PDA

View Full Version : Pai's Abstract & Doodling (Updated Nov21, 2019)

Pages : 1 [2]

gxhpainter2
10-08-2014, 07:33 AM
hello again pai!.... you have been missed but we are glad you are back, and feeling better. very nice visionary art that you have done I really like the first two..:cool::cool::):):)

kenmo
10-08-2014, 08:29 AM
yes..nice to hear you're feeling better.... Nice updates...

stevemawmv
10-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Hello Pai.....I may have stayed in a few houses in San Francisco that had similar psychedelic painted walls...
Very Trippy and a very interesting trip you've taken us on with these paintings.....I still listen to music from
that time...
Wishing you well....
Take care,
Steve

Alexandra
10-11-2014, 02:44 AM
I love them, Pai, and miss you so much.
Your work is always awesome.
Get well soon, and keep us posted dear lady.

pai
11-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks so much, Mr. Eighty, gxhpainter, kenmo, steve and sandy for very kind words and dropping by. Sorry, I have been busy fixing health, doing different art and music stuffs and reading and also volunteer works. :)

Here are just few ones I did for friends and also inspired by them. hope you will like :)

oasis rising up

glory sand dune

under nebula

where it begins

D Akey
11-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Wow! Pai, these are so dramatic and heroic. Feels like a druid's flash dance moment. This is the way to make an entrance. Really great. Love the colors. Love the excitement and energy. Very cool work! Thanks for painting these and posting them. Good to see you're picking up steam again. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
11-08-2014, 02:13 AM
These are all so inspiring - there is something special in each one that appeals to me. I love the sky in the first one, the hint of the buildings in the second and yes, I could see the nebula over Stonehenge (?) before even reading the title. I like the way you allow the texture of the canvas to show thru also.:cool:

Bertrude
11-08-2014, 02:34 AM
These are lovely Pai. I too am drawn to the first one in particular. The sense of drama and the colours... awesome.

eighty+
11-08-2014, 03:50 AM
Hi Pai Yes I've just spent an hour with you your doodles go way beyond my imagination the colours

the shapes and your High Tec now-how leave's me Standing again in the corner with the Dunces Hat

on but Thanks again for a Fantastic Viewing journey Congrats CIAO Kaui Le SHENTI Jainkang

Caesar
11-08-2014, 06:17 AM
WOW what a bunch of superb masterpieces from the last time I visited this thread of Yours, dear Pai! :eek::cool: Either persons or landscape show an amazing artistic value! After looking at all these marvels I feel here, with my silly, comicslike vignettes and jokes, like a naughty boy defacing with the charcoal the wall of some renowned Museum. :(:)

Alexandra
11-14-2014, 03:20 AM
What an awesome artist you are Pai. These are so beautiful.

pai
06-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Just want pop in to say hi to everyone. I like the new look of the forum. I still do art on and off these days whenever I can Also doodling on canvas as well. Here are two doodling pieces I did recently. :)

Hope I will have more time to paint and post some Artrage stuffs soon. :)

danny72
06-21-2017, 06:58 PM
I really like the first one. 👍👍👍👍

gxhpainter
06-22-2017, 04:12 AM
Hello again pai so great to have you stop by again, and it is wonderful to see your still painting some! love the work!...:)

pai
07-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Thanks so much danny and gxhpainter. :)

I haven't really tried out Artrage much at all until recently my health has improved a lot last few months. Thought it's about time to pick up again. So I put my hand on learning Artrage 5. Feel like total newbie again. Ha.ha. Well, learning Artrage it's always fun to me, it's just now takes longer.

So tonight I tried to play the interface, familiar with new Artrage. Mostly I found out the custom brushes and warp.

Here's a practice one to try to pick up paint/draw again. About 40 mins. Only use custom brush Bristle Thin, and just final few touch used Paint Splatter. Play with Warp on the background. Oh also new to me, the whole time, I am setting my interface in docking mode. cool.

gxhpainter
07-20-2017, 05:44 AM
pai so glad your health is so much better and now you are feeling creative and having fun with the new AR.. it has lots of great new tools!

pai
07-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Thanks gxhpainter. Yes, I have fun with the custom brushes mix. Here`s another one. Mostly custom brush Bristle Thin, Bristle Round, Square, blend..all bristle, I wish more and don`t know where to find brush grain or how to create. Simply veyr enojoy while painting. :)

pai
07-27-2017, 12:50 AM
a quickie play before bedtime. :)

pai
07-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Still learning to get control the custom brushes and using it as blending in Artrage 5. This piece all using 99% that custom brushes, just regular oil brush in small area for edges.

