. I mostly made up my own stories at the end by remembering my teachers' lectures when writing the exams. Somehow I passed and got great marks. Hahaha. :D:p

pai
05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
I have a habit when doing art, I will keep playing the same music if it leads me all the way to the end. Something different today. I like this song very much for awhile in the past. Somehow I brought it back this afternoon as I recall I saw someone, Bobbi, painted a title with it. I have been listening all day and just playing with abstract of this song and the artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2JED0V8kk

Alexandra
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
I can just see and hear this woman singing from her heart. Great work dear Pai.
I had to re-edit. I missed your upload of the music. Great sound.

pai
05-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks Sandy :)

I am in different mood tonight. So here's totally different abstract continues from last one.....For Bryon, I made used of Clone Tool, Paint Tube, Oil Paint, Stickers (different ones), Selection Tool, Blend Modes, palette knife (lot), custom made textures background. It's good to see in big size. Oh, this is some music I AM hearing now ! :cool::rolleyes:

pai
05-02-2013, 04:59 PM
title " can't stop painting"

Caesar
05-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Superlative new additions! The first two are both absolute winners IMO!

Alexandra
05-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Yes, wonderful new additions Pai, so rich and imaginative!

D Akey
05-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Just exploding with creative energy, Pai!

You know, I have never heard that version of Purple Haze by The Cure. I kinda like it! It is as if Jimi Hendrix himself kept playing the song doing variations on it and now this is what he might have evolved into after decades of playing variations. . . only it just so happens that Jimi stepped out of his body and into The Cure's. But the continuity is in the melody. It's interesting the pic of Hendrix though, with his black light eyes. Seems like he's been sampling that Cajun Voodoo Chili and he's having a slight return -- or flashback?

Love all the pieces. Each has merit in their own right. Very creative.

coops
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Stunning work Pai and such energy in it, well done:)

pai
05-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Haha, Sandy, sorry I tried to paint Jimi Hendrix :P I guessed not that alike again. Thanks for liking these doodles. :)

and Thanks Caesar and Katie for liking them too :)

Just exploding with creative energy, Pai!

You know, I have never heard that version of Purple Haze by The Cure. I kinda like it! It is as if Jimi Hendrix himself kept playing the song doing variations on it and now this is what he might have evolved into after decades of playing variations. . . only it just so happens that Jimi stepped out of his body and into The Cure's. But the continuity is in the melody. It's interesting the pic of Hendrix though, with his black light eyes. Seems like he's been sampling that Cajun Voodoo Chili and he's having a slight return -- or flashback?

Love all the pieces. Each has merit in their own right. Very creative.

Yes, I love The Cure version more and more every time I play it. I have the same feeling that Jimi kinda of into The Cure and comes to life. Thanks for checking in and liking my doodlings :)

byroncallas
05-05-2013, 04:44 PM
I am in different mood tonight. So here's totally different abstract continues from last one.....For Bryon, I made used of Clone Tool, Paint Tube, Oil Paint, Stickers (different ones), Selection Tool, Blend Modes, palette knife (lot), custom made textures background. It's good to see in big size. Oh, this is some music I AM hearing now ! :cool::rolleyes:

Pai, all the new pieces are marvelous. But I particularly find this one outstanding - just a marvel. It is rich, rich, rich. And yes, people are rewarded if they blow it up and spend some time with it. Just GREAT. :cool::D:)

Ditto D Akey re: Purple Haze.

screenpainter
05-06-2013, 12:35 AM
you are making up for lost time with a creative explosion. so good to see you back and a force of nature! I love all your abstracts and April 30th is just an amazing piece art. my favorite.

pai
05-10-2013, 07:55 PM
hello Bryon, I am so glad you like that piece espeically i did it for you :)

hi Albert, so nice to see you dropping by and so pleased that you love that Purple Haze piece, i like the music too :)

pai
05-10-2013, 07:57 PM
A little sick and tired and still want to do a quickie abstract..

"Burning Tree in Ruined City"

coops
05-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Falling, falling I feel I am falling but when I open my eyes again I see a face. Nicely done Pai:)

pai
05-14-2013, 06:24 AM
thanks so much for your kind comments and nice words about this abstract, Kaite :)

Just did an abstract piece with music.

AT-TA
05-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Beautifully sorted colours, pleasant to look at and an exercise of your imaginations and feelings nicely put on virtual canvas...Like it Pai..:)

byroncallas
05-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Beautiful Pai. I love them both. Your imagination goes to so many wonderful places. You introduce them to us in such inspired, elegant, images.

Caesar
05-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Impressive landscapes and flashes in these last two!

D Akey
05-15-2013, 03:44 PM
That burning tree in a ruined city reminds me of something Druidic. Has a stonehendge line of stones behind, and the tree looks like a mask distorting in some kind of altered consciousness. . . rather like an ancient ritualistic thing happening. Cool!

The yellow one that's next is very uplifting and orderly feeling by contrast with the previous one. The bilateral symmetry gives it something of a body like connotation. Also very cool. They could be related one to the other -- the vision once one passes the test of being scared off.

Gms9810
05-15-2013, 04:07 PM
It seems to me that most of your drawings are very simplistic yet tell a whole story. They also remind me of how lousy my childish scribbling is. Maybe I'll be good enough to draw like that someday. I think it requires some art training and natural talent. But then Grandma Moses managed without art training. Maybe I can be Gramps Moses someday.

D Akey
05-15-2013, 04:32 PM
. . . Maybe I can be Gramps Moses someday.

Eh, what's that Moses? You're talking to your grandfather here. Speak up, sonny. Did you say "Party at the Red Sea"? I'll just grab my vermillion and crimson and be right there. . . soon as I find my dentures. . .

justjean
05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
WOW Pai, I turn my back and you just explode with wonderfully exciting, colourful beautiful paintings, keep on painting you are doing great :D

Gms9810
05-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Eh, what's that Moses? You're talking to your grandfather here. Speak up, sonny. Did you say "Party at the Red Sea"? I'll just grab my vermillion and crimson and be right there. . . soon as I find my dentures. . .

we can share a glass of prune juice.... if the dog hasn't drank it.

