PDA

View Full Version : 2013 European elections populist show

Caesar
03-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Italian elections held, Germany next.
While we are wiping most of our politician class, hope to finally carry out a major change, top our visible and hidden "clowns", try to confine Mr. B. and look for an Italian, Mediterranean and European New Deal, yet folkloristic, populistic politicians, although differently comic or grotesque, are really far from missing all over the rest of the continent.
Here's Herr Steinbrueck, the Bavarian SPD cadidate to the forthcoming German election, who, possibly short of an ample vision, ignorantly fearful, forgetting the German leadership substantial failure in these years, provided comments and criticism on Italian elections outcome his own boor-like, disrepectful and impolite way, while not even Holland, going to breach after France the annual unbalance, do support and can stand anymore the German austerity-only approach to the European economical crisis solution.
Welcome to the Commedia dell'Arte Herr Doktor, Your mask was really missing in this tragical comedy ...:p :D

justjean
03-07-2013, 04:24 AM
Haven't clue who's the best I think they are all great :D

Caesar
03-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Thank You, dear Jean! It's time me take a quantum leap to overcome what is an ominous historical situation and a crossroad to select a positive future, especially in in Europe. Unfortunately we're full of politician clowns, no matter if they show it more or less evidently. There are really few people in European leadership circles long-sighted enough today, to be able to stand on a stage and teach others what they should actually do to face the challenges.

pai
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Did you draw this, Caesar ?Or you attached a poster from somewhere? :eek::eek: Amazing, I like this style from you. Hmmm, more? :confused:

Panaslonix
03-08-2013, 12:19 AM
:d :d :d :d :d :d :d

limey-g
03-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Nicely done Caesar, I see you view politicians in Europe like we do in Canada.
Geoff

jibes
03-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Caesar, you certainly do great work! I haven't a clue who they are or what a populist is but I like them just the same.

D Akey
03-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Great satirical drawings, Caesar. Very amusing in their expressions and body attitudes. Nice attention to detail.

Alexandra
03-08-2013, 06:45 AM
You do these so well Cesare. I hope that things will go better for Europe. So many changes around the world right now.

AT-TA
03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Love the characters, very well done Caesar. Amazing what talent can do when pencil is around. I too want more, please. :)

Henry Stahle
03-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Banks lended without security. The people have to save the banks by leaving house and home, employments, lowering wages and pensions. It happend in the USA and it is happening in Europe. It is a very sad story. Good illustration on a very serious matter.

byroncallas
03-08-2013, 09:01 AM
These are great Caesar. Do you think you will be able to make bail? :D

Caesar
03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I did draw this, dear Pai, with the AR pencil and duplicated it to increase tones. Actually the first two characters on the right (two Italian political leaders) were resumed from another couple of political caricature vignettes I posted some time before, but I turned them into two clowns by means of a layer above. The third guy, a German political leader, was drawn brand new instead.
I don't know how much politicians are appreciated in China and how much satyrical vignettes are tolerated, but here in Europe, and especially in Italy, where politicians were able to do the worst we could imagine and beyond, their reputation is generally less than zero, but, at least, we have the freedom to express our opinion about them and their decisions in full. Thank You.

Thanks, dear Panslix!:D

Probably and with quite good reason, dear Geoff, also due to how the world and each country and democratic model is ruled and managed with increasing inadequacy. So politicians seem to be more and more rather part of the problems we have than of their solutions. Thank You!

Dear Jibes, populism is a political attitude and approach using simplified and easy to communicate slogans and promise along what population and especially the less educated or more emotional guys would like to hear or see pursued, often leveraging on their worst sentiments. Many leaders, either dictators or undisputed country bosses having enough charismatic and rethoric talent were populist, able to raise crowds with their propaganda. They are not all, necessarily, people with wrong objectives or immoral, but they are so often enough or not honest and reasonable enough in their proposals or eventually actually perform what they say. A US example could perhaps be Senator McCarthy, who made a blind ideological war to anything even vaguely smelling communist to him. I hope I was clear enough in my explanation. Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey! I'm necessarily quick drawing these vignettes (I get no money out of them), but some accuracy and detail where required are still quite necessary to effectively convey the message, I think.