Caught in Smoky Thought

damasocl
07-29-2017, 02:43 AM
Sencillamente increíble y extraordinario!!! Felicitaciones.

Simply amazing and extraordinary !!! Congratulations.

pai
07-30-2017, 03:38 AM
Thanks so much damasocl, it`s so happy to see you still active in forum :)

Here`s a quick test on my created brush from brush designer tool. Using Artrage 5 Warp filter for clouds and sandbeach...here and there little touch, and famous Grass sticker spray from preset too. It`s so fun :)

pai
07-30-2017, 04:18 PM
While exploring and testing my created brushes , I actually ended up painting two eyes all day to pick up more paint/draw skill again. So first one failed..haha...this second one seems can understand more about eye's structure. Still way to far to paint/draw it right. So hard..:p (already found the error , but i think good to stop this one to see my mistakes)

Using custom brush and just art pen for lashes at the end.

pai
07-31-2017, 06:17 PM
It's Sunday, so mostly very laid back today but still want to play with Artrage..haha. So having fun with Warp and custom brushes again. A quickie fun before bed time (as usual music with me when I paint) :)

eighty+
08-01-2017, 04:17 AM
HI pai I've been looking at your artwork I. was looking at your trad one on my screen when I fell

asleep over two hours ago and just woke and its still on my screen :D:D l like what I've seen

the last one looks like a underwater scene with a swordfish and a mantra Ray looking at a Octopus

with a Shark hovering in the background :eek: OK SHENTI jainkang CIAO

pai
08-02-2017, 04:53 AM
HaHa..Mr. Eighty. I love your awesome imagination on my last one. Probably will use your ideas to create one. :D

So no more undersea creatures now, let's have a mew mew for you. All custom brushes include used the preset one, like the square canvas brushes.

pai
08-05-2017, 05:19 PM
First practice portrait piece since awhile now. Not really successful picked up where I left off few years back. Well, guessed I didn't spend too much time on this one. (rolls my eyes :p )
Still used 99% custom brushes and just few touches using oil brush and pencil.

D Akey
08-06-2017, 03:53 AM
Better than me, Pai. It's some good warm up paintings, and successful too, especially after all this time away. Very good to see you painting again.

pai
08-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Heya Dakey, it's happy to see you still active in forum. Really missed your writings and sense of humor too. Haha, you got it mostly right. Still warming up, I will never want to stop painting whenever I can capable to do it.

Here's simply a piece like what I did at beginning when I discovered Artrage, just let the brush strokes and color flow with the music at background ...feels so good :)

Used mostly watercolor and customer brushes a little, and fun with the warp effect in Artrage 5

And also did a drawing today. Even this sketch surprised me as I was doing it in a mindfulness state, I didn't know it just finished in less than an hour. I thought it's longer. haha..

pai
08-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Another warp fun to create different sky feel with other tools. :)
Mostly used various custom brushes, and oil brushes, pencil on horse.

gxhpainter
08-08-2017, 11:26 AM
wow pai great to see you posting so much, and having a great time with the new AR5... they really upped the quality of the product still amazing that its is so inexpensive but works so well... loving all your work to get your hand and eye back.

Catmandolin
08-08-2017, 04:53 PM
They make me thirsty. I am pretty sure that is a good thing.

D Akey
08-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Feels like a visual play on words as in "seahorse". It reminds me of underwater charging to the surface with rippling water above. Very fascinating as ever, Pai.:):):):):)

pai
08-17-2017, 07:30 AM
thanks gxhpainter, haha, actually after last one, I was busy working on canvas. Now I used Artrage to draft what I want then see if I can transfer it to canvas with arcylic. I like it a lot. Like practising on Artrage is actually helping me tremendously. :)

hi Catmandolin, that's some interesting reaction from you of my last painting. I tried to think of why you're thirsty but seem can't get it...haha :D

hi Dakey, I like that "seahorse" interpretation you got. Yes, I was going to plan a journey for last painting of that girl encounter that rippling effect, like enter into another spectrum or another world....well...too much imagination and lack of skills yet...haha :D

Ok, I was having great fun today with watercolor tool. Abstract flower, i think :rolleyes:

Got a little bit carry away on the watercolor tool. This one 99.9% used watercolor tool and just custom brushes on the sky few spots.

pat1940
08-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Lovely paintings Pai

pai
08-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Thanks a lot pat. :)

I think I am in a riding horse mode. Saw this cross stitch pattern on interent and I really like it. Don't know who is the original artist.

damasocl
08-21-2017, 12:14 PM
WONDERFULL!!!!!!!;):o:rolleyes:

D Akey
08-21-2017, 12:19 PM
Tremendous flow, Pai. It's as if your mind thinks in whole images. I really like that landscape. Clean and fluid.

pai
08-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Thanks so much damasocl :)

Thank you Dakey. I also like that watercolor one. I do mix oil paint and watercolor on Artrage 5 now. It creates some interesting effects. Just like this new one.
Use oil, watercolour, custom brushes, and fun use symmetry tool as well.