D Akey
05-16-2013, 10:21 AM
we can share a glass of prune juice.... if the dog hasn't drank it.

And I always thought it was milk and honey. Prune juice ya say? Yeah, well if the dog drank the prune juice he'll be easier to track. . . Just don't aim him toward the manna, no Moe.

pai
05-16-2013, 11:00 AM
hi Anna, thanks so much for nice words. sometimes, i , really didn't know what i was painting about, just lost in the process played with my music :)

hey Bryon, how's your tip. thanks for stopping by and leaving such kind words of my doodlings :)

thanks so much Caesar :)

yes, Dakey, some kind like that but in a future city after our current world, it's more sci-fi imagination while i was painting that, if i remembered correctly. the second piece actually was two painting i was doing at the same time, somehow the psychedelic kind of color covered up that under painting , that's a sky with cloud, the white on top of this abstract actualy are the clouds..somehow don't know exactly why i have to combine them. yes, it's uplifting color in second one. thanks for looking in and nice words about them :)

hello Gms9810, thanks so much for dropping by, i think i am just a very ordinary simple person with little bit sometimes confused in my life..ha. trust me, i don't think your drawings and paintings are childish at all, somehow more reflecting your inner-self more to me, and i like your different butterflies. keep them coming , just like butterfly itself, they never stay still :) :)

and both you and Dakey interesting conversation, i don't understand :) sorry for my bad english understanding, i try, but somehow it's like a diffcult one for me :)

hi Justjean, this one was posted two days ago after few days messy sketches on my own, thanks for looking in and leave me some kind words as always :)

pai
05-16-2013, 11:07 AM
I was looking my past few works since i came back from March, some i played with them a little bit more like this one i like somehow it changes a little bit the meaning and visual effect. The next one, not sure if you can see the texture i put in in small size, not really texture, was think paint with knife

"Sealed Heart"

byroncallas
07-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Lovely work Pai. Somehow these seem to have been missed. I just stumbled on these last two after being away for a bit...I'm glad I went a little deeper in the past posts to and found these. Terrific. I love this thread.

pai
03-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Thanks so much Bryon, I haven't seen you around much. Hope you will stop by sometime to say hi to us :)

Ok, Having some fun for crazy stuffs again ..haha (best view to look it from far and blow it up :p)

Abstract Mountain Seascape

Abstract Dancer

Alexandra
03-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Pai, you won't believe this. I've been doing abstracts as well. I haven't uploaded them tonight due to slow connectivity of my internet provider.
They are not gorgeous like yours though, I love these.
These are wonderful works.

Caesar
03-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Lots of new most intriguing abstracts, sort of informal art outcomes ... There's apparently much of Your "materialised" mood here. Great!

coops
03-20-2014, 01:44 AM
These are so different from your other works and I really like the last one, well done Pai:)

pat1940
03-20-2014, 01:54 AM
Very nice work Pia, always a pleasure to see

stevemawmv
03-20-2014, 04:01 AM
I really enjoyed seeing all your abstracts Pai....
I like the muted colors you choose and your control
over the each piece.
Take care,
Steve

Orkhan
03-20-2014, 08:11 AM
good to see your work again, pai. love the last one. got me the feeling of a bug captured in amber milenias ago, watching outside trough his prison walls... his reality.

AndreaMG
03-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Amazing paintings. I do love the highly textured heart shaped red broken sigil (?), it's fantastic :cool:

copespeak
03-20-2014, 08:46 AM
That last one is a stunner Pai! I love it! :cool:

Victor Osaka
03-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Oooohh. I like!

D Akey
03-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much Bryon, I haven't seen you around much. Hope you will stop by sometime to say hi to us :)

Ok, Having some fun for crazy stuffs again ..haha (best view to look it from far and blow it up :p)

You did exactly that it seems. You looked at the mountain from very far away and went in and did a cross cut showing the layering that formed it so very long ago. It intrigues me how you chose a style of paint brushing that we kind of see in the close up -- swirly lines and all that -- and then you used those kinds of swirly strokes with parallel marks. Anyway, that's just my musing.

By the way I love the two you did before and you must have posted when I went away for a little time. Really strong pieces both of them. Soft, artistic, symbolic and evocative. Wonderful to see your paintings again.

pai
03-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Yay, Sandy, abstract is fun. I think. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I am just fooling around tools on artrage and painted with my music, that's all. Not that great..haha.. thanks for kind words :)

Thanks Caesar, I am pleased you enjoyed them even it may not meaning anything or seen by anyone if it appeals to them as "something"..hah :p

hello Kaite, yeah, I like the last one too, can you see the dancer behind it ? :) :) thanks for dropping by.

thanks so much for coming in and kind words about my messy doodling, Pat :)

hello Steve, I am flattered by your great comments, that I even didn't know I had done that. Yes, I think I used muted color a lot..hmm..make me thinking now..haha, thanks for looking into my thread :)

good to see you again, Orkhan , I like how you see in my last piece and your interpretation. Interesting :)

Thanks Andrea, that red one was awhile ago :p ..haha..I think I was sick when I did that piece ;-)

hello Robyn, thanks for taking time and look into this thread, I am glad you like the last one :D

nice meeting you, Victor, thanks for your kind words :)

hello Dakey, aww, I am pleased you tried to look at it from far and see them, thanks so much. Yeah, I was trying to see through lines and swirl, so interesting though :) it's always nice to hear how you see things in each art piece from each artist here. Amazing ! :D

gxhpainter2
03-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Pai... I didn't know you did abstracts, and I love these, rich, subtle color and movement... I can sense the music in the background. I am loving these !...:cool::cool:

pai
04-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Hello gxhpainter , thanks so much for looking into my crazy doodlings...haha :p

I have some energy today to spend an hour for fun, silly, crazy, messy doodling again. Hope you enjoy them :)

Blurry Vision

Breezy Dreamland

Peacock Dance

Reflection

pat1940
04-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Pia, I just love your doodles, the are so creative and lovely to look at, peacock love it

stevemawmv
04-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Hello Pai,
The energy shows, these are fantastic! Absolutely love your "doodlings".....they may be 'just doodles' to you Pai, but to me these are great!
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
04-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Dear Pai, Your last fluid, shattering and fluctuating abstracts are a delight and utmost artful. All of them and the peacock in particula are a sublime outcome of many centuries of classical chinese artistic canons, sensibility and soul, I think, which somehow gathered in Your heart, mind and talent to be distillated, updated and to magically take visual form.

