PDA

View Full Version : Dandelion girl II and I.

AT-TA
03-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Nobody liked her... so i covered her knees and made her so polite... :-) ....

copespeak
03-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Everyone was probably still in bed!! I liked her! :D

Henry Stahle
03-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Nobody liked her...

I really can't see why. She is so lovely. Probably just shy :o

pai
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
I like her a lot. Actually I commented on your first version before you made this second version. :) (I can't find that one again, maybe you removed the first version) The first version is different color than this one if I remembered correctly. I said it's like a flowery fairy that brought all these spring flower to ready for our spring coming :)

Caesar
03-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Aware and almost witty and spirited eyes. A smart, curious girl, intelligence becoming beauty. Great!

limey-g
03-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Well I certainly like her, very nice indeed.
Geoff

coops
03-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Lovely brushwork again and I certainly liked her:)

jibes
03-08-2013, 05:17 AM
I missed the original but I know I like this one very much. Excellent textures and mood.

D Akey
03-08-2013, 06:33 AM
A pre-raphaelite hippie. Love her.

Alexandra
03-08-2013, 06:46 AM
So vintage and yet timeless too dear AT. Beautiful!!!!

AT-TA
03-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Hubby doesn't like either of them... he is to technical, doesn't understand that painters have special licences for little mistakes...but he is a good critic... so what you think?

First version:

Done without ref.. so hard to model the limbs...

byroncallas
03-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Wonderful. They are really two quite different paintings with quite different sensibilities - completely different moods. If I'm pushed in a corner, I like the color in the second post (the gal with her legs showing) - it's more richly interesting as a total composition. I like the expression on her face in full-dress painting better. But for overall effect, I'm more drawn to the brighter picture with legs and color, while admitting a lot of other people would go the other way for perfectly valid reasons. As they are both loosly painted and highly expressive, I might be hard pressed to say what is a mistake and what is there just the way you want it. They are both thoroughly charming and come together well as "wholes"; each seem, for me, wonderfully successful expressions. :)

justjean
03-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Both look great Anna but I like the second face and arm better and like the colours of the first better :)

Caesar
03-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I prefer the palette of the second one, but I like the first one a little more. It looks like I've got a split personality, but I'm a Gemini after all ..;)

RobertSWade
03-09-2013, 04:17 AM
I greatly prefer the legs covered version but not for that reason.
The face is exquisite in its expression of guileless innocence and expectation.
The strokes are unconventional and bold and work so very well.
All in all a definite "print and hang" IMHO.