D Akey
08-27-2017, 12:06 PM
WOW! GREAT wolf's head. Love your palette and the brushwork. The accented colors for the white fur really make it sing. . . or howl, as the animal dictates. Go Pai!

pai
08-30-2017, 03:52 AM
Thanks so much Dakey. Yes, I love wolf a lot especially white/snow wolf. I am also doing a canvas one recently too but not yet finished. haha..so hard :p

pai
08-30-2017, 03:55 AM
Ok. I woke up early and wanted something different and quickie. Mostly I more wanted to play with Artrage 5. Here's one with sticker spray, custom brushes, oil paint, ink pen, palette knife.

D Akey
09-01-2017, 06:27 AM
I've experienced those night colors especially when I was young. But I can remember. Beautiful color. Looks like the experiment with the sticker spray served you well.

eighty+
09-01-2017, 02:06 PM
pai. Great. Looks a perfect. Lovers lane ;) SHENTI. Jainkang. Kual Le. SLAINTE

pai
09-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Thanks Dakey. Yes, I was still having fun playing all tools on Artrage 5. :)

Hi Mr. Eighty, thanks for dropping by and made you thinking back your lover lane. haha..:D SHENTI. Jainkang

pai
09-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Another all kind of custom brushes, mostly selected from the artistic ones, as well as my beloved oil brushes too. Well, not a really good one, then I was focused on playing colors.haha..

D Akey
09-04-2017, 03:39 AM
Awesome head. Really good expression.

eighty+
09-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Say no more. Say no more. ;) Pai. kual. Le. SHENTI. Jainkang. And the luck of the Irish. Slainte. Ciao

pai
09-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Thanks Dakey and Mr. Eighty your nice comments :)

Have been busy doing other art on canvas and paper, and managed to do few digital abstract for relaxing too. Missed my abstracts painting :)

pai
09-10-2017, 03:37 PM
This is what I have been working. Still not finish.

D Akey
09-11-2017, 12:40 PM
That's a very friendly wolf like an ally for the hero (yourself perhaps) out of a fable. Love it!

pai
09-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Thanks so much Dakey. I love it too. It's finished and I gifted it to my friend. :)

One night I was having an evening walk and looking up the street light just outside my house. So I waited until later time that most people already went to bed and went outside to feel the mood around this street light. It has been in my head about a week and happy I can find time to sketch it out today.

99% oil brush and just pencil a little on edge and then little airbrush for the light rays around the street light :)

D Akey
09-26-2017, 11:22 AM
Wow, Pai. This is something of a new look for you. It's quite striking. I love the smooth painterly quality. I believe it communicates the exact feeling of quiet nighttime. I remember when I was a teenager, when street lamps were still this softer amber color, that in the stillness of the night I would go out onto the street and soak up this tone. You really brought back that feeling for me. Thanks.

Very successful.

damasocl
10-01-2017, 12:37 PM
Las últimas obras son espectaculares!!!
Felicitaciones!

The latest works are spectacular !!!
Congratulations!

pai
10-14-2017, 08:59 AM
Aww, thanks so much as well as your encouragement as always, Dakey. :) I am happy it brought back memories for you. Maybe now I am also painting on canvas, it really helps me to see the similarity/differences between digital and real painting.

Thanks for your kind words, damasocl :)

pai
10-14-2017, 09:02 AM
Last few weeks have been working on this painting and this one really kind of driving me nuts..haha..and still having fun to learn it. If anyone can shed some light for me, please feel free too. I think still have long way to go until it is finished.

D Akey
10-19-2017, 02:47 AM
Cool. Changing media really makes it a different game, doesn't it. I like your work in the real world as well as your computer stuff.

Interesting how you have the segments of water cut off from each other -- like different worlds existing in the same space. Very interesting. Dramatic, majestic and beautiful.

Always a treat seeing what you paint, Pai. Keep going.