SilverO
04-01-2014, 10:04 PM
They look really good. The second one is awesome;)

Ostogar
04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
I love them all, but the third, Peacock dance, is WONDERFUL

Alexandra
04-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Pai, these are so interesting and so beautiful. Always unique and with such great perspective and depth. I love your work.

AndreaMG
04-03-2014, 12:44 AM
I like the one with the trees :o

pai
04-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks a lot Pat, glad you enjoy looking into this thread. I like the peacock too :)

Aww Steve, you are so nice with your kind words. sometimes I just painted while I heard the music and really didn't know how the images came up. Thanks for looking in :)

Hello Caesar, I am flattered by your kind words. As I just told Steve, I just "flow" my hand with the paints on canvas with no specific where it will take me. Thanks again for looking in :)

Thank you Silver :)

Hello Ostogar, thanks for checking in. Yeah, it seems that peacock one it's like after my hand has warmed up a little along with the music I heard. :)

Thanks so much Sandy for you lovely words :)

Hello Andrea, glad you like it. I think that one I just use 5 mins and just simple using duplicate and transformed to move around. It's fun to do that one. Thank you :)

justjean
04-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Wonderful doodling, Pai :):):)

pai
04-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks so much, justjean :)

Just another imaginary scene. :)

stevemawmv
04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Hello Pai....you have a beautifully creative imagination, this painting has power and emotion, and I love it!
The music was obviously beautiful and quite inspiring...I like where the paint flowed on this one, well done.
Take care,
Steve

Caesar
04-09-2014, 09:50 PM
This new one enlightens the heart and would need a soul surfer to ride such light waves ...

coops
04-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Like a dream Pai, love it:)

Alexandra
04-10-2014, 11:03 PM
So dreamy, Pai. A beautiful palette and your brush strokes perfect harmony.
I see a wave as well, something where a person may travel in a dream to a beautiful far away land.

mannafig
04-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Very nice Pai

Orkhan
04-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Dear pai, the last one is not abstract anymore.... i had these view, for couple of mornings, where i was camped last summer, durring my vision quest (a shamanic journey) ... the light, the myst, the valley,... the feeling. Thank you for sharing with us.

AndreaMG
04-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Last one looks like a scene from anther planet! Love how you painted it! ciao

D Akey
04-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Feels almost as if you had colored clay and shaped these by smoothing with the hand. Beautiful mood.

pat1940
04-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Another doodle that is so wonderful Pia, I think some day I am going to paint to music just to see what comes of it, I will probably have to toss it away lol

D Akey
04-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Another doodle that is so wonderful Pia, I think some day I am going to paint to music just to see what comes of it, I will probably have to toss it away lol

That's the spirit, Pat! . . . um. . . Judges? No, Pat. I'm afraid that's not quite the spirit we're looking for. . . The correct answer is "I'll try it and it will be a beautiful keeper indeed!". . . "Will be a beautiful keeper indeed. We also would have accepted 'WooooHooooo!!!!!' . . . Woooohoooo. Pai, you still have control of the board. . ."

jibes
04-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Pai. You have such a beautiful imagination! These paintings are a look into your mind, I like what I see.

SilverO
04-11-2014, 09:47 PM
gorgeous painting. I really like it.:)

silvy
04-13-2014, 01:52 AM
Pai .... sublime, charming, beautiful
you fly on canvas.
Your paintings are music, poetry .... it is true art:):)

pai
04-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much for you kind comments, Steve. I can't remember what music I heard. I have a playlist music which specifically play while I paint. Each time the music will shuffle differently. :)

Hello Caesar, awww, I am pleased this quickie has enlightened you. Thanks so much. :D

Hi Katie, haha, maybe I always like day dreaming. I am happy you love this one :)

Thanks a lot for your lovely kind words, Sandy. :D

Hello mannafig, thank you for stopping by. Glad you like it :)

Hi Orkhan, yes, this thread is not just abstract only now. Sometimes, I will post some doodles. I am so happy you shared your experiences that you have seen something like this in my painting. I wish one day I can see it in real too. Thanks for kind words :D

Hello Andrea, maybe one day when people can move to a new planet, there maybe possible a scene like this..haha, thanks for dropping by :)

Hi Dakey, never thought of that the way you described, interesting, using my hand to play with clay :rolleyes: Glad you like it, thanks :D

Aww, Pat, your paintings are so unique style which is recognizable to me now whenever I clicked the post without seeing who painted it. I bet your doodles will be better than mine when you have your first try with music, don't toss it away. I think it will be very creative by you. :)

That's the spirit, Pat! . . . um. . . Judges? No, Pat. I'm afraid that's not quite the spirit we're looking for. . . The correct answer is "I'll try it and it will be a beautiful keeper indeed!". . . "Will be a beautiful keeper indeed. We also would have accepted 'WooooHooooo!!!!!' . . . Woooohoooo. Pai, you still have control of the board. . ."

Haha, Dakey, what control ? haha...I don't seem get good control back in my painting..haha, it still flows whatever the music and the brush movements lead me to. I agreed what you said, the spirit within the process in that moment is what I am doing. It's a precious moment, indeed :)

Aww, thanks so much for lovely words, jibes. Too many dreams I have, haha, well, dreaming is one of the motivations, I guess :p:)

Thanks so much, SilverO, I am pleased you like it :)

Hello Silvy, me, blushed by your kind comments, thanks so much. Not sure about what is true art or false art. Is there such a thing about art ? To me, I love seeing all kind of art by different people by diferent way they did it. To me, I don't qualitfy to see what is good or bad. I more like to see in each piece of work as unique and try to understand each one I see. As well as myself just enjoy the process in within my mind eyes while I paint it or simply just messing around :)

SCP
04-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Wonderful paintings Pai,I have missed looking at your beautiful works.Great work !:):):):):)

silvy
04-18-2014, 04:31 AM

Hello Silvy, me, blushed by your kind comments, thanks so much. Not sure about what is true art or false art. Is there such a thing about art ? To me, I love seeing all kind of art by different people by diferent way they did it. To me, I don't qualitfy to see what is good or bad. I more like to see in each piece of work as unique and try to understand each one I see. As well as myself just enjoy the process in within my mind eyes while I paint it or simply just messing around :)

Agree with you dear Pai. Maybe I didn't use the right word 'true'
I couldn't find the right word to express your talent so spontaneous, made of easy brushstrokes very expressive and impressive. So I used 'true' but not for tell about 'true art' or 'false art'. Probably 'full art' is better then 'true';)

pai
05-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Thanks so much again Silvy for such lovely kind words :)

I haven't been feeling well since last time until just last two days. So today just want to try again to pick up the brush. (I did do some messy doodles just not really like it myself even messy stuffs..haha :p) . Well, since I have energy today, I want to try again.

