PDA

View Full Version : Japan Spring

Bobbi
03-17-2013, 04:18 AM
Its time for the Cherry Blossoms. I painted blossoms and made them into stickers. I used them to flesh out the branches.

D Akey
03-17-2013, 04:20 AM
Sweet. . . .:)

kenmo
03-17-2013, 04:35 AM
Very beautiful....

justjean
03-17-2013, 04:50 AM
Bobbi, thanks I need a beautiful reminder of spring :)

Lima
03-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Wonderful!!! Bobbi, Katsushika Hokusai (https://www.google.com.br/search?q=Katsushika+Hokusai&hl=pt-PT&client=firefox-a&hs=jvf&rls=org.mozilla:pt-BR:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=H-xEUZ7DGuns0gHM9IGwAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=653) would be proud of you. Beautiful image.

pai
03-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Yes, Bobbi, even without seeing your title. I recognize right away from your painting. So nice, it's the japan blossom mount fuji :)

limey-g
03-17-2013, 12:20 PM
This is really lovely sure makes us look to spring.
Geoff

Bobbi
03-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Thank you all for your encouraging comments. I have to admit I really struggled with this one. As simplistic as it is, I did quite a few versions of it before I settled on this one. I am not exactly patient when it comes to taking a lot of time with a painting. Trying to get the blossoms to look like blossoms was especially difficult. I finally thought I would try painting some using a reference image. I saved the final painting to make a sticker. The resulting sticker looked even better then the original painting. Using the sticker spray tool allowed shadowing that gave some depth.

I've attached a view of the variety of paintings I used to make the blossom stickers.

Mt Fuji is so iconic of Japan. I have a great deal of respect for the Japanese and their artisans. The craftsmanship is extraordinary.

byroncallas
03-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Lovely. And gentle.

Ulla
03-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Beautiful painting! It reminds me that spring has to come - even if it seems still a long time away (It is awfully cold here in Berlin, Germany).
And now I've a very dumb question (I tried to search for the answer, but couldn't find it): how to get a sticker into the sticker spray? I found tutorials on how to make your own stickers, but none up to now about how to use them with the spray. I would be very glad about any help! Thanks in advance!

coops
03-18-2013, 12:38 AM
Thats so pretty, love it:)

MSIE
03-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Bobbi, that's a beautiful painting, well done! thanks for sharing your steps to get those blossoms to look like you wanted them to look :) they look beautiful!

Ulla ~ re "how to get a sticker into stickerspray": select the sticker spray tool, open the settings panel, click on "sheet" and you'll be able to scroll through all the sticker folders, hover over the folders names then select the sticker you want (no matter if created by you, downloaded from the art supplies forum, or default AR sticker). for more in depth info on sticker spray creation see --> Someonesane's tutorial on Sticker Sheet and Preset Creation (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?30400-Tutorial-Sticker-Sheet-and-Preset-Creation). hope that helps! :)

Ulla
03-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Thanks a lot for the quick answer and the link to the tutorial! I'll definitely try it out!

Bobbi
03-18-2013, 01:40 AM
Beautiful painting! It reminds me that spring has to come - even if it seems still a long time away (It is awfully cold here in Berlin, Germany).
And now I've a very dumb question (I tried to search for the answer, but couldn't find it): how to get a sticker into the sticker spray? I found tutorials on how to make your own stickers, but none up to now about how to use them with the spray. I would be very glad about any help! Thanks in advance!

I have added some screen captures to show you how I use my stickers in the spray tool.
I hope this helps.

To use any sticker as a spray,

1. Select the sticker spray tool

2. Click on the setting box (there are three boxes above the tool selection pod)

3. Click on the group tab, all of your categories will open

4. Select the sticker you want and you can use it as a sticker spray

kenmo
03-18-2013, 02:56 AM
Wow...so kind of you to share this...Much appreciated....

Ulla
03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
I can only say "dito" - thanks so much for the explanation. It is easy to understand and to follow.

Alexandra
03-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Beautiful Bobbi, so cheerful.
I still have yet to make stickers.:p Maybe while I am going through this tough time I should stick with it.
I just noticed the help you've so kindly uploaded-great!
I will bookmark your thread and give it another go.
Thanks Bobbi!

pat1940
03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Very beautiful dear Bobbi

Marilyn Anne
03-19-2013, 01:22 PM
It is amazing to me how you do that!