PDA

View Full Version : Imagine Seascape

pai
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
My first imagine seacape for long time. Not sure where did my mind go to have this image. Still trying to pick up the tools. :)

justjean
03-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Wonderful colours and great sense of distance

Aunt_Betsy
03-11-2013, 11:40 AM
This haunting lovely Pai.

copespeak
03-11-2013, 12:14 PM
A beautiful painting!

hinket
03-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Hey Pai,

Interesting painting, though puzzling. :confused:
Wondering if those two women are meant to be pillars of salt? :eek::D

D Akey
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
You have a personal palette you occasionally use that I have admired over the years.

Very satisfying painting on many levels. It gives me an impression but it's mysterious as to what it stirs inside me. It's as if being in a dream and watching someone's lips move without sound. And it makes me all the more intrigued. I feel like there's something profound being communicated. . . or as if a ship carrying a mysterious cargo is about to enter that space through that golden fog.

coops
03-12-2013, 02:53 AM
This is really wonderful Pai, it gives me a great sense of calm. You are back on track with your great paintings:)

limey-g
03-12-2013, 03:48 AM
A lovely serene scene, love the ambience you have created.
Geoff

kenmo
03-12-2013, 05:33 AM
What a dreamy place you've created here...love the waves and sea... Outstanding....:cool:

RobertSWade
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
A sky that seems to have not quite made up its mind; golden statues that did not migrate from Easter Island and are maybe discussing what to do with the forming fertile lands at their feet while their minions wait in the distance; your signature shades of blue and green in the foreground. Mesmerizing.

screenpainter
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Love that beautiful sky and water and light in this idyllic landscape.

Alexandra
03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
A powerful piece Pai. Beautifully done, tones, strokes, knife, and oil, fantastic.

Orkhan
03-13-2013, 07:55 AM
The pillars of Hercules,... ancient greek stories could give you a great deal of seascape inspiration

pai
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks justjean, Aunt Besty and copespeak for looking in and nice words :)

@Hinket, it's nice to still see you painting. haha, I am so unknowledgable, I didn't know about that name "pillars of salt" until you pointed out. Thanks so much. I do know that stone but I just didn't know the name, so I googled it. Actually, that "pillar" was a doodling while I painted the background, somehow "it" just popped up like that. :D

@ hi D Akey, it's just so nice to read your comments on my painting again. I just don't know how you can do that. You always can pick up so appropriate words to describe my work even myself didn't really know how to describe. The color I selected mostly because all the time is the music I heard while I paint. The music made me picked up the color, I think. :confused: Not sure if I have personal palette. I need to find out too. You really nailed on it. I was sitting hours looking at the middle part and somehow I can't grab the "feel" in the middle yet. I knew it's not a ship but a ship sails through that golden fog a very good idea. Then, I just got too tired to go deep into it, so I just let it go like that. Thanks so much for looking in and commenting :)

@ hi Katie, coops coops, thanks for your wonderful words, not sure if I am back on track, it still tooks me hours to think and put the paint i want. I am getting old, I guess..haha :rolleyes:

Thanks Geoff and Kenmo, I am so happy you feel calm and peace about the painting and haha, that wave seems a little bit abstract. Glad you still like it :)

@ hello Bob, it's so nice to see you. you might be right. I wasn't sure what was coming up in my next move while I finished one brush stroke, so I kept circling, moving my hand until I am tired..haha. Yeh, somehow if I remembered correctly it's an imagine scene so maybe the land hasn't developed fully in my mind. Yes, I am in a "green" mood. Thanks so much for your nice comments :)

@ hi Albert, so nice too to see you still in the forum. thanks for your nice comments :)

Thanks Alexandra and Orkhan for the wonderful words. I actually was having flashback from the past I saw so great Artrage paintings from all other members. So I mostly are inspired by them :)

byroncallas
03-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Beautiful Pai.

jibes
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Great atmospheric painting Pai..! I love the way you have done this.

Caesar
03-14-2013, 10:05 PM
These ripples look more sound waves than sea ones! You painted the music You was hearing then!

pai
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Thank you Bryan, jibes and Caesar for your ice words. :)

@ Caesar, you are right. I think my hand / brush strokes with the music on the waves :)

Tana123
03-15-2013, 09:16 AM
There is some kind of mystic in your painting, there is a space where anything could happen...

SCP
03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Wonderful painting Pai :D

MIDO00O
03-16-2013, 01:18 AM
great job;):D

Tonyjazz
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
That background is magical and great palette........beautiful artwork

silvy
03-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Wonderful:)