Hmm, something I want to do today. :)

D Akey
05-09-2014, 09:51 AM
GREAT technique! Fantastic colors. The placement of the eye is a little wobbly. But it's got a very strong presence. Really love the feel.

pai
05-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Aww, Dakey..haha, you're so fast. I just posted. Ok, what technique did I use..haha. Last night I did a warm up, then it made me felt I couldn't move my pen, haha, so scary. So today, after I came back from hospital. I want to make it happen again. Thanks so much for your encouragement. But, what technique you see? Even I didn't know how I painted. LOL. I didn't want to spend too much time like last night, and then finally I torn the canvas..haha :P

I think I still painted too fast too :p This one about 45 mins.

D Akey
05-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Aww, Dakey..haha, you're so fast. I just posted. Ok, what technique did I use..haha. Last night I did a warm up, then it made me felt I couldn't move my pen, haha, so scary. So today, after I came back from hospital. I want to make it happen again. Thanks so much for your encouragement. But, what technique you see? Even I didn't know how I painted. LOL. I didn't want to spend too much time like last night, and then finally I torn the canvas..haha :P

I think I still painted too fast too :p This one about 45 mins.

Yeah yeah. . . technique? What the heck were you doing at the hospital is more to the point. . . I hope you're okay!!!!

Technique in this case: ethereal, a bit of transparency built up with really specific brush strokes -- design of the face with only important details -- dreamlike. Tone complimenting strokes etc. Colors are nocturnal in a way, as if in hospital bright blue lights, now that you mention it -- and having a girl with blue eyes and golden hair in this very cool color scheme is really skillful. :)

pai
05-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Haha..I am good. Still a FIGHTER !! I was at ER on Sunday and today doing EGD gastroscopy testing again. I have been non-stop burping of nearly 2 years. LOL Well, too many things I can't keep up about my health issues. I live mindfully each day. LOL ..haha.... :cool: Oh, great, thanks so much, Dakey. I need some flash back on the art term just like how you explained the technique to remind how I painted. :D:D:D:cool:

copespeak
05-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Your colours are amazing in this Pai! It's lovely to see you back again, and I hope your health picks up. You've been having a hard time it would seem.

vandra
05-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Gosh, I wish I could doodle like that :). I like them all!

AndreaMG
05-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your health Dear Pai, be strong! I'm mesmerized by the last painting, her sad and yet lively look reminds me of Master Leiji Matsumoto's feminine characters :cool:

justjean
05-10-2014, 09:55 AM
pai, so sorry to hear of your health problems and hoping for the best for you

wonderful landscape and lovely lady, great colours in both :)

silvy
05-11-2014, 05:15 AM
Wonderful!
Love the colors you used for this magic girl....a fighter;)
I'm sorry to hear you're not well, in part I understand how you feel because I suffer of gastropathy and I had some bleeding varices few years ago :(...
but the important thing is to keep on fighting always:cool:

byroncallas
05-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi Pai,
First time I've popped into this tread in a long time. I love your recent expressions, all wonderful experiments. You've got the gift. All best thoughts.
b

pai
05-11-2014, 10:10 AM
hello Robyn, how are you doing too? you feel better too :) I am alright, haha, after all these years, I got used to live with my illness, and life still goes on and brightful :p Thanks so much for looking into my doodles :)

hi Vandra, I am happy you enjoyed them. :D

hello Andrea, I didn't know that artist until you mentioned and I google him. An awesome classic japanese manga artist. I don't think I read those or watch that before. Glad my sketch made you related to that. Thanks so much :)

Thanks for kind kind words and your wishes, Justjean. I am good. When days are good and have energy, I am happy ..haha :D

Yay ! Silvy, \woot/ ! Thanks for sharing your experiences too. I am already the very lucky person in the world..haha :D Oh, may be I like firefighter too ..haha :rolleyes:

hi Bryon, it's nice to see you pop into my thread again and happy to see you back ! Looking forward to your new creation ! :D

pai
05-11-2014, 10:13 AM
another 20 mins fun. don't know where it comes from, maybe it's the brightful sun outside today after I have a nice walk at park :D

eighty+
05-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Hi Pai. Good walk. In the park that will do you good Ow yeah MRGROOT. Sends his regards
And hopes you are feeling better ok. I like your toadstools Ok. Kuai Le SHENTI Jainkang

coops
05-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Nice painting Pai and lovely colours:)

Caesar
05-12-2014, 09:57 PM
I don't know whether Your mushrooms and bubbles are poisonous, but they're so fascinating ....

MKROOT
05-13-2014, 07:03 AM
Great gallery. ;)

I think these mushrooms are hallucinogenic. :D :D :D

Pozdrawiam :)

AndreaMG
05-13-2014, 07:09 AM
Spectacular! they seem look kinda trippy :D Ciao

silvy
05-14-2014, 03:58 AM
Just a daydream:):)

gxhpainter2
05-14-2014, 04:28 AM
what a magical painting!.... very evocative .. especially the bubbles floating off... and with your beautiful sense of colors.

justjean
05-14-2014, 04:30 AM
How magical and free , great painting Pai

stevemawmv
05-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Dear Pai....
Hope you are well, I know you are a strong fighter and your good health will prevail.
Love the girl image a few pages back, as you know I like the 'Close ups' too. And your
last painting is light with a magical touch.....I am happy you enjoyed your walk friend.
Take care,
Steve

Alexandra
05-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Hi Pai, I love your paintings, and this last one of the shrooms is great also.
I am sorry to read of your health issues. Get well soon dear lady.