DarkOwnt
10-19-2017, 04:36 AM
What were you going for? What about it is driving you nuts?

eighty+
10-19-2017, 05:48 AM
:p:D:D here a trad there a trad go Gal Go Kual le SHENTI jainkang HASTA LA VISTA SLAINTE

abby-helen
10-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Pai,
I love your experimenting with the sticker spray, custom brushes, oil paint, etc., {on the previous page =
"Early Morning " & play with AR}.
The custom brush is really a wonderful new addition.
I also enjoyed your quiet evening walk, the painting brings out a serene mood.
Abby-Helen

pat1940
10-21-2017, 12:22 PM
pai, these are such beautiful paintings,your experimenting is so interesting, love all of them

Tijana
10-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Hi. I just must say I like this pictures very much, I hope so I will paint like that some day, it is for deep soul paintings. :) Thank you for share. :)

pai
10-28-2017, 09:03 AM
Thanks so much Dakey. I am still working on this painting. I hope to finish soon and then will post it here. There are more in the painting :)

Cool. Changing media really makes it a different game, doesn't it. I like your work in the real world as well as your computer stuff.

Interesting how you have the segments of water cut off from each other -- like different worlds existing in the same space. Very interesting. Dramatic, majestic and beautiful.

Always a treat seeing what you paint, Pai. Keep going.

pai
10-28-2017, 09:05 AM
There are many areas that difficult for me in real painting on canvas. The first one is the waves and different water color blending. I have repainted few times. Then the mountains behind to show the depth of distance between mountains too. haha, it's hard and also so much fun to see how I have progressed on this. Thanks a lot for dropping by :)

What were you going for? What about it is driving you nuts?

pai
10-28-2017, 09:10 AM
And, thanks so much Mr. Eighty, abby-Helen, pat , and Tijana for leaving such kind and encouraging words. Glad you all having fun viewing my doodlings :D

I just did a quick fun 15 mins abstract autumn doodle with sticker spray, custom brushes, maybe it will be look better when view further.haha Happy Autumn :)

D Akey
11-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Alas I don't live where the seasons change in a particularly visual way. So your painting is the closest I'm going to get to seeing some natural autumn colors. Everything out here is what's not the color of concrete and asphalt is painted beige. So your painting is most appreciated! Nice one. Looks like a rushing river of autumn colors. I love it.

pai
11-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Hi Dakey, thanks so much dropping by on my last too lousy doodles..haha. It's true. I was feeling I want to capture and play with those autumn colors which I see last few weeks on the road. So came up with something silly. :p

I knew I should get sometimes to work on computer painting again. Have been busy trying all real life painting to get a feel between my brush strokes and paint and everything else especially "Oil paint". I love it. Here is my first try with palette knife only with oil paint. Just found a reference online and tried it out. I would say "l Love using palette knife". However, I use Artrage a lot to test my sketches and color palette. I would say very very useful for me.

This one is more my style of color palette. I think. Just reused an old canvas board to repaint something new. This one is only arcylic.

eighty+
11-07-2017, 03:16 PM
:D hi. pai. I just like the trad boat scene. I feel as if your twisting
my arm. To make me. paint trad again in arcylic as picked up a cheap. Box of twelve so might try. Ok. SHENTI Jainkang. SLAINTE

D Akey
11-09-2017, 09:24 AM
So cool. Looks like you're having fun by painting in the normal world. Acrylic is less toxic and it's convenient in how it dries, something tells me you would probably do very well with oil paints as the look and method of painting might mirror your digital painting style more. Because it stays wet for a while, you can do a lot of blending and wet into wet. The trouble comes from it being bad for you if you have to breathe it inside a confined apartment or room. It's on of the reasons I stopped using oils.

A happy medium is gouache (opaque watercolors). It's more fragile than plastic acrylics, but it allows for blending. The paints also dry different than when they're wet. So you have to adjust to that as well.

pai
11-26-2017, 11:25 AM
Hi Mr. Eighty, have you tried it then after you posted your reply. I think it will be fun to try out. Haha :D

Yes, you have nailed it right, Mr. Dakey. I really love oil painting but it's so hard. haha...also you were right about the smell in the room. Maybe after few oil paintings, I will just use acrylic instead, I read about there are now many medium can use to make acrylic looks like oil. May try it out sometimes.

