PDA

View Full Version : First steps with Artrage

Tana123
03-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Hello everybody,

I received my bamboo wacom tablet at Chrismas. I enjoyed at once to draw and paint with Artrage, so simple, so easy to learn (I tried to use Photoshop before but never understood quite well how to use it...)
I want to thank all of you for your awesome tutos, posts, presets, youtube and so on, I think of Steve B, Someonesane, Judith Tramayne, Karen Bonaker, Jon Hodgson, Misterpaint between others , you helped me quite a lot (without knowing it... :cool:).

Thank to you i started from here

to there in two months time

And the pleasure is still the same. i dare to play with the tools, try new things and find a liberty with digital painting i never found before with classical drawing...

grayflo
03-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Wow! That is wonderful development. It's an encouragement or me to try!

D Akey
03-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Quite. Hard to think you weren't an artist before touching ArtRage. You were a watercolorist before? Or was this all new to you? If it was, I'm really pleased that you have applied your aptitude to something peaceful. ;)

Impressive interface mastering. Your results are great!

kenmo
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Very nice....Once you get the Rage bug it's hard to be cured...:cool:

byroncallas
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Hey - nice movement and fun share. Yes, beware the bug.
I hope we'll see a lot more of your painting. :)

copespeak
03-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Ouch! I just got bitten again!!! :D

Tana123
03-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Thank all for your nice comments.

To D Akeys, yes, you're right, I am not quite new to watercolor, i tried to learn watercolor twenty years ago but did'nt practice it a long time. I found my paintings were too shy and akward, i never was satisfied with my work. So I stopped painting but still read a lot on watercolor tips and technique.
Now with Artrage i can test and modify my layers as often as necessary.
I feel so shy in front of a blank sheet but has no fear with my computer, so it seems to work at last! (i'm kind of a geek anyway :D )

coops
03-09-2013, 11:46 PM
These are very nice and shows your artistic skills, I know what you mean about the blank canvas. On my easel it scares the living daylight out of me but with Artrage its a dream. Well done to you:)

limey-g
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Well you really have got the bug now and there is no cure, so sit back and enjoy.
Love your watercolour.
Geoff

Marilyn Anne
03-10-2013, 07:54 AM
I like your work and have enjoyed the program very much. It really teaches you a lot as you can easily paint every day.

hinket
03-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Oh, I see what you mean about a grey day! :)
But there are some lovely touches of orange in there to liven things up.
Very nice.

screenpainter
03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
both lovely, but I think the later one definitely shows a refinement. love the watercolor effects of the second one.

Tana123
03-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Yes, of course the second one has much more work on it, the first one was one of my first attempt with the program...
i showed it for you to see some progress...
Thank you all for your comments which encourage me to continue with Artrage!