D Akey
05-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Looks like a walk on another planet, Pai! Very intriguing plant life and scale.

pai
05-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Aww, Mr. Eighty, thanks so much for dropping by. So pleased you like my "toadtools" ..haha..you made me laughed. Thanks for teaching me your English. Kuai Le SHENTI Jainkang :D:D:rolleyes::)

Thanks Katie, I am happy you like it :)

Haha, Caesar, no poison in these mushrooms. It has souls in them and alive too ! :p

Dziekuje MKROOT, you reminded me my Polish buddy at work in the past years. Was a great time. He taught me a lot and it's very tall guy. Also an artist too. Haha, I should have asked him to teach me some Polish ! Oh, I hope my mushrooms won't make you fall asleep, instead, give you more imagination to create more great art pieces :)

Hello Andrea, aww, now you mentioned, the color I used seems little trippy and psychedelic but uplifting one :rolleyes: :D

Hi Silvy, I am happy it makes your dream though :D

Hello gxhpainter, thanks so much for dropping by, you're color master and it's happy to see you like my color. :)

Haha, justjean, I dreamt too much and wish I have a magic wand on hand, just wave and my health issues are gone ! :p haha :D See, I am dreaming again !

Aww, thanks so much Steve for you kind words about my last two doodles. Yes, I love walking in refreshing air and breath the spirit of nature, feel the breezy wind on fingers, my hand palm. Feeling my foot palm touches the earthy ground :)

Thanks so much Sandy. I will get better, haha, I think :rolleyes: Well, I don't think much about it. Just like to live fully each day as much as I can and breath the air ! :p:D

Haha, well, maybe a planet I continously build in my mind eyes, in my dreams, Dakey. A beautiful living lives with beautiful things. Thanks so much for looking into my doodles :D :)

pai
05-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Ok, I didn't sleep good as my stomach is killing me..haha. Well, then I messed with Artrage again after seeing so many works from great members here. Can't resist to mess around again for just few ten minutes, then go back to lay down... haha :p

Caesar
05-17-2014, 01:04 AM
Meditative spirits and ghosts ... modernized version of chinese phantom and demons tales? Nicely ethereal!

byroncallas
05-17-2014, 01:11 AM
Yes, mysterious and meditative - Caesar hits the note. Wonderful. Interestingly, I'm somehow reminded of imagery from the primary character in the movie versions of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". One is confronted instantly with the presence of an individual who is emotionally complex, emotions informed by a rich and complex history. You can't exactly put your finger on it, but you know there is a lot there. You know when you dig in it's going to be a wild and rewarding ride.

Meanwhile, I hope you're feeling better soon, dear Pai.

D Akey
05-17-2014, 01:12 AM
Looks to me like you painted how you felt. It seems like a very effective comment about your discomfort in your abdomen. For all that though, it's a brilliant and articulate painting. The technique is extraordinary. Please feel better as well.

copespeak
05-17-2014, 08:55 AM
It's so lovely Pai, and the colours are extraordinary! Sorry to hear you are having such an awful time with your health. Get better soon! xx

justjean
05-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Pai, the pain and suffering that you feel shows in your painting, wishing you better times my friend

stevemawmv
05-17-2014, 11:07 AM
I' am seeing what your feeling in this image dear Pai, and It is strong and to the point within the imagery...My heartfelt wishes for your well-being are going
out to you.
Take care dear friend,
Steve

jibes
05-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Powerful paintings Pai. Love the mushrooms painting, simple but says a lot!

AndreaMG
05-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Great expressive painting Dear Pai, sometimes less is better, It's not always easy to tell which is the right moment to stop a painting an move on to another thing, the risk to overdo is high and the lust to improve the painting is hard to tame. CHEERS. Hope you get better soon.

pai
05-18-2014, 12:11 PM
haha Caesar, yeah right, Phantom of the Opera :p Well, now you mentioned about meditative, she seems like it. :)

hello Bryon, it's good to see you dropping by my thread again, thanks for kind words. Yeah, I heard about that movie, and I want to watch it too, the original Swedish copy. I think it's an amazing movie. :)

Aww, thanks Dakey. Yeah, I felt better now. The pain comes and goes. Yeah, as I was doing this so quickly, I didn't know I sketched my subconsiously feeling of my uncomfortable. Interesting you pointed out that. :)

Hello Robyn, thanks so much for kind word. It's getting better today. My health issues have been for years, that was the time I had to take a break from lots of stuffs I like to do and focus on it. It's coming better, just on-going thing. :)

Thanks so much, Justjean. Yeah, now I saw that the sketches looks like in pain :p

Hi Steve, I have no idea how that night came up with this. Haha...I am better , thanks for kind words :)

Hello Jibes, it's nice to see you dropping by, I am pleased you like the mushroom doodles, it's cute one. I think :rolleyes:

Hello Andrea, I just did it too fast as I always do..haha..as I just want to sketch when I can and hopefully have something comes out that can share..haha. Thanks a lot for your kind comments :)

MKROOT
05-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Nice painting:)

Alexandra
05-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Wow, Pai, how beautiful. The woman looks as if she is radiating an energy, maybe a healing energy for pain that she has endured.:cool::cool::cool:

pai
05-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks so much for dropping by, MKROOT, glad you like it :)

Aww, Sandy, thanks for kind words about this quick sketch. Yes, maybe I am trying to absorb energy from Artrage forum now. :p

pai
05-19-2014, 08:10 PM
ok, I can't resist to do quick one after coming in again tonight Just some fun again. Now, I can go to have my dream :)

eighty+
05-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Hi Pai Shame about her Head look as if the Gillaitine beat you ;);):D:D:D KUAI LE SHENTI Jainkang Zia jain

Ostogar
05-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Sweet dream :):)

silvy
05-20-2014, 04:53 AM
I like the last one very much:) love the palette you used

Caesar
05-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Another gracefully floating ectoplasm right from ancient classical Greece mysteries, risen from the Underworld maybe!:eek::cool::)

byroncallas
05-21-2014, 04:39 AM
I trust your dreams were as lovely as the painting anticipates. Very nice Pai. :)

D Akey
05-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Yeah, what a cool idea for setting a direction and pushing off into sleep and dreaming. Wonderfully expressive, as a dancer might express through how they hold their body, there's a bit of a performing language here.

