PDA

View Full Version : This is what I came up with: Birches

357mag
03-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm just getting in to digital painting, kind of as another interest cuz I spend most of my time pursuing music. Some birch trees. I'm debating whether or not I want to add some branches. I seem happy with the way they look now, I may just leave them be and call it done.

copespeak
03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
I love it when it blends with strong colours, you get those vibrant mixes! It livens up the paintings big time.

:)

D Akey
03-15-2013, 02:08 AM
A real color feast.

It's an interesting traditional painting thing to speculate on whether branches would look good or not. And therein lies one of the benefits of digital painting. Try it. If it works, great. If not, no big deal because you will have saved this version. And/or you could use layers that can be deleted or undone.

Do I personally think they would help? Hahah. Not sure within the context of this boldness of strokes. The areas that you have that harmonic color bleed through are so lively and scattered that branches might get lost. So perhaps your judgement to not include branches was correct in this context. But like I mentioned before, it would be easy and undo-able to check to know for certain.

I do like what you're doing with your color I must say.

Alexandra
03-15-2013, 06:44 AM
I like this very much. A very attractive piece.

pai
03-15-2013, 09:30 AM
I really love how you use the color on this painting especially how you applied different colorful brush strokes on the birches. Very nice painting :)

justjean
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Nice brush strokes and colour

Caesar
03-15-2013, 08:49 PM
A fine painting indeed. Simple, effective composition and a harmonic palette painted by confident strokes.

coops
03-16-2013, 12:58 AM
This is so painterly, well done:)