PDA

View Full Version : Where do I learn the basics on how to use the tools and digital art foundation?

otakugamer
03-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Basically I know nothing of artrage and digital art/traditional art but I want to start learning to produce diffrent kinds of art using artrage.I have artrage studio pro 3.5 and I'm thinking of upgrading to artrage 4 but I can't seem to find a good source that teaches drawing stuff from basics using the program.

Micmac
03-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Youtube are full of videos if you search on Artrage

Mic

Bobbyray
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi

Have you read the latest issue of ArtRageUS magazine? It is all free. Also there are 2 books:
Basic tutorials and Art Supplies 2013.

The magazine has a considerable amount of information dedicated to ArtRage by Ragers with video tutorials on Youtube (direct links) and much more.

http://www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net)

sueellen
03-05-2013, 04:59 PM
A new Art Supplies Book! Cool. Thanks!

gepocock
04-03-2013, 02:38 AM
I found the Judith Tramayne tutorials very easy to follow, and not all of them are easy. They take you step by step through settings, tools etc.
Basically I know nothing of artrage and digital art/traditional art but I want to start learning to produce diffrent kinds of art using artrage.I have artrage studio pro 3.5 and I'm thinking of upgrading to artrage 4 but I can't seem to find a good source that teaches drawing stuff from basics using the program.

Ulla
04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I learned a lot watching the videos - they gave me a very good impression of what can be done with Artrage. But for going in the detail I invested time in trying out things without the intention of painting or drawing a "real" piece.
For example - I don't know if this is helpful to anybody - I decided to do one thing: open a new canvas, select one tool (for me it was the pencil), try out the settings and make notices about how the specific setting influences the performance. So I learned how to produce a very light stroke, a thin but heavier stroke and so on. Just some quick doodles, and nothing I would save.