Dreamy.

stevemawmv
05-21-2014, 05:08 AM
Very nice 'Dream Flight Plan' you've filed here Pai.....enjoy the journey.
Sweet dreams my friend, sweet dreams.
Take care,
Steve

AndreaMG
05-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Beautiful one Dear Pai, she looks so ethereal ;)

gxhpainter2
05-21-2014, 08:11 AM
dear pai, such an amazing palette love the earthy brown lit up by some internal light and the shade of turquoise blue-greens lovely textures and roiling cloudlike atmosphere... an amazing work :cool::cool:

copespeak
05-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Beautiful dreamy painting Pai! :)

damasocl
05-22-2014, 06:34 AM
Pai: Wonderful paintings!!!!
Congratulations...:D;):p

MKROOT
05-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Very nice :)

coops
05-23-2014, 11:01 PM
Love this one Pai, looks like such kind hands catching one in dreams:)

justjean
05-24-2014, 03:26 AM
Lovely and She looks like she is spinning into dreamland :)

kenmo
05-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Love the dreamy state and surrealism of this image...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

pai
06-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks so much you all great mates for all lovely kind words. I really appreciated your supports :) :)

pai
06-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Ok, this one has been sitting in external hard drives for ages, probably the first year (2007) when I discovered about "art" and "artrage". There are few still like these sitting with dust cover that I always remember them and wanted to finish. This one was meant to be thinking about my mother how she waited my dad. Not very good one at all, I just wanted to finish it. I don't like the original porportion when I first set the canvas, so I cropped to the point that I felt I can let it go now.

kenmo
06-04-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm glad you rediscovered this gem.... Awesome painting....:cool::cool::cool:

silvy
06-05-2014, 05:10 AM
Really a jewel:D. Agree with Ken, glad you find this wonder

AndreaMG
06-05-2014, 07:49 AM
I do love chinese traditional dresses and you captured it quite well :cool:

pat1940
06-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Pia, so glad you finished this beautiful piece of art for us to enjoy, wonderful painting

gxhpainter2
06-05-2014, 10:53 AM
pai I wish I had some paintings of this quality hanging around on my hard disk. it is a beautiful painting of you Mother and the silk brocade of the dress is amazing work.. I love the wistful look on her face, she is very beautiful...:):)

justjean
06-05-2014, 12:30 PM
pai, one can see the love you have for your Mom in this beautiful painting

Enug
06-05-2014, 02:14 PM
A beautiful painting and so is your mother. The brocade is amazing and beautiful colours of the ribbon/scarf in her hair. Just gorgeous!

stevemawmv
06-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Far to long on that drive dear Pai.....
This is a beautiful painting to have been hidden away for so long, I' am so glad you've posted it for us to enjoy....
Awesome painting, indeed....wonderful portrait painting of your beautiful mother.
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
06-06-2014, 01:47 AM
A quite glorious start indeed! Congrats!

copespeak
06-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Such a beautiful painting Pai, and the cropping is wonderful!

D Akey
06-07-2014, 07:30 AM
So impressive. I can see the emotion you are going for. Beautiful pattern on her jacket or dress. That ornament adds so much and contrasts with the smoothness of her skin. And the angle also gives her a bit of an aristocratic impression.

pai
06-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks Kenmo for kind words. Really not that good one as I didn't redo it, just finished where I left off. There are lots of not great spots..haha :p

Hello Silvy, thanks so much. As I explained. Not really a gem. :p

Hi Andrea, yes, it's a traditional Qipao dress. It's very pretty and elegant custom made. I don't have one. I wish to wear one too. It needs a very great skinny figure..like the one Caesar drew in summer.haha :p

Hello Pat, it's happy you like it. Thanks for dropping by. :)

Aww, thanks for your nice words, gxfpainter, she didn't really look alike that much, I tried but the start wasn't done great so it's kind of damaged. And I lost the mood of this painting, just want to finish it, as those unfinish ones always stay in my mind and in my external hard drives.haha :p

hi Justjean, thanks. It's more how I see my mom like that instead :)

Thanks a lot Enug to drop by and liking it. You're so kind. Yes, she is beautiful but I really didn't paint that much yet. Hopefully one day. I think. :)

Hello Steve, yes, this painting sit too long. Glad I finally have picked it up again and finished it. Thanks for kind words :)

Thanks Caesar :) Quite ok now I finished it. :p

Yes, Roybn. I like after I play around my original size of this painting. As I kept looking at it and it didn't look right to me overall, so I cropped it. It looks better now. Actually, the original just have more spaces on the background, nothing else. It's too empty on right side over all. So I made it looks closer, it seems has drawn the mood out more. Thanks for approving it is ok.haha :p

Thanks a lot, Dakey. I am pleased you like it and see the emotions of her :)

Marilyn Anne
06-08-2014, 03:13 AM
How pretty she is and how lovely the dress!

Caesar
06-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Dear Pai, don't get too skinny in order to wear a Qipao, though. I'm sure You've got one or more good friends who would appreciate to imagine also an healthy figure under that marvellous fabric .... LOL:o;)

SCP
06-11-2014, 06:11 AM
Gorgeous painting pai ,well done !:cool::):)

coops
06-16-2014, 09:54 PM
This is really a very beautiful painting of a beautiful lady, love it pai:)

pai
06-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Haha..Caesar, I won't get too skinny as recently I love to eat a lot to gain energy. So end up will be becoming one of your summer beach girl you drew :p:rolleyes::D

Thanks so much SCP, glad you like this one :)

Hi katie, you're so kind. She still not really looks like what she seems to be. Somehow I think I managed her emotions. Thanks for nice words about this painting. I am happy you like this one. :)

pai
06-24-2014, 04:14 PM
I haven't really sit much at desk for weeks as besides busy attending a 6-day holistic natural therapy course and also not feeling that well. So I rest a lot lately.