Finally I have let go of this one. It has been painted for over a month now. I repainted the whole sky again...haha... Too slow. :p

pai
11-26-2017, 11:27 AM
So I did have time to paint in Artrage and as usual custom brushes and oil paint and pencil.

pai
10-18-2018, 07:01 PM
It's been awhile since I last posted here. I still look at Artrage forum from time to time to see all awesome great arts created by Artrage. For me, I have been doing more real mediums art like experiencing the watercolor, acrylic and oil as well as drawing too. To feel the differences in the process between the digital ones I did. I would say it's some kind similar and some what differences in others during the process.

One thing I do know absolutely is without Artrage, I wouldn't go this far in my art making and journey. I really would want to say thank you from bottom of my heart to Artrage developers and the team. You all made my life more beautiful and meaningful. :)

I haven't done much in digital recently. So if you don't mind, I would post just few recent ones I experienced with watercolor, acrylic, and oil.

pai
10-18-2018, 07:04 PM
the cat painting is especially done for a friend who rescued kitties and adopted them as her own.

gxhpainter
10-19-2018, 06:37 AM
Nice to hear from you Pai, you have a remarkable talent and it is great that you are exploring traditional media like acrylics, watercolors and drawing I think it gives you a great appreciation of the skill and talent at ArtRage to be able
to emulate those mediums so accurately and simply in a digital way.

Alexandra
10-19-2018, 06:43 AM
Wonderful works, Pai. So good to see you.

D Akey
10-20-2018, 10:42 AM
So great to see you're still painting, Pai.

One format helps the other for sure. All developing the eye. So these water colors are looking nice. The thing that drove me nuts was that the pigment always seemed to dry a lot duller than when wet. But since nobody who later was looking at the art when it was wet and more saturated, it really was only my own quirk. I think experienced watercolorists know how to anticipate that.

Anyway, it appears you're having a pretty strong creative burst using all kinds of materials and it's wonderful to see. Hope you're well.

pai
10-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Thank you gxhpainter. :) You were right about the years I did on Artrage did help me a lot when I use the real mediums painting.

Hi Alexandra, it's so nice to see you still painting and in the forum as well. Thanks :)

Hi Dakey, thanks for your nice words. Yes, I also found watercolour is the hardest to control but I quite like the lightness when in wet and the soft feel during painting. As for the dullness, I will paint in few layers while it's still wet, so it won't be that dull when it dries. I think. These days I have tried to paint two to three times every week in different mediums. I didn't do much in digital as my computer is getting old and nearly broken, every time I have to boot up the system few times in order to have it turn on. That's frustrating. Guess it's about time to get a new PC, maybe in Spring time.

My health has improved a lot. Thanks to the natural therapies methods and Tai Chi too..haha. :D

pai
11-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone, it's been over a year since my last post. My computer was having big problem to boot up since it's over 10 years old now. It's not easy for me to take it outside to fix it in here especially in winter time. Also I have some eyes problem that prevented me to see the light on monitor or even tablet that much for awhile. Today, I managed to use 30 mins trying to boot up and thought I would come on to forum to say hi to everyone. In the past year, I still continue to learn how to draw and paint in real mediums. Yeh, I don't think I can get rid of doing art in my rest of my life....haha.

Here are some sketches and painting I did awhile ago.

pai
11-22-2019, 02:58 PM
some more here..haha

pai
11-22-2019, 03:09 PM
I am getting clumsy working on computer. Taking me awhile to post the above images. It's not very great drawings. Still learning. The last two are arcylic paintings I used references on pinterest. More like my style I used to do on digital. I hope you all like them.

I hope Artrage developer and administrators won't mind I posted non Artrage pieces here. :P Overall, what inspired me and brought me into the wonderful art world is Artrage. Without Artrage program and amazing developers, I would never go this far. Thanks to you all.

Hopefully, next year in Spring time, I will get my computer fix with new motherboard (it's been over 10 years, too old), and also my eyes have more improvements and able to work in front of a monitor again. If I can't come on Christmas time, I wish you all have a wonderful Christmas Holidays :) :) :)

DarkOwnt
11-23-2019, 04:14 AM
Those Acrylics are magnificent.

What you achieve with so few strokes is amazing!

Caesar
11-23-2019, 05:09 AM
Hi dear Pai!
Nice to meet You again in here!
Actually You never lost Your artistic touch and how polihedric by tools, styles and subject You are!
A funfair in here!

sabena
11-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Good work Pai congratulations

Alexandra
11-23-2019, 01:12 PM
Always a joy to view your work Pai. Take good care of those beautiful eyes and brain. Thanks for visiting us all again.

D Akey
11-23-2019, 09:54 PM
Hi Pai. Good to see you doing art still. Looks nice.