PDA

View Full Version : Gloop pen sticker (new image pg 3)

Aunt_Betsy
02-27-2013, 11:00 AM
I was playing around with the rabbit hole stuff with the black background and I happen to try the gloop pen on it and thought it really looked good on black. Having been obsessed with making stickers for two months I thought why not try it. I think I may have a new obsession, gloop pen stickers. :D

justjean
02-27-2013, 11:24 AM
WOW that looks terrific, Betsy, my gloop stickies are a mess :D

Aunt_Betsy
02-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks Jean!

I made the top one with the symmetry tool set for rotation with 3 segments. I did a simple S curve to the middle. This one I did the same thing then I used the magic wand to select the individual s curves and changed the colors with the "Adjust Layer Color" from the Edit menu. I then duplicated the layer. One of the layers I blurred enough to give it a little glow. I have the sticker Spray Variation Hue set to about 14% Sequence.

cripster
02-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Here's my gloop sticker test :) not as good as yours Aunt, but i'm trying lol.

Aunt_Betsy
02-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks Graham!

The stickers themselves look fine, just try them on a different background, the orange doesn't give the right contrast, it washes out your colors. Black seems the best for showing off the gloop pen transparency. They absolutely glow. If you must have orange, try a darker or lighter shade.

Try adjusting the shadow for the sticker, I had mine set at 7% radius, 21% Opacity, X Position 7px, and Y position 9px. Make sure you have the Canvas lighting checked in the canvas settings. Try reducing the flow rate for the sticker or the amount of rotation. It will allow for the transparency to show through. Just keep playing with all the settings to see what you get. There can be dramatic changes to the very same sticker.

Here is my sticker on an orange background with no shadow. There isn't enough contrast to make it stand out.

coops
02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
And dont they just glow, lovely images Aunt Betsy:)

Aunt_Betsy
02-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks coops! The black background mades all the difference. If I hadn't be trying to do a rabbit hole image I might never have tried it.

cripster
02-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the help but i'm not sure where to find the setting your talking about :( (Try adjusting the shadow for the sticker, I had mine set at 7% radius, 21% Opacity, X Position 7px, and Y position 9px. Make sure you have the Canvas lighting checked in the canvas settings. Try reducing the flow rate for the sticker or the amount of rotation. It will allow for the transparency to show through. Just keep playing with all the settings to see what you get. There can be dramatic changes to the very same sticker.)

Aunt_Betsy
02-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Graham here are where you can find the settings I was referring to. I hope this helps. I know how frustrating it can be when someone takes about changing something and you don't know where to find it.

cripster
02-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Is this what you mean i think this pops out at you in parts :) Also what size canvas do you use to make your stickers?

kenmo
02-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Very, very nice.....

Aunt_Betsy
02-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Here is what I saved this one at. I think I started at 150dpi, but I cropped and then resized it and didn't notice it had gone back to 72dpi. I think it is the overall pixels that matter though. Don't make them too small or too complicated, the sticker sprayer adds the complication.

I have included my sticker sprayer setting and I added a single sticker to the drawing so you could see how it looks when I start.

Aunt_Betsy
02-28-2013, 03:05 AM
Thanks Ken, it's amazing what you can come up with in ArtRage when you're just playing around.

asahiart
02-28-2013, 03:14 AM
If you mess around enough you can come up with some interesting stuff - example here http://www.asahiart.co.uk/Pages/Colored_Fractals_After_Effects.html

cripster
02-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks very much, i'll email you soon just a few question

justjean
02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Lovely, and the black sure makes it pop :)

Aunt_Betsy
02-28-2013, 02:49 PM
the ideas work very nice

Thanks so much asahiart! I checked out your website and you do Great work.

Thanks very much, i'll email you soon just a few question

Your welcome Graham, your answers are on their way.

Lovely, and the black sure makes it pop :D

Thanks Jean! These arenít the rabbit hole that I was working on when I went to the black background, but I donít have any more pet bunnies (Iíve had 3) so I donít need the rabbit hole. I like these better.:D

pai
03-01-2013, 09:34 PM
hello Aunt Betsy,

it's so nice to see your work in process for this AR new tools (new to me..haha). i still remembered your xmas card design you did a lot. i think the new AR4 tools will give you more creative ideas.

i love to see more from you :D

Aunt_Betsy
03-01-2013, 10:19 PM
It is so nice to see you post again Pai!

The new ArtRage tools are new to everyone (except the beta testers), it just came out in the middle of February. I just started making my own stickers after Christmas, so combining them is all new to me. I've been working on doing Christmas trees with the Sym and Sticker tools. You know me and Christmas stuff, I work on it year round. :D

Have so fun with AR 4 when you are able. It is actually very energizing.

byroncallas
03-02-2013, 04:51 AM
Terrific piece and a fun thread AB. You've got the touch with these. The direction will be helpful for lots of readers for sure. Love it.

Aunt_Betsy
03-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Thanks Byron!

I hope the screen shots are helpful to anyone trying to figure some of this stuff out. I'm just learning it myself. I've always been pretty good at teaching myself how to do things on the computer, but it leaves me with gaps in my knowledge because it's hard to know what you don't know. So I do know how if feels to want to do something and don't know how it is done.

kenmo
03-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks for sharing your insight & technique...

copespeak
03-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Aunt Betsy, these are beautiful! :)

Aunt_Betsy
03-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks for sharing your insight & technique...

You're welcome Ken, there are so many talented people here that share their knowledge with the rest of us, I am just glad I have something I can share.

Aunt Betsy, these are beautiful! :)

Thank you Robyn! I'm glad you like them.

screenpainter
03-03-2013, 12:50 PM
a... mazing! what a beauty of a sticker you made. great experiment. to me you are a genius.

Mairzie Dotes
03-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Aunt Betsy,
Lovely Gloop pieces these are and the how to instructions
are very informative because I need all of the help that I
can get! :D

Aunt_Betsy
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
a... mazing! what a beauty of a sticker you made. great experiment. to me you are a genius.

Thank you screenpainter! Mostly I'm just inquisitive with time to play. :D

Aunt Betsy,
Lovely Gloop pieces these are and the how to instructions
are very informative because I need all of the help that I
can get! :D

Thank you Mairzie, I'm glad the instructions are helpful.

D Akey
03-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Look at what you started, Aunt Betsy! Hahah. So very well done. ;););)

Aunt_Betsy
03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Look at what you started, Aunt Betsy! Hahah. So very well done. ;););)

Thank D Akey! I didn't start anything, blame it on the ArtRage Team. :D I'm just exploiting what they put into motion.

This is a new sticker of two colors.