So I just want to post this quick test one when I tried to learn to do a texture to combine with virtual programming language to create an animated particles in a 3D world. I don't do the programming part, just simple one sometimes I do. So I am trying to use Artrage to create this texture (without the background, just the fractal) which I don't use other graphic program not even GIMP I know of besides just Infraview which I learned from few old timers Artrage members.

So when the particle has completed. I will take a pic and post it here. If it is working. I am still in trial and error phase. It's fun to use Artrage in another way besides painting. :)

byroncallas
06-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Again, wonderful new contributions Pai. Really lovely work.
To your note, yes, it's been a busy past 12 months - I've not been able to get here into the forums much at all.
But checking in, it's sure great to see your evolving work. Really beautiful, often inspired.

Caesar
06-24-2014, 07:10 PM
An extraordinary combo! Mathematics of fractals plus Artrage in artful chinese nouvelle cuisine. Tasty and wonderful; I love it!!!!

kenmo
06-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Wow...that is so cool... Love the results....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
06-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Thanks Pai I think I'm Swimming :eek::eek: hope you understand what I mean ;):D:D:D:D:D:D Kuai Le SHENTI jainkang Zia jain

justjean
06-25-2014, 03:38 AM
Pai, this looks great and both ArtRage and Fractals are fun :D

pai
06-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks so much Bryon, Caesar, Kenmo, Mr. Eight (hi there :D), and justjean. thanks for looking into this.

As I promised, I am posting another testing texture which is 100% Artrage work imported into virtual world to create animated movements. So it will change movement, swirling according to the scripting of color changes and movements. So this picture is a snapshot in virtual world of the test one I designed in Artrage. In future design, it will create an animated 3D movements as well. Actually later when my energy allow, I will do the scripting for my own design pattern. :)

hcwswdj
06-25-2014, 06:04 PM
hi, pai,look throught approximately 10 sheets of this thread , good speed painting. all had plenty of imagination ,consummate skill with tools. paint to happy enough, happy everyday!

SCP
06-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Very nice adventures Pai ,love how you experiment and achieve wonderful results !:cool::cool::)

pat1940
06-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Pia, these are lovely, it is always a pleasure to view your work

Caesar
06-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Spectacular! Now that you found such a golden mine any kind of surprising composition seems possible to You!

kenmo
06-26-2014, 11:54 PM
These are cool.... :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Alexandra
06-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Mind tripping scenes, beautiful, Pai!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
06-27-2014, 03:13 AM
Absolutely gorgeous and fascinating. You're even so good with pretty eye candy. Go Pai Go!!!!!

Interesting concept to have figures standing around it. Interesting new perspective and relationship to the color bursts.

gxhpainter2
06-27-2014, 03:42 AM
wow pai what a great adventure in creativity! it sounds like a lot of fun and I am sure you will be able to produce some stunning results.

pai
07-25-2014, 09:17 PM
thanks everyone. sorry for the late thanks to all of you. :)

These are the ones I done with Artrage 100%, then imported to virtual world to create animated particles as shown.

pai
07-25-2014, 09:19 PM
I still doodling just nothing interesting to post. Did one tonight, feel cool :)

Caesar
07-25-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't know exactly the process You use for virtual worlds and animated particles, but I like the vivid visual mathematics representations in Your outcomes. Also your last face seems to have one of these excercises on the background and that adds atmosphere to the perceived mood. :cool:

D Akey
07-26-2014, 04:32 AM
I like where you were going with that head. I love the use of the geometric-like swirls which might indicate anything from hair to waves of heat coming off the person. Because the head is so roughly painted in contrast with the swirls coming off the top of the head, it could be interpreted to be someone who is not so grounded in the world who experiences perfection in the mind or in something like music. I could see this as a street musician or busker who is in fact a creative genius. It was said on occasion that Einstein (or was it Isaac Newton?) were (both) so spacey working endlessly on their problems of physics that they were so absent minded in the mundane things. Example, Einstein was said to have put on a cloak with the coat hanger still in it and his house keeper had to correct this kind of worldly glitch before he left the house.

Anyway, that picture is really intriguing. As to the geometric shapes, they're sadly a little blurry on my computer monitor, but I would think the technique could have some clever uses in the context of a painting if you were so inclined to take it beyond the geometry as an end in itself. There certainly have been artists who have used it as an end product, especially back in the 60s, both for fine art and graphics.

Always cool to see your stuff Pai! Go lady go!!!!!

pat1940
07-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Wonderful work again Pai, such a treat to view

stevemawmv
07-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Enjoyed catching up Pai....Interesting and fascinating trip for sure!
I really like the emerging face painting....very very cool! You know
I have a perference for this type of imagery....Really like it!
Take care and best wishes,
Steve

Belvrog
07-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Wow.... what a wonderful thread pai!!! Just gone forth and back through it looking at all your images I've missed. What a range of styles. Looking at this last one, i had somehow similar thoughts as DAkey, to me this last one is a wanderer between dreams and reality, woken up temporaily but more and more drawn into the abyss of his dreams. Strong image. Brilliant paintings in here pai!!

Wrote you a pm, but your mailbox seems stuffed.:D

Nika
07-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Pai, what a great collection! I'm impressed by you rich imagination and skilful use of the technical resources of the programme :)

pai
07-28-2014, 10:25 PM
hi Caesar, haha, i really don't know what mood i was when i did that strange head :P ..guessed strange mood then :cool:

hello Dakey, you always so good when using words to describe my works that somehow and sometimes i didn't even notice that. Smiles. Strangely enough when you mentioned Einstein, it is also my brother's offical birth certificate name too. :) Yes, probably you were right. I was in absent mind. Thanks so much for your encouraging words :)

Thanks a lot, pat. Sometimes I found out my works recently quite messy. haha. :p

hi Steve, glad you like this kind of imagined journey doodles :p well, i have too many in head just can't do it right yet..haha. thanks for dropping by. :)

haha, sorry, Belvrog, I never cleaned out my inbox for such long time (maybe years :p) i did now just deleted few. thanks for viewing my doodles thread. hope you won't find so silly messy stuffs. :p:D:rolleyes:

hello Nika, thanks so much for taking time and viewing this thread like Belvrog. i am happy to see you back and see your great protrait works again :):)

pai
07-28-2014, 10:29 PM
I think awhile back or even longer time ago. I mentioned that I would like to have a virtual little art studio. So finally I have set up one with my friend helping me to build the building. Mostly I do the decoration inside. Here just a snapshot view of how it looks. I mostly handed out some past works I did in Artrage in early years and few new ones.