Dear Sandra, we absolutely need more Europe, rather than less, especialy in these gloomy days, which means a much more politically unified one, but courage and vision generally lacks to our "tiny" leaders. Just as an example, in these days Mr. Cameron is defending the right of a bunch off city bankers and financial gurus to get abnormal bonuses, even when they make disasters (as they did) against an intended European ruling to keep their compensation within a ceiling (certainly not a miserable one) and giving consideration to the performance of their investment banks (finance, with their derivatives, bets, rating agency interested mistakes etc. was far more a deadly parasite to real economy lately that the opposite). Thank You.

Thank You, dear Anna. I always loved pencil as the cheapest, least technically complex and most portable tool set to observe and create what You see or imagine, after some excercise. It actually used to be, since my first year on Earth, an extension of my own body.

Exactly, dear Henry Stahle! I would invite to read what I wrote above to Sandra to read also some of what I think thereabout.
Anyway in Italy banks had different, cautious attitudes, thus not breaking, but choking financial needs once in crisis, so they were caught in the storm for a quite different reasons than the failing banks of the Anglosaxon world, that is the Italian debt huge amount and market speculations following the idiot, short-sighted, slow-reacting management of the Greek problem. This costed and wasted much of our private savings. Italian families initially had by far the highest saving rate of anyone else, but Japan, and personal and state assets and patrimonies were quite high. The solution was then to simply keep the public debt within the yearly boundaries (we did, France and now Holland didn't and Germany before, because their overall debt amout is less). Tha meant to us to cure the huge overall debt effects, due also to mismanagement and corruption by our politicians and leaders, by taxing heavily and get what they could out of us to please Frau Merkel instead than devout part of it and the money borrowed at low rates from BCE to pay suppliers of our bureacracies and finance our enterprises. In other words, simply use our private savings to keep our public indebtedness sustainable, but we didn't take into account the depressive effects of European measures applying German recipe to all (later on and in the worst moment). I cannot deny the too many issues to correct and change in Italy, these election show all our frustration and attempt to revert our inept leaing class, but we did have a real "real economy", rather than a financial virtuality, and are, maybe soon were, the second manufacturing economy after Germany in Europe. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Byron! Do You mean sell or securitize some of our huge state patrimony to restructure Italian public debt or what?

byroncallas
03-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Thank You, dear Byron! Do You mean sell or securitize some of our huge state patrimony to restructure Italian public debt or what?

I mean, do you think you'll have enought money to get out of jail? :D:D:D

Caesar
03-08-2013, 11:20 PM
LOL:o I see now, dear Byron!
Actually it doesn't work that way here, that's why I missed. Either You have to stay in prison or home-jailed or not, before the trial sentence, depends only on the possibility You have (or not) to mess up with evidence, being dangerous and re-iterate the crime or probability and means to escape abroad where no bilater agreement exist. The evaluation is eventually made by the judge according to the information he gets thereabout. Being released or not is therefore not a matter of bail and its amount fixing. I guess bail would possibly be unconstitutional too, because it would unduly differentiate between citizens who could afford it and the ones who couldn't.

Zeropainter
03-09-2013, 12:00 AM
I like it tooo ... but bad situation really here in germany, I don't like eigher ANGELA MERKEL nor STEINBRUECK :(:(
I think WILLY BRANDT was the last very good Chancelor in (Western)Germany.

Many people in east germany did have a lot of hope in 1989 ... but now? Its so sad :( even me, I have fear that I lost my current job ...

RobertSWade
03-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Reminds me of our recent Presidential elections where the last clown out of the clown car got to run against Obama. Of course, it's hard to run with your foot in your mouth.

Caesar
03-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Thank You, dear Zeropainter! I agree on Willy Brandt and I think Kohl too was a great politician too. I met some eastern Germans just before the unification and found they were mostly absolutely fine people with hope and a kind attitude, the common people I mean. Best wishes to You for going on working and having an activity You like. At least You have the advantage to speak German and You may move in Your country which don't suffer of unemployment as in too many cases elsewhere in Europe.

Dear Robert, as far as I may understand something of US politics, I would say that Obama has courage at least, so he's pursuing the right changes to have as much Americans as possible to own America and its resources, not only the tycoons and upper classes. Moreover the limit of two presidential mandates leaves Your President free to follow his inspiration, beliefs and thoughts without the need to please anymore everybody in order to be re-elected. Thank You!