PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day card

milowerx
02-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Every year since 1991 I've made a Valentine's Day card from scratch for my wife. this is only the second one that is painted. I hope you like...

jvolkel
02-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Great characters - wonderful card!

Stephen Lo Piano
02-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Very Good. What program is used for creating the card layout, font lettering?
I make a lot of personal cards myself with Corel Painter, Art Rage, and Broderbund Print Shop Deluxe or Corel Draw (for layout and lettering).

AndyRage
02-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Heh. That's a brilliant card. It just sooo says 'love' in so many ways.

milowerx
02-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks fellas!
Stephen, I use Photoshop for all the lettering and layout. My arsenal includes Photoshop, Flash, Alias Sketchbook Pro and of course ArtRage. Sometimes I'll use Maya but not much for illustration. Lately I have used CorelDraw's CorelTrace fuction for when I am doing a vector art piece.
Glad you like the art!

D Akey
02-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Hilarious.

Might want to make the background a little less active right around the figures so they're not competing.

I can see you were thinking along those lines. The answer may lie in the drawing of the background and perhaps not making it so uniformly spotty.

The blur is a decent try, and the difference in color is as well. But they didn't manage to quite tame that ol' background.

There are lots of places in Venice where you could design in simpler, more interesting ways.

I'm thinking of perhaps setting it in one of the narrower side canals where they have those intimate bridges. It could give you nice arcs and verticals and some detail in spots away from the figures to play with in your design.

Just a thought.

The characters are really fun and I LOVE those bent notes.

ARTWITHIN
02-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Grest sense of humor and a wonderful card. Love the concept and characters.

Happy Valentine's Day!

sweeneymini
02-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Amazing :shock: The painting is soo clean, especially the notes :D

Lee
02-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Just dreamy !!!!! thank you, Milo!

milowerx
02-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi D Akey, Yeah I think you're right. There's not near enough contrast between the foreground and the background/ It's something I'm trying to work on in my art. I'm kinda new at this whole painting thing but I'll get it one day!

pai
02-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Another wonderful drawing !! Especially like the music notes there. I really can feel the happiness and love by seeing it.