Ostogar
07-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Beautiful, :p:p:p, I really like, but too big for me. I would spend all my time in the small space, upstairs.

Alexandra
07-30-2014, 12:05 AM
Wow, so amazing, Pai. I love this.:cool:

pai
08-06-2014, 05:45 AM
Thanks Ostogar and Sandy. Actually the studio is not very big though, it's just the way the angle I took wide and little bit aerial angle too. so you feel it's big :)

just a quickie just now...not sure where i am going in this one, maybe you all can suggest :) :rolleyes:

D Akey
08-06-2014, 06:12 AM
What a clever way to show a traditional studio drawing in process. I love the playing with perspective as if it's on slabs of concrete. Very evocative.

Also missed commenting on the 3D artists space. Wouldn't that be nice! Wow!!! They say we can print out working circuit boards on a printer. They can fabricate guns from plastic using a computer. Why not make it where we can create work spaces du jour for artists, customized based on whim or style like this one you did, and then break it down at the end of the day, and then reconstruct a completely different kind of studio (say a Renaissance artist's studio) the next morning. All very futuristic!

Fun stuff.

Stephen Lo Piano
08-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Pai, considering you were listening to music while painting this one, this image looks like something that would fit well on a CD cover for a Hearts of Space recording artist. Nice flow and movement in this one.

Looking at the virtual studio images, I have to ask this question. These came from your imagination or an actual painting (or photo manipulation) of the real thing?

One thing you might consider in this studio is some sort of environment control like humidifier/ dehumidifier/air conditioning.

I have not worked with natural media paints since the 1980's yet did many works of such back in the 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's. One of the most frustrating things to deal with especially in the weather conditions where I live as opposed to a dry desert that is relatively consistent in weather patterns is the drying effect on paintings in combination with lacquers and thinners. I had many paintings ruined and learned from years of trial and error how certain weather conditions may effect the consistency of the canvas surface while drying: thinners, lacquers, and sealants. Has the potential to leave hot spot glare streaks with oil paints. Of course you may have acrylics there in this image or water colors.
This problem is most likely dependent upon where you live and the weather patterns.

That is one thing you do not have to worry about with digital artwork, instead you have technical problems yet these normally do not effect your images especially if you are diligent in keeping back up support.

stevemawmv
08-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Hello Pai.....The studio is going to be great, really like the concept work on it . And this last one is very clever, almost like it just the way it is...my first thought was of a child image with its reflected old age image.
Very nice work, I really enjoy seeing your imagination at work through your paintings...
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
08-06-2014, 07:33 AM
WOW. Wonderful new painting, absolutely artful! Quite obvious to get such results in a gorgeous studio as the one You set up! ;) If You were not so far I would have paid a visit to Your studio and made a live performance of my silly vignettes to give to Your friends ...LOL:o

pat1940
08-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Pai, your work is so amazing, love your thread, you have so much talent, hope you are feeling better now, all my best

Belvrog
08-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi pai, what an art studio, that's really cool. I'd love to have that much space for painting. Pretty cool ambiance.
Great idea doing your own virtual art studio. Great new additions !!!

Alexandra
08-08-2014, 10:51 AM
What a wonderful painting, Pai so skillful and so beautiful. The ascension of her youthful soul....

pai
08-23-2014, 01:16 AM
hi Dakey, i really don't know that's a traditional studio drawing, interesting. haha..amazed by your imagination. :)

hello Stephen, it's been so long since last time to see your post. i am so pleased that Calla Lilly Sand Dune piece appealing to you. i like that one too myself. thanks so much for dropping by. as for the virtual studio, it's not a painting. it is actually a three-dimensional simulated environment. You can move and walk and create things/do things just like you are in real world. :) it's simply just animation. i always dream to have my own art studio and i know it's not going to happen in real world. so, this is a good place that i can "build" my dream in this virtual world. hmm, may it's kind of a place for desire-fulfillment of own self. :rolleyes:

hi Steve, glad you like the last sketchy and my dream little place..haha thank you. :)

haha..Caesar, you're so funny. actually, it's not far at all. you can come just by creating an animated "Caesar" version. then you can come and visit. one thing good about it is "free" :p

aww, Pat, thanks so much for you kinds words. these thread is going like wild more. haha..more different kind of experiments, fun things, and messy stuffs too. :p:)

hello Belvrog, yes, it's quite cool to me to actually "see" what it would be like my so called "art studio" :p thanks for dropping by :)

hi Sandy, you're always so supportive and so kind to me. skillful ? haha..don't think so :p ...well, i think one thing i am quite sure is i "dream" too much...haha :D

pai
10-08-2014, 04:51 AM
hi you all mates, sorry i have been away a little because of really sick and lots of health issues last few months. here are few ones i did on and off when i had energy, was learning to combine fractal and artrage together. hope you like them. :)

D Akey
10-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Well, wake up and smell the incense and peppermint, Pai. You've created a 1960's 'happening'. You look like you turned left at the corner and did a time slip back into the hippie days. I can almost hear the sitar and wild distorted guitar.

Hope you feel better. Illness does sort of rob one of the fun and energy to paint. Of course, painting does make one feel better, so there's your prescription -- paint paint paint, and you'll be dancing in no time.

pai
10-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Thanks so much, Dakey. I didn't know any 60's art. Any thanks for letting me know these kind of pattern and creation looks like that. I was inspired by the psychedelic visionary art a lot lately and the music tunes for quite sometimes (at least 5 years now). Always want to create some. Glad you like them. :)

eighty+
10-08-2014, 05:33 AM
HI Pai Good to your back sorry things have been a bit

dodgy for you these last 3 are simply amazing I just would'nt

Now where to start the Brain Boogle's Kuai Le SHENTI jainkang